10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    The Jets are going to be HISTORICALLY bad, you can just feel it coming. It's going to be Hackenberg or McCown or Bryce Petty under center for them, that's just horrifying. I bet that whole team checks out mentally before it's even October.
    The Rams are gonna compete for that title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man Matt Ryan 4-11 and got picked. Not the greatest showing. Little concerning but hold my judgements until regular season begins.

10+ Year Old Account
    Raiders at Cowboys has been fairly interesting. I think the fair way to say it is that the Cowboys offense looks exceptional again and the Cowboys defense pretty problematic. Raiders look not quite as good as the Cowboys on offense and not quite as bad on defense.

Going to be a fun match up in the regular season.

10+ Year Old Account
    Charles looks good. Almost scared when he went to the trainer's tent but it was just to check for a concussion.

- - - Updated - - -

Kyle Sloter looks halfway decent.
    Ohio State Buckeye

Obnoxious Patriots Fan Darth Belichick's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember who to credit, but I read somewhere that Edelman is such bros with Brady that he took the Madden Curse for him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Woohoo preseason victories
    Ohio State Buckeye

Siemian bounced back from a not very good start. Hopefully Henderson doesn't have fumbling issues, because he has been really good all preseason. If Charles can stay healty, that trio will be a really solid backfield.

Kyle Sloter probably has played himself off the practice squad at this point. He has had no reps with the 2s, wasn't even supposed to play today and played decent. If they don't change their minds about only keeping 2 QBs, Sloter should get picked up somewhere as a 3.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sloter might be on the practice squad if he makes it through waivers. Guess that means no room for Kelly, unless he gets placed on IR. Or maybe they stick with Kelly anyway.
    Ohio State Buckeye

10+ Year Old Account
    I was at work so couldn't watch any games, but holy crap, there better not be any question at this point who the backup in Dallas is after today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Saints defense has been strong in the pre-season, they could use the confidence boost.

Kinda torn about the Edelman thing. As a Bills fan, I'm glad to see the Pats lose a major weapon (not to say I'm glad to see any athlete get hurt, although I wasn't shedding any tears when that jackass OBJ got wrecked last week), but as the fantasy owner of Tom Brady it kind of sucks.

Going to be interesting to see how the Bills' season plays out. I have zero confidence in the offense, especially after the Watkins trade. I haven't really kept up with any of the offseason moves and I know nothing about the new coach so I guess I have some catching up to do. I'll just do what I do every season when I watch them: resign myself to 6-10 or 7-9 and enjoy the few wins that we do get.

EDIT: I head over to Yahoo sports just in time to see that Tyrod Taylor got a concussion and Marcel Darius was sent home for violating team rules. Let the fun begin!
    Last edited by Xargoth6634; 2017-08-27 at 08:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by thesib View Post
    Kinda torn about the Edelman thing. As a Bills fan, I'm glad to see the Pats lose a major weapon (not to say I'm glad to see any athlete get hurt, although I wasn't shedding any tears when that jackass OBJ got wrecked last week), but as the fantasy owner of Tom Brady it kind of sucks.

Going to be interesting to see how the Bills' season plays out. I have zero confidence in the offense, especially after the Watkins trade. I haven't really kept up with any of the offseason moves and I know nothing about the new coach so I guess I have some catching up to do. I'll just do what I do every season when I watch them: resign myself to 6-10 or 7-9 and enjoy the few wins that we do get.

EDIT: I head over to Yahoo sports just in time to see that Tyrod Taylor got a concussion and Marcel Darius was sent home for violating team rules. Let the fun begin!
    As a Pat's fan, I'm not sure how y'all do it. We've been lucky with Kraft and BB, but y'all have eaten it hard
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaerys View Post
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren.

Quote Originally Posted by WskyDK View Post
    As a Pat's fan, I'm not sure how y'all do it. We've been lucky with Kraft and BB, but y'all have eaten it hard
    One of my friends (fellow Bills fan) jokingly said today that we're just waiting for Brady to be slightly over the hill and then we can pick him up like we did with Drew Bledsoe. I'm not holding my breath, and if we somehow did get that lucky, Brady'd start playing like Bledsoe did when he came here. =)

The frustrating thing about being a Bills fan is that we keep hitting the reset button, but not in any way that leads to any real future success. Our drafting has been awful, and between injuries and bad trades it feels like we're trying to plug holes in a sinking rowboat with any acquisitions. We always do just well enough to avoid getting a pick that'll let us score a franchise QB, too. I mean come on, what was the last QB we drafted that anyone REALLY thought would be the face of the franchise and actually bring success back to Buffalo? J.P. "roll right, throw to a Jet" Losman?

The only thing that makes being a Bills fan tolerable is that I get to watch Ohio State games the day before; Buckeye wins take a little of the sting out of Bills losses.

The more I read about the Bucs', the more I like them on paper. The offense looks pretty decent.

Quote Originally Posted by Norganon View Post
    Sloter might be on the practice squad if he makes it through waivers. Guess that means no room for Kelly, unless he gets placed on IR. Or maybe they stick with Kelly anyway.
    Kelly will end up on IR. He is still on the PuP list, so it makes sense to just red shirt him. I think that was the plan when he was drafted at least. If Sloter doesn't play poorly next week, I don't think he would make it through waivers. Too many teams keep 3 QBs for one of them to not at least take a chance on him.

Plus side of only 2 QBs might be seeing Riley Dixon play QB if they both get hurt.

10+ Year Old Account
    DE Kony Ealy claimed on waivers by the Jets. I knew he'd end up on a team that has a history of hating the Patriots. Always happens when we let more high profile guys walk.

Sucks to be him, cause the Jets are going to be aweful and he's unlikely to make any difference in that.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and in other news: I kind of like the Bears. They won't make the playoffs, but they'll upset some teams this season I think. Looked decent against a Titans squad that has potential.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Redskins game pretty much shows why Mixon should be starter week 1

- - - Updated - - -

and after that Mixon fumbles.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pick six by Vontaze Burfict.

If i'm cincy's front office I extend Tex and let Eifert walk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Redskins game pretty much shows why Mixon should be starter week 1

- - - Updated - - -

and after that Mixon fumbles.

- - - Updated - - -

Great pick six by Vontaze Burfict.

If i'm cincy's front office I extend Tex and let Eifert walk.
    Washington took some time to get going, but they eventually warmed up. Fun game so far.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Washington took some time to get going, but they eventually warmed up. Fun game so far.
    Yeah.

Offensive line had held up okay. Ogbooty isn't a whitworh, but he might be serviceable.

Oh, and in other news: I kind of like the Bears. They won't make the playoffs, but they'll upset some teams this season I think. Looked decent against a Titans squad that has potential.
    The issue for the Bears last year was mainly in getting everyone healthy. They played a lot of tight games and had a fairly decent defense. This is considering the Bears were are one point starting 3rd stringers because their injuries were so extraordinary last season.

The Bears is interior is solid. Special teams, ehhh. Offense is WiP. Especially after their #1 WR just went down today.

That said, I think the Bears are a much better football team than anyone gives them credit for- which is warranted to some extent. But Howard was not that far behind Zeke last year and the latter played more.

Saheen? I don't know how he spells it, but that kid looks great for coming out of a gimmicky Div II system and small college.

The trade for Trubiski looks like genius in the light of the Browns/9ers drafting. Even if both made out holding a lot of blue chip players in the draft. Paying most of Glennon's money this year? Shrewd, Mr. Pace, very shrewd.