Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    The upcoming idle animation looks a bit weird with the one leg constantly up in the air.

Sort of like a flamingo bird...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I guess if the patch is next week, Disc is going to remain half-finished compared to the other two. PotDS still reverts Penance to the old animation even xD. Oh well, maybe we'll get more when they do Warlocks.

Had a final look again on the PTR on all specs. While everything new is amazing, it has to mentioned that if we are talking about "caster animation overhaul", then in that sense Priest is half-finished, period. Not to mention how pathetic it is that Shadowform got a nice new graphic and they took it away recently.

-Power Word: Shield, why is it still Vanilla? It was worse than the Mage barriers and they got changed, ours hasn't. Needless to say how that further destroys Shadow's visuals.
    -Shadow Mend/ Shadow Covenant still has the Shadowfiend mana regen graphic, why is that acceptable for a NEW skill?
    -Disc like Nurasu mentioned barely got anything and many of the spec's spells look Vanilla even if some of them are new.

Shadow's animations are amazing (at least those skills that changed that is), however the issue they haven't considered is that the animations bug with most races (yeah shoulders again), especially the male ones. I guess that's only going to be fixed once they actually update the races and we get customization so not every male looks like either flower boy (blood elf) or chibi (gnome/goblin) or Hulk (everything else).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Olomez View Post
    Those new animations have a very fresh look, loving it! But still no new PW:Shield animation...
    i hope they are working on spec specific pw:s for disc and shadow. kinda like how mages have it.

I wonder if they decided not to spend as much time on animations for specs (and just specific spells) that they plan to change a lot in the next xpac. If that's the case, must mean they are pretty happy with shadow and holy, but not so much with disc.

Why hasn't shields been updated? We're still using the same graphic since Vanilla, while Mages got a nice update and Paladins got shader effects on theirs... :|

Any spirit of redemption updates?

It's too bad they screwed up shadowform in the last couple patches. They had it AMAZING in early August. You were dark, shadowy, just a bit translucent. It looked so fantastic. And now...you're just purple.

Deleted
    Any idea what happened to the new floating animation (while levitating) ? My char used to float and lean towards where she was headed but as of recent ptr patches it came back to the old "stand still like a stick" levitation.

Seems weird.

Still hoping the change to shadowform is just a bug, it looks messy with the smoke and the bright purple glow around the eyes. It was great before it changed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyaer View Post
    Still hoping the change to shadowform is just a bug, it looks messy with the smoke and the bright purple glow around the eyes. It was great before it changed recently.
    We're like..two weeks from the patch? Doubt it'll change again before then. It's too bad, because as you say they nailed shadowform before the latest change...and now it's just awful. Voidform is cool, but shadowform is garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    We're like..two weeks from the patch? Doubt it'll change again before then. It's too bad, because as you say they nailed shadowform before the latest change...and now it's just awful. Voidform is cool, but shadowform is garbage.
    Try two days, not weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    The patch is released in 2 days lol

Homophobia is so gay.

Quote Originally Posted by Myzou View Post
    Try two days, not weeks.
    Ok, two days then. I don't know...I don't play WoW anymore. Just the ptr.

I was so sad that they changed shadowform again. The first update looked awesome. I think people probably whined that they couldn't see their transmog or something, ('cause it's not like there's a button to deactivate shadowform or anything)...
    The same thing with chain lightning and lightning bolt for shaman, they looked awesome but now they reverted them back because people whined.
    Artists spend their time and effort in amazing new things, and people crap on them because of nostalgia

I hope they are not done with priests. Discipline are very incomplete. Power word shield, shadow mend, Schism come to mind.
    Holy looks awesome.
    Shadow looks great too, but still missing a new shadow mend (and I'm also hoping for a dark shield and an update to shadow crash)

I absolutely despise the current Shadowform. The glyph doesn't do it for me either (and I prefer Shadowy Friends if possible).

Art by draken4o

Spriest is a bit much. Bright purple with weird farts of purple smoke blasting out of it every 2 seconds. I miss the original Spriest look. Just a shadow.

I do like the Shadowform's flying animation but the purpley ass color is absolutely terrible, and while the flash/blink when you enter Voidform is pretty cool the blue color of it is completely out of tone with everything else. It definitely needs more consistancy.

hate the new holy nova spell effect. it's impossible to tell how big it is.

A bit underwhelmed by Disc; the casting animation for Penance, Smite and Shadowmend are still the same, or such a small difference that I can't even notice. The new sounds and particle effects are nice, but outside of that I can't really see much of a difference.
    Last edited by anon5123; 2017-08-31 at 04:39 PM.