Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    You know, it's justifying political violence like this that's going to get Trump a second term or hopefully whatever better alternative the GOP can find elected.

Are you so far gone that you think beatings are now examples of free speech?
    No I don't care about Trump or anybody who voted for him. Nothing and I'm done entertaining your bullshit.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    As opposed to the alt-left who like to shoot conservatives at baseball games.
    If you shoot a powerful man on the "enemy's side", it's a political assassination. A sort of a surgical strike to cripple them. This is indeed a wrong, and terrible incident, but it's not terror. He's crazy and found a violent solution to his problem, but there is little chance that this guy will target random people with the "wrong" political views and go on a killing spree. The guy with the car, just hates everyone on the "enemy's side", and went berserk, with no thoughts on who he was killing. This guy is sociopathic, genocidal monster and is WAY out of the baseball-guy's league.

At any rate, the violence aside, the reactions of the right side has been appalling. It's not only the nazis that applaud or justify the action of the car-guy, even the president tried to make this sound like an unfortunate outcome of a fight between two equal, opposite factions. If the normal people, and especially high-profile leaders don't condemn the violence of the crazies on their sides, the political side seem like a bunch of inhuman barbarians.
    Mother pus bucket!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollhammer View Post
    Well that was quite an inane rant. True or False? In the videos linked are members of your so called "Counter protest" attacking people. Is political violence fine with you?
    No I think Nazis brought this on themselves. The protesters should get trained legal and arm themselves in defense.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    You know, it's justifying political violence like this that's going to get Trump a second term or hopefully whatever better alternative the GOP can find elected.

Are you so far gone that you think beatings are now examples of free speech?
    So you're claiming the buck stops with these counter-protestors, and not with the trump-supporting neo nazis and white supremacists that he tacitly bends over backwards avoid calling out directly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sulla View Post
    He doesn't have to believe that it's real. The other shoe is about to fall and Trump is going to unleash federal agents/law enforcement to deal with this menace.
    Are you really expecting some sort of appreciable action out of trump?

Adorable.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    It's just far left punching Nazis. Perfectly fine, nothing to see here.
    I love how you assume that these conservatives are all Nazis. Nice strawman you are trying to create there.

Also, fuck these fascist liberals, throw the lot of them in jail for a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    I love how you assume that these conservatives are all Nazis. Nice strawman you are trying to create there.

Also, fuck these fascist liberals, throw the lot of them in jail for a decade.
    "Fascist liberals"?
    Not all conservatives are nazies but all liberals are fascist, eh? Besides, I would guess these are way further towards the left than any liberal.

Some of you guys in here are just ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Freedom of speech is the cornerstone of liberal society and regressive SJW assholes are turning moderate left-wing people like me towards the right and that is not a good thing..
    Is the government going to censor you on this website? If not it's not a freedom of speech issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    So you're claiming the buck stops with these counter-protestors, and not with the trump-supporting neo nazis and white supremacists that he tacitly bends over backwards avoid calling out directly?
    What fucking Neo-Nazis? This was an Anti-Marxism rally. In California. You're justifying political violence in one of the most multicultural areas of the United States by pointing to white supremacists on the other side of the country. Not to mention Trump did call them out directly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    No I think Nazis brought this on themselves. The protesters should get trained legal and arm themselves in defense.
    ... you want this violence to escalate further? What is wrong with you?

Deleted
    "Say no to Marxism in America"!??? Last time i checked there isn't even 1 left political person in office in America, all governors are politically on the right side of things, let alone Marxists. Do these people also demonstrate against, idk, "No unicorns in America"??

On topic, yea it seems rather odd to have a demonstration "against hate" while they clearly hate someone or something, i do not think they know themselves on what that someone or something is. But i guess that is what you get when politics are mostly done with meme's and tweets these days. Things would turn out so much better if people actually discussed the topic at hand instead of pointing fingers while foaming at the mouth. I don't care what politics you prescribe to, all of them do this. People should learn to listen and understand what the other side is on about, often they do have a valid point, even if it comes out of their mouths horribly wrong, again this goes for all sides.

15+ Year Old Account
    Thugs, throw them in jail asap.
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

Quote Originally Posted by Attackrabbit View Post
    Is the government going to censor you on this website? If not it's not a freedom of speech issue.
    Freedom of speech a principle, one that has existed for thousands of years, it does not begin and end with the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by Torto View Post
    So much irony in one post. Seeing as you are the self described voice of the masses, let me make you a little more self aware.

