Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jibberbox85 View Post
    Not knowing what these directions were (a clear understanding of them) all I could go by was the link that was posted. When another poster sent me a better link (Which you could've have potentially done to prove your point) I saw it from a different point of view that wasn't clearly seen from the first link.
    Ok well now you have seen it, this is the internet and it's text, but now if you have actually seen the video, you know what the hell is being referred to so if you have MORE of a problem with a flame thrower than a man with a gun firing into a crowd, then that is the issue.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Weird that only one side is being charged with committing crimes far more frequently. Unless you want to actually quantify it count up the number of crimes each side has committed whether they were actually charged or not. So far we have this guy charged with a felony and someone charged with murder from the right. Anyone on the left charged with murder yet?

Why are you trying to keep score?

What do you mean "nice try" We told you several times it was a link in the OP, not the embedded video. It's not our fault you have trouble following direction. Even another posted asked me about it and found the correct video in less than 30 seconds.
    Linking the video is far more productive when people ask because they miss or can't find it than wasting time strutting egos at each other.

- - - Updated - - -

Even if you hate both, saying they're both equally as bad is ridiculous. That's like saying the US was just as bad as Nazi Germany at the time because we both used violence.
    Nazis thought might makes right. To some extent it does but that is a very authoritarian worldview and not how an actual democracy works. Laws ideally reflect our morals and fighting fire with fire only gets you so far and will never uproot the ideology you're trying to weed out. That can only happen by ensuring everyone gets a decent education with a deeper understanding of how the systems and institutions in society work along with human nature so that we can advance and progress together in happiness rather than in oppression. Tribalism is the default and it's easy to fall victim to others taking advantage of you in this day and age especially if you just want to hang out with the guys and hear opinions that resonate with your own thoughts.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    How is the same link a better link? The link in the OP is exactly the same website and video as what that other poster showed you.
    It wouldn't and shouldn't be if he had a clear objective point of view, the truth is he wasn't probably as motivated, or is just fucking around.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yep, one of two things need to happen these Alt-Right Nazi's need to be labeled terrorist and disarmed or people on both sides of these rally's need to start arming themselves.
    I'm pretty sure most of the right wing groups involved in Charlottesville have already been put on the FBI's terror watch list, so yeah . . .

If a white neo-nazi supporter was shooting a mini-flame thrower and it was a BLM member that discharged a pistol like this guy did. Guess what they would be saying about the BLM member? They would be saying the BLM guy needs to be locked up for discharging a pistol and the nazi was just defending himself.

Just racist people playing more of these mental gymnastics.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    I'm pretty sure most of the right wing groups involved in Charlottesville have already been put on the FBI's terror watch list, so yeah . . .
    With Jeff Sessions as Attorney General, I am sure they aren't or at least not in any way that means anything. The Left needs to learn to shoot and use their rights to the 2A, like yesterday.

Don't see an issue of him firing at the guy spraying people with hair spray then using it as a flamethrower don't bring hair spray to a gun fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    What, exactly, are you going to prosecute the guy with hairspray and a lighter for? If he didn't injure anyone, what's there to charge him with? That's not the same as firing a gun into a crowd and then walking away. That is explicitly illegal. If there's actually a crime called 'Lighting hairspray on fire' (or some equivalent) then, sure, arrest him. I don't know what law that would be though.
    What is the specific crime that the guy who fired the gun would be charged with? It'd probably be called "Assault with a deadly weapon". Guess what firing an improvised flamethrower at someone is considered? "Assault with a deadly weapon".

Quote Originally Posted by Thereaperszone View Post
    Don't see an issue of him firing at the guy spraying people with hair spray then using it as a flamethrower don't bring hair spray to a gun fight.
    So if it was a black guy that discharged his weapon like the nazi did and the nazi was using the spray can. You would still be saying this?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snakeseye0 View Post
    If a white neo-nazi supporter was shooting a mini-flame thrower and it was a BLM member that discharged a pistol like this guy did. Guess what they would be saying about the BLM member? They would be saying the BLM guy needs to be locked up for discharging a pistol and the nazi was just defending himself.

