Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Current state of PvP

This about sums it up I guess:

https://gyazo.com/54cf07645c2e09ace0ca6734ec1893ab

Feels like one of those f2p mmos like swtor with queue times this long.

Maybe about time to remove faction based pvp?

Lol really? You think just because of some holiday pvp event that everyone is doing that faction based pvp just needs to be removed for better queue times? Go do the merc stuff and join the alliance side if you want in that bad.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

When there's 5 mil subscribers there should be more BG variety than Gilneas, Silvershard and WSG over and over and queue times shouldn't be longer than 30 secs.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    Lol really? You think just because of some holiday pvp event that everyone is doing that faction based pvp just needs to be removed for better queue times? Go do the merc stuff and join the alliance side if you want in that bad.
    these events are supposed to encourage people to participate, seems to be failing.

removing faction locks would improve queue times and quality across the board

I dont want to battle people of my own faction.
    Intel i9 9900K @ 5GHz | Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4 @ 3600MHz 2x8GB | Asus Maximus XI Z390 | Asus RTX 3080 Ti OC | Corsair HX850 Platinum | Corsair H150i Pro CPU cooler | Acer Predator 32" 2560x1440 170MHz | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB m.2 NVMe SSD | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB m.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair K70 Rapidfire Keyboard | Corsair Virtuoso XT RGB Headphones | Corsair Crystal Series 570x RGB Case | Logitech G604 | Windows 11 Professional x64
    My Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Ambushu View Post
    I dont want to battle people of my own faction.
    So just for you we are lowering the quality of pvp for everyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    So just for you we are lowering the quality of pvp for everyone?
    not just him... me too.. the idea of me battling horde as a horde is stupid . i guess im old school

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    not just him... me too.. the idea of me battling horde as a horde is stupid . i guess im old school
    I already fight more Horde than Alliance when I don't use mercenary mode. With Alliance it's all cut and clear: I have to reduce their HP to 0 while keeping my HP above 0 to win. With Horde I have to whine and beg and threaten to get them to play objectives instead of farming mid like a bunch of doofuses.

Quote Originally Posted by urfaustus View Post
    I take it you don't play arenas?

Uhm...8 mins?
    Since when is that "omg superlong"? Pretty sure I've got a screenshot laying around somewhere of like an 7 hour queue for wsg, granted that was in the ancient times...but still.. 8 mins?!

Quote Originally Posted by glowzone View Post
    Uhm...8 mins?
    Since when is that "omg superlong"? Pretty sure I've got a screenshot laying around somewhere of like an 7 hour queue for wsg, granted that was in the ancient times...but still.. 8 mins?!
    used to be 2-3 in mop, even for horde

even on alliance its no longer instant

The state of PvP has been a travesty for a very long time and after all these years the participation has finally tanked to a critical levels likes this and it's not really a surprise to anyone who's been paying attention to what's really important. If you want some reasons:

- PvP as a form of gearing up doesn't exist for most. Get a good 'rating' or GTFO has been the developers approach for several years now and it has drove the community away by the thousands. Coz apparently we're supposed to PvP for 'fun' or git gud with 2k rating blah blah blah the elitist circle jerk makes me sick. It's been this way for years.

- PvP gameplay support in the open world is a complete horror show MUCH more than previous expansion.

- Bare bones PvP content if any at all. This brawl stuff is okay I guess.

- Zero developer communication or acknowledgement of serious obvious issues for YEARS. For example: racials, uneven BG map designs, class composition in BGs (Lack of healers, one side completely geared the other in crap gear etc).

Dude.. back in vanilla, many servers on alliance had to wait 8 hours to get into a arathi basin. and you complain about waiting 8 minutes? I get it, with millions of subs we shouldn't have Queue times that long actually. But it really seems like particitpation on random BGs is on an all time low (imho).

But that kinda Blizzards fault, with these stupid templates they actually never really touch in the right way. And removed the ability to customize your character in an MMO/RPG (so dumb). + the spell pruning. I play WoW since 2005 EU release. And I never felt that bored to play random BGs ever. Heroes of the Storm feels much more engaging because it seems like I have to press more buttons and spells in HotS than any of my classes/speccs in a random BG.

And thats why BGs are so boring for me at the moment. And i am pretty sure many do feel the same. That's why queue times are that "high" I guess.

Want PvP to work again, remove rating as a requirement for gear progression .. instead add vanity and transmog rawards ..

Deleted
    Been queing a lot at random times. Ques are generally shorter than 2 minutes. Not sure what game you are playing?
    However the fun in pvp has been declining. I don't blame it to gearing or faction bs. (Tho i still think merc mode should allow you to que up with some horde friends you got on realid.)

