Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Yes but you are also forgetting something unless you LIVE in Virginia and are familiar with more than just looking up their laws. That there may be other state laws they have that apply you don't have where you live or I have.

Simply put it doesn't really matter, because I can't know and you can't 100% know which laws he would be charged with, but I am 100% if you showed this video to the police or a cop has saw that he would be arrested and charged seriously.
    I mean, I'm literally linking you the text of the state's legal code. If they're not listed as a crime in their legal code, it's not a crime.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Serpha View Post
    What about the black guy with a flame thrower?
    What about the guy with a flame thrower, he is already brandishing a prohibited device that I am aware of, he shouldn't have it in the first place, that doesn't suddenly suggest the guy with the gun who DOES have a regulated fire arm, that if he is carrying legal has the responsibility not to be pulling his gun aiming and firing into a crowd.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This was on black Twitter right after it happened. People were already calling out the Nazi who was yelling nigger and waving the gun around.

Quote Originally Posted by Vynny View Post
    What is the specific crime that the guy who fired the gun would be charged with? It'd probably be called "Assault with a deadly weapon". Guess what firing an improvised flamethrower at someone is considered? "Assault with a deadly weapon".
    I already linked the applicable criminal codes. You're wrong.

Edit: Just to link it again:

https://vacode.org/2016/18.2/7/4/18.2-280/ There's a school kiddycorner to the park which makes it a class 4 felony to discharge a firearm in public.

http://law.justia.com/codes/virginia...tion-18.2-415/ Engaging in conduct that is likely to cause violence basically. Since he didn't hurt anyone, and since a can of hairspray+lighter isn't deemed a firearm, that's the most possible he can be charged with (given the video we've seen), a misdemeanor.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-08-27 at 03:54 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    What about the guy with a flame thrower, he is already brandishing a prohibited device that I am aware of, he shouldn't have it in the first place, that doesn't suddenly suggest the guy with the gun who DOES have a regulated fire arm, that if he is carrying legal has the responsibility not to be pulling his gun aiming and firing into a crowd.
    I don't see you talking about him and his pictures were online since day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    I mean, I'm literally linking you the text of the state's legal code. If they're not listed as a crime in their legal code, it's not a crime.
    I am not in that state and I am not going to pretend whether I linked or cited a specific law whether that is what the charge would be, I am also not going by looks and saying "Well that doesn't look right" so I making shit up.

But since you want to really fucking harp on this yes, the flame thrower is totally illegal, and I am pretty fucking sure public endangerment in and of itself, could get him a felony charge if the cop or prosecutor seen this footage.

That shit was reckless and stupid, and as a any good defense attorney might argue a defense but it sure as shit wouldn't be from the stand point it's totally legal and no big deal doing what he was doing.

No you want to go ahead and disagree with me fine, but I support the counter protesters, but that is a bad legal argument to try to minimize what was pretty clearly very dangerous and deliberate illegal use of an aerosol can as a fucking flame thrower, Unless you are telling me he was trying to protect himself from a swarm of fucking wasps we can't see.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, and outside of Alt-Right Neo Nazi bringing this kind of bullshit constantly there is no others actually posting about this, especially when it is in defense themselves of their actions which included a person driving their car into 20 people and killing one.

I am right now fucking arguing with someone in this thread about that man with the flamethrower you claim I am turning a blind eye too.

I am right now fucking arguing with someone in this thread about that man with the flamethrower you claim I am turning a blind eye too.
    Ya. I'll back you up for once.

- - - Updated - - -

Read harder. Better. Something.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    This was on black Twitter right after it happened. People were already calling out the Nazi who was yelling nigger and waving the gun around.
    Damn you @Fencer, you always come out of left field surprising me haha BlackTwitter!

Hows, the fight so far?

Wait, so I can build my own unique weapon and shoot at someone with it, and it's not against the law because it's not a "real" weapon?

It's also pretty clear he fired a warning shot, and wasn't aiming at the guy that was literally trying to assault a group of people he didn't even know with a makeshift flamethrower. It's a good thing there wasn't anything actually dangerous in that aerosol can, like a deadly gas or poison, but I'm 99% sure the alt-left are too poor and stupid for that kind of thing. It's too bad that idiot didn't light himself on fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    Wait, so I can build my own unique weapon and shoot at someone with it, and it's not against the law because it's not a "real" weapon?

It's also pretty clear he fired a warning shot, and wasn't aiming at the guy that was literally trying to assault a group of people he didn't even know with a makeshift flamethrower. It's a good thing there wasn't anything actually dangerous in that aerosol can, like a deadly gas or poison, but I'm 99% sure the alt-left are too poor and stupid for that kind of thing. It's too bad that idiot didn't light himself on fire.
    You don't fire god damn warning shots with a gun, he isn't in the fucking woods, and those aren't bears. This lunatic could have easily killed someone completely random and by mistake. Never mind the fact he may have unintentionally committed murder, because unfortunately for him there was audio, he wasn't an innocent little lamb defending himself either.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Still not sure what you're saying. Are you being sarcastic or not? Don't dodge the question.
    No. There was no sarcasm in me pointing out that the stupid strawmanning that shows just how utterly unwilling so many are to actually understand their 'opponent's' position.
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Yep, one of two things need to happen these Alt-Right Nazi's need to be labeled terrorist and disarmed or people on both sides of these rally's need to start arming themselves.
    My stance, we need to have a law on the books that makes it a felony to bring any kind of weapon, improvised or otherwise, as well as any kind of armor or mask to a protest. No side now or forever would have any kind of moral high ground to stand on when it comes to violence with weapons. Furthermore, any time a protester or anti-protester throws a punch, that person needs to go to prison, and anyone that helps that person resist arrest also needs prison time.

