Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    They could have changed the spell visuals to be shadowy or physical like Vampiric Embrace or Shield Slam - but they didn't. For both.
    They could have given them shadowy icons - Death Knight icons - but they didn't. For both.
    They could have made them do Shadow healing or Shadow damage, but they didn't. For both.
    Someone somewhere intended for these Undead to use not just one holy spell in spell effect, and icon, and magic properties -- but TWO of them.

If a mage yells, "Fireball!" and hurls an icy-looking spell, that has frost icons, and deals frost damage, and then yells, "Ice Barrier!" And summons an icy-looking barrier, with a frost icon, which turns us blue and slows us when we attack it, are we supposed to just say: "Y'know, he said Fireball the first time... I'm convinced!"

Anecdote aside, if it's okay for Zeliek, the Scarlet Crusade, and random undead Scoruge NPCs to use The Light because they're insane, why not players?
    You can't say it's because players can't be insane, because players can be Shadow Priests, who literally wield a mechanic called Insanity. The first Paladins were trained by Uther the Lightbringer, straight out of Lordaeron. The most devout and powerful paladins fell there. I have trouble believing some no-name Scarlet Crusade zealots have more faith than those that trained under Uther the Lightbringer.
    Zeliek and the scarlets are being mind controlled by an outside force.
    does not help your case.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just because they're stealth it doesn't mean they're rogues. They're too fat/big, that wouldn't make sense.
    You are correct on the stealth part. But being big or fat doesn't mean they can't be rogues. I would complain more on the hooves though.
    Just look at dwarves - they're fat;
    Orcs - they're bulky and big, doesn't mean they can't be silent and stealthy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    Agreed. Should have been Gnome Paladins, trained by Dwarves.
    What's wrong with Priest Gnomes trained by Dwarves?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    yes it does mean excactly that.
    So, you are telling me that anyone who can drink an invis potion is a rogue.
    Or any N'elf is a rogue despite the class because of Shadowmeld.
    Are Druids rogues too?

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Class-Race restrictions are more cultural then magical/biological restrictions.
    I can just feel the cultural influence of Monks, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters everywhere.

Only elf DHs because Illidan is racist. That's cultural. Sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    Ye fergot te mention all th' Taurrrrrren pirates. Y'arr.
    Last edited by Lumineus; 2017-08-27 at 03:12 AM.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Zeliek and the scarlets are being mind controlled by an outside force.
    does not help your case.
    Zeliek retains control of his mind. (He warns players to run away.) Only his body is under coercion. (He fights players.)

The Scarlets of Stratholme are not under direct mind-control (when you reveal Nethrezim influence, the Nathrezim have to flee) but they are being deceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Humans don't seem to like messing with the Elements and nature magic, yet they can since in the Worgen starting zone the player can pratice Druidism before turning into a Worgen.
    Not exactly. It's a cultural belief that's more ancient among humans from the Vrykul, who definitely have druids and shamans. In Arathi Highlands there are several ancient Stonehenge-like formations that have elementals summoned. It's a practice that has mostly fallen out of style, and for quite a while since Arathor has been broken apart for a long, long time. But, we still see quite a few human shamans among the Twilight's Hammer today. There are tons in Mount Hyjal and Deepholm summoning/binding elementals, as well as using elemental schools of magic. There are also people like Highlord Demitrian that revere/work for strong elementals - though he may not be only a shaman, as he also uses warlock abilities. Humans definitely have a history of shamanism and druidism, which fits with their heritage and their connection to the Titans.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    Not exactly. It's a cultural belief that's more ancient among humans from the Vrykul, who definitely have druids and shamans. In Arathi Highlands there are several ancient Stonehenge-like formations that have elementals summoned. It's a practice that has mostly fallen out of style, and for quite a while since Arathor has been broken apart for a long, long time. But, we still see quite a few human shamans among the Twilight's Hammer today. There are tons in Mount Hyjal and Deepholm summoning/binding elementals, as well as using elemental schools of magic. There are also people like Highlord Demitrian that revere/work for strong elementals - though he may not be only a shaman, as he also uses warlock abilities. Humans definitely have a history of shamanism and druidism, which fits with their heritage and their connection to the Titans.
    The Alliance humans better placing, which are the ones that the Player has acess too.Like i said, they aren't forbid by some unknown force, its just that the Alliance Humans in general don't want to get involved with these magics, the same way Orcs can't be Priests even if there are countless sources of Holy magic they could worship, its not in Orc culture, they worship the elements instead.

Shure, they can form a new cult in the future like the Sunwalkers or the Blood Knights, but thats possible new lore and everything is possible.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    I can just feel the cultural influence of Monks, Death Knights, and Demon Hunters everywhere.
    Dks and Dh are more specific.Their restrictions are time and situtation, there weren't many Pandas during Artha's reign and Illidan choose Ne and Be to be trained for some reason.

Monks i have no idea, so /shrug

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Just because they're stealth it doesn't mean they're rogues. They're too fat/big, that wouldn't make sense.
    Grimtotem tauren have rogues. So do satyr who can be big and also have hoofs.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by GenericDragon View Post
    I don't know. I feel like anything that is capable of harnessing other forms of magic is also capable of harnessing druidic magic, if given the chance and the ability to learn. Druid race locks are more because of the extra work needed for them (eq. forms) to become a thing, I think.

