Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    Yeah, they should start now:

New data released by Canada's immigration office indicates only a slight year-over-year uptick in applications for Canadian citizenship in 2017.
    Only then will the permanent residency clock start moving — full citizenship will come roughly six years later.

http://www.businessinsider.com/trump...-canada-2017-7
    "Citizenship applications haven't risen, but even if there's a massive flood of immigration from the states, we wouldn't expect them to rise for another 6 years"

So your post is a pile of meaningless nonsense with no actual information.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ProfessorTjc View Post
    Way to turn on your country.
    I love my country, and i'm proud to be British.

I have no intention of shooting myself in the foot because some retards voted to leave the EU cos they don't like the darkies.

With all the terrible news lately its always nice to see a heart warming story like this.

London is essentially a 3rd world country right now and getting worse by the day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    London is essentially a 3rd world country right now and getting worse by the day.
    Yea i saw a shanty town near Canary Wharf, or it might of been a hispter coffee stand.

Quote Originally Posted by dd614 View Post
    lol while i haven't been to London in years, I'm guessing you have never been to a true 3rd world country? If i'm wrong and London is that bad wow that some serious media trickery going on.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    I moved out from the UK as of August last year. Unrelated to Brexit though, I moved in with my GF who is Dutch. However it did suck to see people vote massively in favour of leave. My father being one of them, it was his choice mind you and we had some debates on it.
    I hope you realize your dad voting for leave doesn't mean he hates the EU or hates your dutch GF. People like free movement within the EU but they also like being able to regulate it better, on their end, so when someone abuses the system they can correct it there on the spot, intead of waiting for Bruxelles to argue and legislate it 3 years later.

As an old guy I do remember how things were like 7 years ago when France was sending back gypsy romanians via planes, so they won't be in France anymore, commiting petty theft.

15+ Year Old Account
    My hope after the brexit is that the Touquet's deal will be renegociated and the border between france and england will be after the tunnel. So we can send them all the refugees that don't want to be in france and they can deal with it and pay themselves.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asaliah View Post
    My hope after the brexit is that the Touquet's deal will be renegociated and the border between france and england will be after the tunnel. So we can send them all the refugees that don't want to be in france and they can deal with it and pay themselves.
    Instead of being angry at the french officials who let set "refugees" into France, making your country worst. I swear sometimes politicians, officials and SJW are like the cool mom that will never say NO. You can say no to refugees that are not refugees and either imprison them or sent them away, depending on what crimes they commited to get into the country.

Quote Originally Posted by LeRoy View Post
    Way to start, you already hope your country fails.
    I don't give a shit about countries . They're nothing more than lands with tempoaray borders in which one government of king claimed as their own with their neighbour just waiting for a time to take more of what the next person has.. It's better that they merge over time so humanity (which I do care about) can move freely and interact more instead of being pawns in some game between governments and forced to stick within articial lines on the map.

Healthy economy for whom?
    Basically everyone, importers who make up most of the economy. People who go on holiday. Investors who like stability.

This appeal to feelings has zero value.
    Not feels logic. People shouldn't be forced to be stuck in one small corner of the world and should be allowed to freely interact with each other. The whole keeping people apart through power is the appeal to emotion. Letting them move around is logic

Being mature is overrated.
    Sticking to bad choices like Brexit is far from mature.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallisto View Post
    Basically everyone, importers who make up most of the economy. People who go on holiday. Investors who like stability.
    So everyone... except the workers.

Not feels logic. People shouldn't be forced to be stuck in one small corner of the world and should be allowed to freely interact with each other. The whole keeping people apart through power is the appeal to emotion. Letting them move around is logic
    It's your personal version of logic.
    Which isn't logic in the way the rest of the world sees it.

Sticking to bad choices like Brexit is far from mature.
    Thanks for your personal opinion nobody asked.

Quote Originally Posted by ForLoveOfMe View Post
    I hope you realize your dad voting for leave doesn't mean he hates the EU or hates your dutch GF. People like free movement within the EU but they also like being able to regulate it better, on their end, so when someone abuses the system they can correct it there on the spot, intead of waiting for Bruxelles to argue and legislate it 3 years later.

As an old guy I do remember how things were like 7 years ago when France was sending back gypsy romanians via planes, so they won't be in France anymore, commiting petty theft.
    Why would I think that? I was dissapointed with the way he voted but its his vote. We already have laws in place so people who are a burden on the host country can be sent back. Same as immigrants from outside the EU is down to the host country to deal with.

He now has changed his mind on brexit after seeing the fall out so far. He regrets voting that way, but its done so we just have to deal with it and hopefully get a deal that benefits everyone. Britain's got a huge rocky road to deal with as does the EU. Instability is not good for either group.

Deleted
    Do you think the workers will be better or worse off after Brexit?

This is such a non-issue. The article shows a 6.5% increase in emmigration according to the Office of National Statistics. Which increases emmigration ratio from 0.186% to 0.204%, relative to the population of the UK. This will effectively change nothing. Individual anecdotes have little effect for a country.

You mean the workers that buy petrol? You know that's now at 113per litre in some areas where if Brexit didn't happen it would be closer to 80-90p?
    Or the goods that have gone up in price because businesses transporting goods will refuse to take the hit. Therefore the workers have to pay higher for food, clothing, etc.
    As far as I am aware it's the workers that go on vacations not the non workers.

It's your personal version of logic.
    Which isn't logic in the way the rest of the world sees it.
    No mine is the logic that is the same as the logic that 2+2=4

Your logic and the delusional people that think like you are using the logic 2+2=566123897 and trying to force the rest of us that bothered to get an education to agree with that absurdity.

Deleted
    You mean the workers that buy petrol? You know that's now at 113per litre in some areas where if Brexit didn't happen it would be closer to 80-90p?
    Or the goods that have gone up in price because businesses transporting goods will refuse to take the hit. Therefore the workers have to pay higher for food, clothing, etc.
    As far as I am aware it's the workers that go on vacations not the non workers.
    Workers can't afford vacation lol.

No mine is the logic that is the same as the logic that 2+2=4

Your logic and the delusional people that think like you are using the logic 2+2=566123897 and trying to force the rest of us that bothered to get an education to agree with that absurdity.
    I get it, you're way too smarties for me.
    I'll stand back.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    They really cared about their country, it seems. It's a shame they were betrayed by that pesky thing called Democratic Voting.
    Democracy with no boundaries is retarded. The uneducated and old are easily manipulated.

There's a reason most of the pro-Brexit voters were old or lacked higher education.

If Romania suddenly decided to leave the EU I'd bail instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by pateuvasiliu View Post
    Democracy with no boundaries is retarded. The uneducated and old are easily manipulated.

There's a reason most of the pro-Brexit voters were old or lacked higher education.

If Romania suddenly decided to leave the EU I'd bail instantly.
    Who gets to decide which votes are worth taking into account and which votes are from easy manipulated people?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    Who gets to decide which votes are worth taking into account and which votes are from easy manipulated people?
    A test to ensure you have minimal knowledge of politics should be quite fine.

A really big chunk of the population votes with X because they were fed lies or because their friends do that too.

Workers can't afford vacation lol.
    Not sure where you're from but many people I know work 30-40 per week and take time off to go on vacation to places like the med or disney world in the US. And I don't live in an area full of high wage jobs.