Page 1 of 2
LastLast

New World Bosses= 930 Loot Pinata Festival?

Im not sure I quite understand how the new world bosses work per se. From now re-reading everyhing, it seems as they all spawn every week like invasion timers now and that perhaps once per reset you can kill each for a 930 loot chance.

How is that not an epic 930+ Loot Pinata? Am I missing something big? Like you can only kill one of these a week or ?

They're just like the world bosses on the Broken Isles, which gave ilvl 900 gear (M NH gear was 905).

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    They're just like the world bosses on the Broken Isles, which gave ilvl 900 gear (M NH gear was 905).
    which means they are like 1/week or ?

I guess I am confused by the entire "Do Argus Questline opener, then do invasion scenario as group content, then form raid to kill WB" concept. That would not really rely on a building coming up ala Broken Shore or a weekly reset ala World Content. Meaning all of them can be downed for loot per week, unless Im missing something here major.

Quote Originally Posted by Jqu View Post
    It's just a reiterated version of this.

They did the same in 7.2, pvp gear, world boss gear and mythic+ gear all got upgraded... so you had non-mythic raiders with 920 ilvl because they did random RBGs while your full mythic Nighthold gear wasn't even close.

It's one way to nerf the content.

It lead to many people doing 5/10M in Nighthold and then not being able to kill more than one boss in mythic in TOS.. well now they will be able to.

Unsure how many will be available per week. Thing is though that a good portion of the loot that drops competes with a tier slot, they drop no jewelry pieces, and the few relics that drop are utility traits. Sure you could get a lucky TF proc but for many people this will either just be a way to get a little boost on alts or to collect the Argunite to gamble on stuff (like trinkets).

The loot isn't that powerful, if you're already mythic raiding and have been doing your +15 every week the chances of getting an upgrade from these is very small.

It's just there to help alt catchup, as well as the relics are there to help classes who have bis traits on "meme slots" for most other classes. Like for example brewmasters being able to get 2 facepalm relics from these, and then they just need a NC roll on the 3rd slot to be BIS.

If it's still one a week, then it's still nothing special. Hopefully they vary it up this time and make more possible. Also, missing world bosses because of tower up time is a bummer, so hopefully this will be different as well.

Only one spawns a week to kill, so it's the same system that we've had a while.
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

They want to bridge the ilvl gap

So not only you can get a free item , you are going to whine about it ? if you dont like it dont kill the bosses (also the item isnt 100%). Fucking whiners.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    that was broken shore. OG world bosses gave 860 I think
    First world bosses 860, EN H 865
    Broken shores world bosses 900, NH M 905-915
    Argus world bosses 930, ToS M 930-940

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    So not only you can get a free item , you are going to whine about it ? if you dont like it dont kill the bosses (also the item isnt 100%). Fucking whiners.
    Well, you go there, you AFK, you loot the boss.
    Not free but not really working for the loot either.

Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Yeah and the raid dropped 865. Your point?
    He just corrected the misinformation that was given, no need to get triggered.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are comparing items of 7.3 with the raid gear of the previous patch, of course it's gonna be inferior.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigrifid View Post
    nah hes whining because in couple of weeks people with catch up itlv to him and all this time he spend nolifing is wasted

imagine how pissed he must be when new expansion lands and all gear he farmined for months in last patch is swapped with quest greens

Deleted
    There are still people who cares about World Boss loot? Does this hurts your normal raider ego?

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    nah hes whining because in couple of weeks people with catch up itlv to him and all this time he spend nolifing is wasted

imagine how pissed he must be when new expansion lands and all gear he farmined for months in last patch is swapped with quest greens
    I like the way you think , i might share my popcorn with you on the next expansion release

Honestly they can drop infinite 930s a week since loot is capping around 980-1000 for Mythic Burning Throne. By the time that raid comes out 930 will be equivalent to what the WQ 865s are right now. Raiding toons will still be doing nearly twice the damage as your 930 casual players/alts in a lot of cases.
    Last edited by mistahwilshire; 2017-08-26 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    Honestly they can drop infinite 930s a week since loot is capping around 980-1000 for Mythic Burning Throne. By the time that raid comes out 930 will be equivalent to what the WQ 865s are right now. Raiding toons will still be doing nearly twice the damage as your 930 casual players/alts in a lot of cases.
    When the TF cap go's up to 980 I got some bad news for you.

Everything can TF up to 980, not just mythic raid loot.

930 is normal burning throne/mythic ToS base ilvl. It's not nearly as worthless as you're trying to claim.