Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Would you like it if Alliance could group with Horde and vice-versa?

Every expansion it's the same "oh no theres an outside threat we have to team up against", lets band together in groups based on faction to take down the threat.

It's really gotten old at this point. There was one zone in Legion that focused on the Horde/Alliance faction war. And it lasted a total of 20 quests, the rest of the expansion is Alliance and Horde helping Alliance and Horde. (Well my Horde guy was mostly helping Alliance, I don't know how the other faction goes)

Why can't Alliance and Horde queue together for dungeons or Raids? Why can't we talk to each other even though the Lore characters can hurl insults at each other?

I understand the faction split for PVP zones/instances. But outside of that, the actual warfare between Alliance and Horde is non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post
    Every expansion it's the same "oh no theres an outside threat we have to team up against", lets band together in groups based on faction to take down the threat.

It's really gotten old at this point. There was one zone in Legion that focused on the Horde/Alliance faction war. And it lasted a total of 20 quests, the rest of the expansion is Alliance and Horde helping Alliance and Horde. (Well my Horde guy was mostly helping Alliance, I don't know how the other faction goes)

Why can't Alliance and Horde queue together for dungeons or Raids? Why can't we talk to each other even though the Lore characters can hurl insults at each other?

I understand the faction split for PVP zones/instances. But outside of that, the actual warfare between Alliance and Horde is non-existent.
    No, this would be throwing out the core theme of the Warcraft franchise and that is Alliance-Horde faction conflict. The two factions helping each other against very large threats such as the Legion does not mean they are buddy-buddy.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

LFD, LFR and LFG should be cross faction

We already have cross-faction PvP, technically.

I'm torn on if battle.net friends could join parties together cross faction or not.

But those top three things should be cross faction at this point. I mean with Legion our characters work with NPC from both factions, why not with PCs? Make it a PvE server only thing.

Because the devs believe it is a core aspect of the game.
    But really, where we're at now, there's much bigger problems out there now.
    Like Wrathion and others were saying: A world divided cannot stand.

Honestly, I think it should be a thing when/where it's appropriate.

I wish I didn't have to adhere to faction rules myself, I've always envisioned my Undead Rogue as neutral. She'd help anyone in trouble, regardless of faction and work with whoever/whenever for the right price/reason, without any issues.

But I think sooner or later, something should unite them and form an uneasy but lasting truce.

At this point in the storyline, the people in the Class Halls have shown they can work together much better than the actual factions. Heck, the Paladins and Priest Orders showed they could help each other out fairly easily.

The next step should be for the Order Halls to say "screw your politics, you're holding us back" and keep an air of independence. The last thing they need to do in the next expansion is have us back to "hurr durr, faction war pt. whatever".

I could care less about factions. I just like playing my favorite races regardless of faction.

I think there needs to be the ability to work cross-faction in all forms of group play.

People will say this is removing the central conflict between Horde and Alliance, but I disagree. I feel that the status quo we have right now is not very realistic. It's suggesting there is no ability to dissent or defect from one faction to the other. Similarly, it's suggesting that all the class halls and factions where you have Horde races standing side by side and helping Alliance races are not making strides in bringing individual characters/people together.

None of that really precludes having PVP via BGs, World PVP, Ashran style stuff. Two factions can still be working towards different goals, and even fight over resources, locations, or even over grievances, all while individual citizens can find value and friendship in that cross faction.

To put it another way, it's perfectly valid to have an orc as a friend and comrade-in-arms, but that doesn't necessarily mean either of you agree with the leadership of their Warchief du jour, nor does it necessarily mean that orc can wander into Stormwind and stay at the inn or use the bank. But not being able to communicate and work together on a smaller scale is just outdated imo.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strangewayes View Post

You know what could be really awesome?? Having an expansion or patch, where we actually join together for good. We get a new mixed banner, half horde and half alliance, and fight together under 1 or 2 leaders, who share power. It would be really cool and it would create a toss up with the status-que.

And to make it even better, lets have a patch/expansion, where everything just falls apart and we go back to our old ways We come together for reasons and we seperate for reasons. No matter what, it would create an interesting expansion, where battlegrounds are mixed up, where cities are open to everybody and orcs and humans fight along side each other on the battlefield wearing the same armor and fighting under the same banner.... Ofcourse there would be problems, because the cultural difference, but that is story that would come out through questing and it would engage the playerbase.

Ohh i can dream.... And i even though i know it would proberly be very hard to make work, i know Blizzard are way to scared to lose their precious alliance/horde faction war, even though they have not nurtered it for years.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

The easiest way to put us together would be to strand us by ourselves like they've repeatedly done in the past. This time though, don't recruit some neutral group to your cause. Don't miraculously find new forces.

Put those people together wherever and say "There aren't enough of you. You can't accomplish anything unless you team up. Would you like to work together and live or do you prefer to keep hating each other and get picked off one by one?.

I wouldn't mind. I'm pretty ambivalent on it actually.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

I was always annoyed by it, especially my nelf rogue being inducted into (or assumed as a member of) the alliance military. I always envisioned him as a mercenary. Do what I want, for who I want, when I want.

The same goes for my Demon Hunter, especially so. I shouldn't be subjected to those restrictions because I'm not particularly beholden to either faction.

The faction idea died ages ago when we started fighting the Lich King. Since then it's been forced and idiotic but that's to be expected from Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilist74 View Post
    I could care less about factions. I just like playing my favorite races regardless of faction.
    Agreed, I like to pick my char's race for the looks of it and maybe a bit of lore / thematic too (but mostly looks), unfortunately my favourite race is alliance and majority of raider community is horde. Very annoying. Can't count how many times some friends of mine transferred to another server and went horde because most thriving raiding communities are there, and then I can no longer play with them, group for dungeons or basically any other content. If they're on another server, I still can play with them in most situations. If they change faction, RIP.

They will be forced to do that in the future to reduce queue times but right now they still have the regional server merges that covers them

Yeah, I'd dig it. These days the faction conflict only barely retains any relevance because it allows the devs to be lazy.

I think the faction war should be a thing happening in the foreground always, but our characters having saved the world and transcended petty politics should be removed from being forced to be a part of it.

I help Alliance all the time. In fact, half of the Alliance's leaders probably owe their lives to me, so why the hell after saving the world 6 times some random human hunk in a stormwind tabard wants to run over to me slapping me with a sword yelling "for the alliance hurr"??

I hate how we're essentially draftees in the war yet we're treated like gods and kings in neutral areas. Can't wait to go slaughter the friends and families of all the fellow priests who looked up to me next expac :/

I don't know. I don't think I would like it. There is no denying the game has changed considerably over the years, with most people playing both sides of the fence. They tried fanning the flames in MoP with the "war between factions" but I don't think anyone really noticed. But, it would be such a big change that I don't think would benefit the game in the long run.

PvP already has a mercenary mode that people seem to not care about.
    As long as PvE merc mode is just as unnoticeable it'd probably be fine.

Personally though? Don't care.
    Unless it was baked into all queuing I don't think I'd use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    I don't know. I don't think I would like it. There is no denying the game has changed considerably over the years, with most people playing both sides of the fence. They tried fanning the flames in MoP with the "war between factions" but I don't think anyone really noticed. But, it would be such a big change that I don't think would benefit the game in the long run.
    Since it's just an hinderance, why would it not benefit people in the long run? All it does is let people play what they want with whoever they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeilon View Post
    Since it's just an hinderance, why would it not benefit people in the long run? All it does is let people play what they want with whoever they want.
    Splitting the entire palyerbase in half and pitting them against each other might be one of the fundamental aspects of WoW for all I know. Take that away and who knows what happens.