Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I'm a born and bred Oregon fan, from Eugene, so my UW hatred was strong. But since moving to WA state I've definitely become more of a fan of the whole conference doing well, including UW, and then a recent hospitalization of one of my kids at UW Childrens sealed the deal. I don't care if it doesn't make sense - I'm now a UW fan, too.

And Oregon ruled the roost for almost two full decades, but UW is coming out VERY strong this year. No one realizes it because college football is biased towards anything east of the Mississippi, and if forced, will drop USC's name just to be "fair".

The real problem is that when Oregon returns to glory, UW will still be there, and they won't be able to play for the Pac-12 title, because some idiot thought it would be cute to put them in the same sub-conference.
    Jeezus a UW and Oregon fan .... I didnt think physics allowed such a thing to exist.

UW will get a strong start with an easy early stretch. But historically after a top 5 finish and strong early season, the UW trips up against an underperforming UCLA team late season. Oh hey UCLA on Oct.28 ... fucking PAC12 schedulers...

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Slacker76 View Post
    Jeezus a UW and Oregon fan .... I didnt think physics allowed such a thing to exist.

UW will get a strong start with an easy early stretch. But historically after a top 5 finish and strong early season, the UW trips up against an underperforming UCLA team late season. Oh hey UCLA on Oct.28 ... fucking PAC12 schedulers...
    I take a lot of meds to keep the balance.

And yeah, even the best UW team has stumbled in the past and wrecked an otherwise perfect season. Lol re schedulers.

I think Oregon will be lucky to see a bowl game this year - unless all the new stuff magically works right out of the gate. Maybe 7-4 at best. We'll lose to UW, USC, Stanford, and one other as-yet-to-be-determined. Probably an AZ team though. Maybe UCLA.

I thought Oregon would be fine with Adam's, since he did win the D2 Heisman, but there were other leaks on that squad and it just never came together. Never been high on Freeman, not sure why. Hoping to see the Ducks fly again under Coach Tag.

And oddly, never really had a ton of hate for UW, even though they cost us 2 MAJOR things. First was our record home winning streak when Napoleon Kaufmann wrecked us in 1994 and then in 2000 Marcus Tuilapoloso (sp lol) beat us with Santana Moss fumbling like 3 god damn times in a battle of early season heisman candidates.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.

10+ Year Old Account
    No one posted it yet, but first AP poll was released. Top 25:

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm confused how Texas is ranked at all lol. Herman hype I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    Florida is 17 and they still don't know who their quarterback is.

Bama won't be number one very long this year. Calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    I'm so nervous about playing Iowa in Iowa City. Definition of a trap game.

Apologies if this isn't quite the correct thread, but how do you guy see Baker Mayfield as an NFL prospect? He's done well for himself but you never hear people really go crazy for him as an NFL player.
    Iowa is replacing their QB and lost nearly every scholarship WR they had, in addition they're replacing two corners who are now in the NFL. The good news for Iowa is that they do have some talent on the defensive side of the ball, and their secondary should still be pretty good despite losing both corners. However, I expect this game to play out like nearly every Ohio State game I can remember, where Iowa is down 20 points early and Iowa ends up losing a soul crushing defeat.

Iowa has only beat Ohio State 3 times in my lifetime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hey my team played today (BYU). Went to the game and almost died of heat exhaustion.

It was a very boring game but I'm hoping they were just leaving things out of their game in preparation for LSU next week. Gonna need all the help they can get.

Went to the Stanford vs Rice game

Stanford where sooo good..reckon they will have a big chance this year.

They beat Rice 64-7

Chryst has arisen as Stanfords quarterback.. Keller Christ that is.

My first American football game.. Lots of Kiss Cams & Dance Cams with a chance to win a trip to the USA.

Lots of people dressed in every NFL top available..

$25 for 2 Footlong "American Hotdogs" & $9 beers.. quite expensive.

That Rice cannon freaked me out a few times.

A crowd of about 25,000 attended the Sydney cup this year
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-08-27 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Went to the Stanford vs Rice game

Stanford where sooo good..reckon they will have a big chance this year.

They beat Rice 64-7

Chryst has arisen as Stanfords quarterback.. Keller Christ that is.

My first American football game.. Lots of Kiss Cams & Dance Cams with a chance to win a trip to the USA.

Lots of people dressed in every NFL top available..

$25 for Footlong "American Hotdogs" & $9 beers.. quite expensive.

That Rice cannon freaked me out a few times.

A crowd of about 25,000 attended the Sydney cup this year
    I don't understand why they wouldn't try to schedule a more competitive game, assuming they're actually trying to create a fanbase in Australia. I guess fans got to see a lot of TDs tho.

Also, Stanford is a solid team, but that win says more about how awful Rice is than how good Stanford is; I don't expect them to win their division of the Pac10, much less the conference championship.

Still not at all buying Ohio State at #2. Guess we'll learn a lot from the Oklahoma game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Bama won't be number one very long this year. Calling it.
    I hope you're right. I'm sure they'll make the playoff regardless tho unless they get embarassed or drop 2 games, so it really won't matter.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-08-27 at 07:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    I don't understand why they wouldn't try to schedule a more competitive game, assuming they're actually trying to create a fanbase in Australia. I guess fans got to see a lot of TDs tho.

Also, Stanford is a solid team, but that win says more about how awful Rice is than how good Stanford is; I don't expect them to win their division of the Pac10, much less the conference championship.

Still not at all buying Ohio State at #2. Guess we'll learn a lot from the Oklahoma game.
    Last year the the Sydney Cup was between the University of Hawaii v University of California .
    And yes it was much closer..

Did see lots of very good Stanford Touchdowns though
    Last edited by Blobfish; 2017-08-27 at 08:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aussiedude View Post
    Last year the the Sydney Cup was between the University of Hawaii v University of California .
    And yes it was much closer..

Did see lots of very good Stanford Touchdowns though
    Hey, as long as the fans had a good time, that's what matters. =) Glad you got to see an entertaining game! Prolly a lot of fun for the players to get a free trip to Australia too; I wonder how long they get to stay and what all they get to see/do while they're there. Always wanted to visit Australia and New Zealand myself but haven't had the chance yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Welp, that's nine Gators suspended for the opener against Michigan https://twitter.com/APMarkLong/statu...74265414311936

lol couldn't happen to a better team lmao lmao, well... I guess Ohio and Notre Dame, but Ohio has given us fun stuff, include the most recent Zeke Elliott scandal. Weak sauce, but i'll take it.

Pokes tonight, got an appointment with a hot big titted 18 year old to watch the game with. Oklahoma St should probably put up 200 - 225 points tonight.

Ha! Ohio State being embarrassed already by the shit circus that is Indiana U. So much for our championship aspirations! =)

EDIT: Guess they l2p'd a bit. Can't have a start like that against OK tho.
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-09-01 at 03:25 AM.

Decent enough start for Oklahoma State. Tulsa was suppose to put up a fight and only managed 3 meh TDs. Mccleskey fucked up a punt return hard. Strip sack fumble return and then garbage time short yardage break out. All the while Rudolph playing madden with those fools.

10+ Year Old Account
    ewww, Texas v Maryland is at 11am.

hate 11am games unless Im attending.

Also seems OSU finally kicked their asses into gear 4th quarter

10+ Year Old Account
    Ha. Navy/FAU got delayed twice and ended super late. Could have ended earlier if Lane Kiffin agreed to let it end, but as the usual fuckhead he is, went against it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Minute in, we recover an INT for a TD. Dis gonna be Gud

10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, controversy on the very first play. Taking forever to determine whether a hit was targeting or not.