Just racist people playing more of these mental gymnastics.
    I agree mostly because one group is actively stressing murder and killing those who aren't white in the pursuit of white supremacy, so YEAH, you are right.

You do that, I am not going to do the digging because I don't really feel the need to point out why the fucking guy with the flame thrower was breaking the law, because despite knowing that as I have demonstrated without specifics because I am not the police or prosecutor there, I am going to instead be more concerned and focused on the guy with a gun, who unlike the flame thrower, is someone who should be behaving more responsible since, he is in the possession of a regulated fire arm.

To be honest at this point I wouldn't be surprised he isn't legally allowed to have it. And on a personal level, I am less concerned about the flame thrower than the gun being fired into a crowd of people.
    So ya, misdemeanor. Maybe. Here's the entire list that you can look through and peruse yourself. I thought for a second that http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia...tion-18.2-312/ might be applicable looking at the title, but it turns out, that's for using chemical weapons.

And maybe a civil fine if they actually qualify that as pyrotechnics.

So you might be able to get a conviction. Maybe.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

So if it was a black guy that discharged his weapon like the nazi did and the nazi was using the spray can. You would still be saying this?
    Yes I would both side want to be violent so.

10+ Year Old Account
    So there was no Good Guy with a GunTM around to stop him from shooting into the crowd? I also recall some recent NRA propaganda inciting members to use guns at rallies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, because the black guy isn't there for an official gathering that stated that their direct intent above all else was to Unit the Right under the Banner of Alt-Right Neo Nazi's and White Supremacist who are proven to be calling for violence.

Shit one right wing extremist Organizations the NRA has already now released another video calling for armed fucking conflict with Conservative Elites as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, and that should be a charge right there, discharging a fire arm into a crowd, he forfeited his rights to any known law on the books. And one trained in fire arms will tell you, that you don't fire a warning shot.

- - - Updated - - -

No in the link he clearly fired, not aiming at anybody, but that is for sure fucking illegal, and exactly the kind of prime example of the bullshit that went on that day that let to 1 person being killed and 19 injured, this man should be in jail and his guns taken, and restricted from ever owning a fire arm again.
    What about the black guy with a flame thrower?

Are you being sarcastic? How is the latter's ideology of "against genocide" a dangerous and divisive ideology?
    Continually seeing the inability to grasp context clues demonstrates daily that our education system is in drastic need of improvement.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Why are you trying to keep score?

Linking the video is far more productive when people ask because they miss or can't find it than wasting time strutting egos at each other.
    And that works great for videos that are easily linkable. That's not the case here. The website linked blocks embedding videos so you visit their page and give them views.

And it was linked 3 times in the thread, starting with the OP, then me, then finally you did. I even quoted the person nexx responded to so he would have a direct link to it (post#67).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    So ya, misdemeanor. Maybe. Here's the entire list that you can look through and peruse yourself. I thought for a second that http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia...tion-18.2-312/ might be applicable looking at the title, but it turns out, that's for using chemical weapons.

And maybe a civil fine if they actually qualify that as pyrotechnics.

So you might be able to get a conviction. Maybe.
    Yes but you are also forgetting something unless you LIVE in Virginia and are familiar with more than just looking up their laws. That there may be other state laws they have that apply you don't have where you live or I have.

Simply put it doesn't really matter, because I can't know and you can't 100% know which laws he would be charged with, but I am 100% if you showed this video to the police or a cop has saw that he would be arrested and charged seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What about the black guy with a flame thrower?
    What about him? I already linked pretty much the only applicable law for him. You might be able to get a misdemeanor conviction out of it compared to the class 4 felony the guy who fired his gun committed.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    I was equally confused as I didn't spot OPs hidden link in one the paragraphs initially. Rare to see a whole paragraph tagged with a link

Yea, I had to go back and look at it again. Also, the hyperlink blends in with the background of the site. I had to hover over the text to see the html link. Thanks for pointing that out.
    Last edited by jibberbox85; 2017-08-27 at 03:48 AM.