I just generally think people don't enjoy to sit in 100 different stuns whole game. This became pretty prominent after i lvled a restosham not long ago.
    When i see a rogue and demonhunter in a team i just want to leave. (A game shoulden't be like that where i feel im just going to sit there completely locked down and might just afk.)
    Same as it goes in world pvp. With the high damage going on. The first guy that stuns a non trinket wins. Ive been in a lot of cases where i would know i could stand a chance against multiple people. But ye.. when i sit in 3 stuns in a row it's not going to work.

Secondly is all the "Immunity" defenses. Remember when it was only paladin and mage having an immunity. Well ye now apperantly everyone has one. Yes crazy 100% parry of warrior and Lol dh.. its dodge but also not dodge cooldown also count.
    You feel when you got into a fight you think. "I dont want to hit this guy or that guy cause when i get him low i have to wait atleast up to 8 seconds before i can actually beat him.... oh do i see a warlock or shaman out there?"
    These "safezones" make engaging a target quickly into a boring chore.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post
    Been queing a lot at random times. Ques are generally shorter than 2 minutes. Not sure what game you are playing?
    However the fun in pvp has been declining. I don't blame it to gearing or faction bs. (Tho i still think merc mode should allow you to que up with some horde friends you got on realid.)

I just generally think people don't enjoy to sit in 100 different stuns whole game. This became pretty prominent after i lvled a restosham not long ago.
    When i see a rogue and demonhunter in a team i just want to leave. (A game shoulden't be like that where i feel im just going to sit there completely locked down and might just afk.)
    Same as it goes in world pvp. With the high damage going on. The first guy that stuns a non trinket wins. Ive been in a lot of cases where i would know i could stand a chance against multiple people. But ye.. when i sit in 3 stuns in a row it's not going to work.

Secondly is all the "Immunity" defenses. Remember when it was only paladin and mage having an immunity. Well ye now apperantly everyone has one. Yes crazy 100% parry of warrior and Lol dh.. its dodge but also not dodge cooldown also count.
    You feel when you got into a fight you think. "I dont want to hit this guy or that guy cause when i get him low i have to wait atleast up to 8 seconds before i can actually beat him.... oh do i see a warlock or shaman out there?"
    Isn't that how they make melee game play more friendly? It started with easing facing requirements (remember when backstab actually required being behind the target?) then more easing and more easing until you get Legion .. it has never been this easy to melee .. Look at DH the poster boy child of design strategy that 'they' have been adopting .. Some one once wrote that CC is a crutch for bad design ..

CC chain possible in this game is just crazy today. As an example, x3 poly / Belf blanket silence / CS-Fire Breath .. This is just an example of what a healer/player can expect out of legion.

Stun wise, what is possible today is double digit seconds .. crazy!

I'd love the see stuns becoming iconic with a very small number of specs and namely Rogue .. every one else should not have them at all .. I'd also love to see the bar raised a bit regarding melee game play ..

Edit: Stun wise Rogue and Paladin
    Last edited by Cempa; 2017-08-27 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinka View Post

alliance queues used to be instant, like clicking the button and you get in.

Horde queues from wotlk to mop at primtime were usually about 2-5 minutes. Now it's more like 4 minutes minimum (11mins I've experienced as well) unless it autofills you into a bg that someone left.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Most people dont. And historically, most people didnt. Deathmatchbawksers have never been even close to a majority of people who PvPed seriously at endgame.

Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    you are correct!

7+ Year Old Account

It's fine... besides, who cares about "Same battleground, different minor tweeks" I mean there's no pvp content to speak of, adding these "PvP" weather effects and ship do nothing for It but make It all annoying more than It Is.

Also, SW:TOR Isn't that long with It's PvP queue times, you get a pvp match within roughly 5 minutes, at max level of course. And If you remove faction based PvPing you're removing PvP entirely, so don't even try suggesting that.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilfire View Post
    When there's 5 mil subscribers there should be more BG variety than Gilneas, Silvershard and WSG over and over and queue times shouldn't be longer than 30 secs.
    How did you get that number? We can only guess, and considering how Legion Is doing I'd say It's at a good 2-4 mil and that's being genereous. At least SWTOR has a solid 1 mil, FFIV has around 2 mil, ESO has at least 1 mil as well - mostly because, just like WoW they have diehard fanboys who will play until the end of days no matter what. And that's half of the current wow population, the rest are casuals who come and go who WoW Is aiming towards, especially In Legion.

Also what, they can't be longer than 30 seconds? Where were you the past 12 years? When queue times could be upwards of an hour. You should be happy the average queue time is 5 minutes. Especially since there's less and less players.
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?