I mean, it looks analagous to the alien who flies the Falcon with Lando in RotJ. Someone who will show up in a scene, unexplained, as someone helping out on the Falcon, and they'll have that one scene and that's it. A mook, but on the good guy's side.

I'd be surprised if it's anywhere near a "main" character. They made that mistake with Jar Jar already.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I mean, it looks analagous to the alien who flies the Falcon with Lando in RotJ. Someone who will show up in a scene, unexplained, as someone helping out on the Falcon, and they'll have that one scene and that's it. A mook, but on the good guy's side.

I'd be surprised if it's anywhere near a "main" character. They made that mistake with Jar Jar already.
    woah dude Ten Numb is like a massive character!

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch View Post
    woah dude Ten Numb is like a massive character!
    He wasn't when he first appeared in RotJ. He was just someone in Chewie's seat on Lando's Death Star run.

10+ Year Old Account
    A sloth AT-AT and a slice of pizza with a dick as their dreadnought...

What the fuck even is this shit Disney?

These are real vehicles in the movie.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    The sloth AT-AT is pretty sweet. Head looks a little too big/heavy but then it would mean more room in the cock pit so Im ok with it.

The ship however looks silly, does it land on its cannon?

The cannons retract into the hull. The ship is specialized for orbital bombardment and not much else. It's also called the Mandator IV.
    Last edited by Phaere; 2017-08-26 at 03:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    The sloth AT-AT is pretty sweet. Head looks a little too big/heavy but then it would mean more room in the cock pit so Im ok with it.

The ship however looks silly, does it land on its cannon?
    Pretty sure these ships don't land
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Phaere View Post

The cannons retract into the hull. The ship is specialized for orbital bombardment and not much else. It's also called the Mandator IV.
    i have a mass effect 2 feel about those canons
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Fire the pepperoni
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Deleted
    it comes out in a few months, where is that darn trailer?....

Deleted
    New photo, Snoke decided to become a woman, still the same guards though.

^ reported for spoilers

recommended punishment: off with his head.
    "I'm not stuck in the trench, I'm maintaining my rating."

My main gripe is ... how does Snoke keep getting this sweet next-gen tech, like upgraded TIE fighters, frigates, walkers, Uber Omega Star Destroyers and even bigger Death Stars?

I mean, they should be some sort of an Imperial remnant, but after 30(?) years of being a small faction hiding away in the unknown systems, they show up with more firepower than the Emperor had.

What's Snoke's sith power? Alchemy? lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post
    My main gripe is ... how does Snoke keep getting this sweet next-gen tech, like upgraded TIE fighters, frigates, walkers, Uber Omega Star Destroyers and even bigger Death Stars?
    Necessity is the mother of invention. so suffice to say, they needed that tech, so it shall be.

Star Wars is basically fantasy set in a scifi setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    i have a mass effect 2 feel about those canons
    Would be nice if they added a random character that has to calibrate those guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Hextor View Post

I mean, they should be some sort of an Imperial remnant, but after 30(?) years of being a small faction hiding away in the unknown systems, they show up with more firepower than the Emperor had.

What's Snoke's sith power? Alchemy? lol
    This is actually explained in new material, TFA just made a shit job of it. First order is not just one faction working alone in the middle of nowhere. Its two faction joined into one. A bunch of the republic systems quit the republic and formed the First order with the remaining forces of the old empire. The first order pretty much born from a separatist movement again. Thats how they have actual military power, some systems benefited more with the empire then the republic.

The state of the galaxy at the start of TFA is closer to SWTOR, then the original series. The republic had a truce with remain of the old empire, this truce continued when the separatist worlds joined them. They simply used that truce to build a bunch of shit and make an army, like any good force user ran empire would. Which is why Leia is forced to make a resistance movement, because the republic does not want to start a war with the separatist system. Literally the only thing that TFA showed you about this and even that was poorly done (i didnt hate TFA btw), is that FO broke the truce first, by destroying the republic seat of power when starkiller fired for the first time.
    Last edited by minteK917; 2017-09-15 at 03:10 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remember the Republic pretty much left the First Order alone for 30 years. A faction that still had fight in it, made up of a bunch of warlords, (modeled after Germany), Imperial fanatics, left alone for 30+ years.

The Republic was pretty much waiting to get slapped in the mouth by the First Order. At least Empire madr efforts to subjugate the Rebels (and certainly dismantled the Separatists).

- - - Updated - - -

Remember the Republic pretty much left the First Order alone for 30 years. A faction that still had fight in it, made up of a bunch of warlords, (modeled after Germany), Imperial fanatics, left alone for 30+ years.

The Republic was pretty much waiting to get slapped in the mouth by the First Order. At least Empire madr efforts to subjugate the Rebels (and certainly dismantled the Separatists).

Resident Cosplay Progressive

shouldnt we be getting another trailer soon?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

It's going to be shit, just like last one. Sure, it will have VERY high production quality, but that's compensated by poor scripts and acting. In terms of art, the new series are facepalm material and nothing more.