Antifa and Neo-Nazis are two side of the same coin. Both are violent hate groups. Both groups are vile racists. Both groups call for totalitarian regimes and the removal of liberties. About the only difference between the two sides is one group wears masks and the other a uniform. If you support one group over the other, if you refuse to condemn them both, then you support them both.
    Wait, what groups are Antifa racist against?

Quote Originally Posted by MeHMeH View Post
    On topic, yea it seems rather odd to have a demonstration "against hate" while they clearly hate someone or something, i do not think they know themselves on what that someone or something is.
    You see, hating someone with violence is okay as long as they don't share your opinion.

"Say no to Marxism in America"!??? Last time i checked there isn't even 1 left political person in office in America, all governors are politically on the right side of things, let alone Marxists. Do these people also demonstrate against, idk, "No unicorns in America"??
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/2...y-this-sunday/

Per the organizer of the rally it seems to have been focused on Marxists in academia.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    You see, hating someone with violence is okay as long as they don't share your opinion.
    Is it? I'm pretty sure you got it mixed up, i thought it was okay to be violent against someone, but you can't hate them. /s

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    "Fascist liberals"?
    Not all conservatives are nazies but all liberals are fascist, eh? Besides, I would guess these are way further towards the left than any liberal.

Some of you guys in here are just ridiculous.
    It's an adjective. It's saying these people who claim to be liberals are behaving like fascists. Not that all liberals are fascists. In the same way that the phrase "red balls" says "these are balls that are red" not "all balls are red".

Quote Originally Posted by Alexeht View Post
    Marxism and communism were ideologies that would support censoring everything they didn't agreed with.
    There's nothing intrinsic to Marxism and communism that require or demand censorship.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    I've read some of the replies from Mormolyce and co.

Listen, it's not worth discussing things here with you. It never was. I'll get banned, you'll continue to post, and you'll think you're right because no one is replying to you any more.

That's how it works here. You either agree with the mod views or you get banned so those who do agree with the mods can keep discussing among themselves. It's a shitshow echo chamber like much of the internet has become.

We are reduced to shouting past each other between bans. There is no debate here because there are no different views.

That's why so many people have turned away from the left. That's why people are tired of political correctness, feminists, gender ideology and all that jazz.

There is no point in me discussing things with you. You're not open to different views and I'll be banned before we can get constructive discussion going.

That is why killing free speech is the death of discussion and conversation. That's why people like me will leave places like this, and change from being Obama-supporting, Hitchens/Dawkins-loving atheist liberals, to something else.
    "No-one takes me seriously in an internet gaming forum, best go become a Nazi then."

Freedom of speech a principle, one that has existed for thousands of years, it does not begin and end with the Constitution.
    Stupid fucking arguement is stupid. Freedom of speech does NOT mean that all speech is inherently equal, or that all ideas are worthy of consideration. Attempting to play that card is a ridiculous exercise in Moral relativism.

Are you entitled to the freedom to say whatever you want? Certainly. That does not, however, protect you from the consequences of saying something that the majority of sane people find abhorrent.

Not all ideas are equal. Not all trains of thought are worthy of consideration, and not all speech should be free. But go ahead, keep trying to argue that, from a purely "free speech" standpoint, "I like to eat icecream" and "I like to murder live puppies" are inherently worthy of equal consideration.

Having said that, it is up to society as a whole, to decide what constitutes speech that is grossly against common moral and ethical decency (and I hate to point this out, but anyone leaning towards the "nazis have the right idea" train of thought isn't likely to fall on the right side of that dividing line.)
    Last edited by Surfd; 2017-08-28 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted
    http://www.mercurynews.com/2017/08/2...y-this-sunday/

Per the organizer of the rally it seems to have been focused on Marxists in academia.
    And what exactly is Marxism in academia!? It isn't Marxist in structure, nor in values, there are some classes on it i suppose, but to say that these schools are "Marxist" is about as delusional as being against unicorns.

And what exactly is Marxism in academia!? It isn't Marxist in structure, nor in values, there are some classes on it i suppose, but to say that these schools are "Marxist" is about as delusional as being against unicorns.
    *shrug* I guess the concern is that teachers with communist leanings are teaching impressionable minds.
    Antifa has a strong link with communism and the two high profile arrests for Antifa violence in the bay area are teachers.