Edit: Not that most of the race would bother to learn druidic magic (blood elves, undead). I do think we should eventually see pandaren druids, though.
    Druids were taught druidism by Cenarius and other nature spirits. The night elves from the beginning. The tauren knew it, forgot it, and were re-taught it in modern times. The loa taught the trolls how to do it. And the worgen curse is straight out of the Emerald Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Naralix View Post
    Draenei Rogue:

Draenei Rogues were featured extensively during WoD with the Rangari aswell as some NPC's like the Draenei in the sub rogue artifact quest in Legion.
    Pretty sure Rangari are supposed to be hunters (rangers). Vazuun from the Sub quest is a) an Eredar, and while he's a shady character, I can't really remember if he really qualifies, mechanically as a "rogue."

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Mishka is a draenei rogue in the Jade Forest/Krasarang/early Stormheim campaign

https://wow.gamepedia.com/Mishka
    I mean, maybe she's "technically" a rogue because she's in SI7, but she functions almost exclusively as a medic, and doesn't seem to do much that is particularly "rogue"-ish

Quote Originally Posted by Gestopft View Post
    Pretty sure Rangari are supposed to be hunters (rangers). Vazuun from the Sub quest is a) an Eredar, and while he's a shady character, I can't really remember if he really qualifies, mechanically as a "rogue."

I mean, maybe she's "technically" a rogue because she's in SI7, but she functions almost exclusively as a medic, and doesn't seem to do much that is particularly "rogue"-ish
    The Rangari are technically rangers or scouts. Many of them use bows, swords, and daggers at different times - one uses a spear. Rangari Erdanii is labeled as a rogue as a follower, but at times in quests she uses a bow. As such, Rangari could be considered hunters or rogues, but mostly somewhere in-between. We see them use stealth, and they're certainly spies for the Draenei, but they also act like members of the Unseen Path, who are of course hunters.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

You have to have a big heart to be a warrior. Gnome hearts are small. Remove Gnomes from the warrior class!

Nelf Paladins are coming for sure. We get two in the paladin campaign, and they've existed in the past (war of the ancients). I feel like those followers are the hints and inroads into the Silver Hand accepting Nelves as a whole.

Me and my wife have only been waiting almost 13 years for that!

Would leonid barthalomew the revered be considered paladin or warrior? I'd always assumed he was some kind of undead pally but I could be wrong. The light burns the undead, but wouldn't that make an undead paladin even more virtuous and strong? They're literally punishing themselves with their abilities but a paladin is stronger with her faith, so that's a hell of a lot of faith to put yourself through that kind of pain.

You could easily find or make up a lore reason for any race class combination. I never thought I'd accept Nelf mages but the explanation they used worked well for me. They could even do something similar to give us Draenei warlocks, after Argus. (the RP potential would be amazing)

Quote Originally Posted by SniperCT View Post
    Would leonid barthalomew the revered be considered paladin or warrior? I'd always assumed he was some kind of undead pally but I could be wrong. The light burns the undead, but wouldn't that make an undead paladin even more virtuous and strong? They're literally punishing themselves with their abilities but a paladin is stronger with her faith, so that's a hell of a lot of faith to put yourself through that kind of pain.
    He's a warrior.

Female night elf druids.
    Male night elf priests.

"Prior to the conclusion of the Third War, night elf society was sharply divided by gender, with the vast majority of men being druids and most women serving as warriors, priestesses, or a combination thereof. These gender roles more or less defined the culture of the Kaldorei for ten thousand years. Many years ago, the two genders were even forbidden to take the opposite role. When this was finally lifted, it was a tremendous and tumultuous societal change, with a pair of statues created to commemorate the first male priest and the first female druid."
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ondray View Post
    Haha i have pandaren rogue and i must laugh Rip Chris Farley..

Anyway those who argue about draenei rogues, dont you remember Mishka? From MoP?
    Yeah, and Draenor. There are no solid reason why these Race/Class combos are still locked. The only difference between a Man'ari warlock and a Draenei lock would be the red skin. If we learned ANYTHING from Velen in this expac, it's that even those born into the light can willingly move into the darkness. Rakeesh is proof of that.

Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post

Druids were taught druidism by Cenarius and other nature spirits. The night elves from the beginning. The tauren knew it, forgot it, and were re-taught it in modern times. The loa taught the trolls how to do it. And the worgen curse is straight out of the Emerald Dream.
    Precisely my point. It can be taught to other races. Especially now that Cenarius is back in action and has been working with others against the Legion after his nightmare affliction was cured. I've no doubt that, for example, pandaren could learn druidism from nature spirits or the Night Elves/Tauren and their teachers.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vankelmir View Post
    "There's no reason for class restrictions"
    How about flavor and identity and lore?
    Why don't you guys just bugger off to wherever you came from? Cause clearly you're not interested in RPGs.
    Why can't you please just play League of Legends and leave this poor mess of a game alone so it could have hope of becoming decent again sometime in the future?
    Flavor, identity and lore can all be accomplished very easily for damn near any race and class combination. People say that Blizzard pulled tauren paladins out of their arse, but really... would people have complained as heavily if they had altered spell effects/names to make them more druidic, but still functioned like a paladin in game? I really doubt it.

Also, 'clearly you're not interested in RPGs' is kind of... a really poor excuse for thinking certain race/class combinations should be locked. Let's look at table-top RPGs. Most of those don't really have race/class restrictions. It's up to the players and GM to supply the flavor and identity. That's also kind of the point of an RPG, really. To roleplay. What if I want to roleplay as a draenei rogue, a rangari that decided to follow the Alliance back to Azeroth because they were dissatisfied with their life? Or maybe because they felt indebted to another and went back with them? Or... any other number of reasons a draenei rogue could be running around Azeroth. The same thing could be applied to literally any other race/class combination.

being a druid requires a connection to the emerald dream
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bjoramier of Lordaeron View Post
    Why can't people understand rangari are HUNTERS not rogues.
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Rangari_Erdanii

Character Class Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    But she wears mail and have a bow. She's a fake rogue.