I am totally cool with throwing violent Nazis and commies in the slammer by the hundreds if necessary. I will go full left wing big government on this one. Give me the police state in this circumstance.

You don't fire god damn warning shots with a gun, he isn't in the fucking woods, and those aren't bears. This lunatic could have easily killed someone completely random and by mistake. Never mind the fact he may have unintentionally committed murder, because unfortunately for him there was audio, he wasn't an innocent little lamb defending himself either.
    He was defending someone, but I guess all states can't have good laws like Texas. Also, you would be right if he fired the shot into the air, but he didn't. He shot the bullet into the dirt, which has a much lower chance of causing anyone harm. I'd say the lunatic spraying an aerosol can into a crowd and lighting it on fire with clear intent on causing harm is more dangerous than shooting a bullet into the dirt.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    My stance, we need to have a law on the books that makes it a felony to bring any kind of weapon, improvised or otherwise, as well as any kind of armor or mask to a protest. No side now or forever would have any kind of moral high ground to stand on when it comes to violence with weapons. Furthermore, any time a protester or anti-protester throws a punch, that person needs to go to prison, and anyone that helps that person resist arrest also needs prison time.

I am totally cool with throwing violent Nazis and commies in the slammer by the hundreds if necessary. I will go full left wing big government on this one. Give me the police state in this circumstance.
    Yeah, well we agree on something, because frankly I am kind of sick of a lot of this insane shit. People acting without thinking and then crying for someone to get them out. These are supposed to be fully functioning adults. Obviously that isn't the case.

I mean hey sometimes people want to take the hill, I get it, but there are cost for everything we do, fair or not. And soo often it is too many people writing checks other people have to make good on. This is also why I choose organization over chaos.

What is there to understand about Nazis supporting genocide? Why would anyone want to be willing to understand that?
    You're a Nazi for disagreeing with my opinions. I'm calling your workplace, family, and any friends you have and telling them you're a Nazi. Good luck working.

[Infracted]
    Last edited by Endus; 2017-08-27 at 05:36 AM.

What is there to understand about Nazis supporting genocide? Why would anyone want to be willing to understand that?
    They don't want genocide they want to balkanize America so they can have a white ethno state. Try to stay up to date on the conversation.

Maybe that a large number of those you call 'Nazi' neither want nor support genocide? What part of 'strawman' did you not understand?
    Unreason and anti-intellectualism abominate thought. Thinking implies disagreement; and disagreement implies nonconformity; and nonconformity implies heresy; and heresy implies disloyalty — so, obviously, thinking must be stopped. But shouting is not a substitute for thinking and reason is not the subversion but the salvation of freedom. - Adlai Stevenson

Quote Originally Posted by lewdest View Post
    He was defending someone, but I guess all states can't have good laws like Texas. Also, you would be right if he fired the shot into the air, but he didn't. He shot the bullet into the dirt, which has a much lower chance of causing anyone harm. I'd say the lunatic spraying an aerosol can into a crowd and lighting it on fire with clear intent on causing harm is more dangerous than shooting a bullet into the dirt.
    It doesn't matter where he fired it. In the ground, in the air, into himself. Doesn't matter. He discharged his weapon, in a public space, within 1000 feet of a school. That's a class 4 felony.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Livnthedream View Post
    Maybe that a large number of those you call 'Nazi' neither want nor support genocide? What part of 'strawman' did you not understand?
    If you attend a rally organized by neo-nazis and the KKK, in support of them, you're a trash human being.

Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    So there was no Good Guy with a GunTM around to stop him from shooting into the crowd?
    A thousand highly trained militia are deployed with assault weapons and a quarter-million rounds of ammo literally within yards of the incident, and not one of them was able to stop a lone terrorist from shooting into a crowd and walking away. After that display of our civil defense capabilities, the Russians and Chinese are probably dropping paratroopers over the Carolinas right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripster42 View Post
    It doesn't matter where he fired it. In the ground, in the air, into himself. Doesn't matter. He discharged his weapon, in a public space, within 1000 feet of a school. That's a class 4 felony.

- - - Updated - - -

If you attend a rally organized by neo-nazis and the KKK, in support of them, you're a trash human being.
    I agree completely about the class 4 felony point. However, spreading lies and half truths about the group you hate in a fit of emotion helps nothing but your own smug sense of self satisfaction and the recruitment numbers of the alt-right.