Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The story does not need to be drek. It could be very inspirational and truly telling. At this point the Alliance/ Horde conflict is an inherited race war. It made some sense 20 years ago. Now... not so much. The PC's should be the driving force of this change. "We" have fought side by side during these conflicts. The bond of brothers in arms should start to prevail over the archaic politics of our leaders. Almost every racial leader knows and respects at least one of the leaders on the other side.

What I truly hope to see next expansion... tie up Old Gods, South Seas, Azshara, Lich King/ Scourge. During which the hold outs for peace (Sylvanas, Genn, Jaina) are either killed or have a change of heart. The following expansion I want a healing/ rebuilding expansion. During which the world is phased for high level play and you work across previous faction lines to offer aid. You (the PC) have been an adventure, a general conscript, a class leader wielding artifacts of incredible power, are now rebuilding the world. You could see it as being a mercenary or returning to the life as an adventurer. Though the other side may have heard of some of your deeds they do not know the breadth of your ability or compassion to aid those in need.

Now subduing Quillboars or Centaurs or Pygmies may seem like a step backwards but during these phased rebuilding events we could learn of other civilizations. Maybe other catastrophes that happened ages ago. More tomb delving like in Uldum... or archaeological discoveries. Or with the Sarganite Keystone we could even start helping rebuild other worlds. The possibilities could be endless.

Just a thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    No fucking way. The worst idea since democracy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    What I truly hope to see next expansion... tie up Old Gods, South Seas, Azshara, Lich King/ Scourge. During which the hold outs for peace (Sylvanas, Genn, Jaina) are either killed or have a change of heart. The following expansion I want a healing/ rebuilding expansion. During which the world is phased for high level play and you work across previous faction lines to offer aid.
    Totally disagree, if South Sea happens i actually hope the Horde will team up with the Zandalar and Alliance with Kúl'tiras and they will pull us back into a full blown faction war again. Pretty mutch done with the neutral peace crap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Radaney View Post
    No Horde characters in the invasion of Argus lul.

You'd think every lore character that can fight would be there.
    once a recovering addict, always a recovering addict
    we cant trust the orcs and the blood elves to not get some fel and turn on us again

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Corrupted Draenei? Alliance members going rogue....
    Or are you now talking about Eredar members of the Legion (those never where Draenei)
    eredar as just as much alliance as any random orc in wod was horde, your comparing race there the same race even if one group calls them self something different.

Well Horde still have Saurfang, only needs history develoment, idk if the end in lore Drek'thar still alive in Alterac Valley.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by piethepiegod View Post
    eredar as just as much alliance as any random orc in wod was horde, your comparing race there the same race even if one group calls them self something different.
    The problem is that the enemy Orcs in WoD where part of the Horde in our universe.
    If the plot would had been abit different they could easly been part of our Horde fighting on our side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    After all these Horde favored expansions, I am glad we're finally getting some Alliance focused love. Cata, Horde. MoP, Horde. WoD, Mega Horde.
    I don't mind that. Still, Jaina was all over the place in WoD, constantly getting on my nerves in Khadgar's tower and elsewhere, and when combatting Archimonde, we had both factions represented. I would expect the same on Argus.

I just wondering what is doing Sylvanas right now, im sure she is crying with her fandom about how old grumpy Greymane destroyed her lamp.

Sylvanas has done nothing as Warchieft. "Voljin is dead, who will help me to avenge him?" she didnt tried to avenge him, she didnt tried to explain what really happened in Broken Shore to the Alliance, she did secret bargains with Helya, and when she lost the lamp never appears again.

Why our Warchiefts are so useless? Thrall and Garrosh were the most active but one become Green Yisus and the other evil because "people dont like Garrosh, lets make him evil". At least Voljin initiated and lead the rebellion during 2.5 patches in MoP and do paperwork in WoD (fixing things in Azeroth and appear in our Garrison to say "nice garrison, nice shipyard and problems in Taanan") but died against a trash mob and do nothing intelligent/wise in Broken Shore, "lets go there and kill some demons mon, uugggh, im dying now".
    Last edited by Baneador; 2017-08-28 at 02:15 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    The problem is that the enemy Orcs in WoD where part of the Horde in our universe.
    If the plot would had been abit different they could easly been part of our Horde fighting on our side.
    Most orcs in wos were not part of thralls horde, other then gromosh and doom hammer almost every Orc was not part of the thralls horde, killrog black hand kargath Nerzul none of them have ever been part of our horse. The frost wolfs on the other hand were and they sided with us.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde has been killed off thanks to Blizzard's terrible writing. They made Thrall go from a badass shaman to a washed up pussy who you hardly ever see anymore might as well be dead. Ruined Garrosh by turning him into a cliche power hungry villain and then killing him off. Again turning a once badass character, Vol'jin, into a useless, clumsy dumbass and then killing him off. I mean seriously how do you have a character like Vol'jin out for a whole expansion to finally come back in action Legion and be killed off within the first 20 minutes? There's no story with Baine he's kinda just there. Lor'themar is the same way just another character that exists who at the same time has a badass backstory but Blizzard decided to do hardly anything with him.

Then there's Sylvanas who I feel like is going down a similar path as Garrosh so she'll probably be killed off one way or another too. We hardly have anyone left. I mean we do but Blizzard aren't doing anything with them.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2017-08-28 at 02:09 PM.

People went up and roared when thrall was the focus in Cata, now we have two expansions with khadgar and not a beep.

Khadgar is more invloved than thrall ever was, but because he is a human, people don't mind, but a horde character? GREEN JESUS FIRE METZAN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by c313 View Post
    After all these Horde favored expansions, I am glad we're finally getting some Alliance focused love. Cata, Horde. MoP, Horde. WoD, Mega Horde.
    villains dont count. cata:thrall. mop: black dragon guy and pandarin, WOD and legion are about khadgar and illdian, both alliance.
    Be feared, or be fuel

7+ Year Old Account
    How people can claim that anything beyond Cata isn't overwhelmingly Alliance centric is absolutely baffling to me. Alliance have been the definitive protagonists of the narrative since the beginning of MoP. Not doing anything with Baine, Gallywix, or Lor'themar was already a terrible idea, but killing Vol'jin and effectively killing off Thrall as well pretty much sealed the deal.

WoD in particular is insanity to me. Horde has a presence in WoD? You mean in their fucking mudhut in a frozen wasteland across the entire planet from anything interesting? Alliances had fucking outposts across the world with towers and fucking keeps. Alliance conquered Dreanor and the Horde was literally just fucking there for the ride.
    Last edited by Icecat; 2017-08-28 at 02:30 PM.

At this point it would not surprise me if the Horde essentially dies out by the next expansion, but not dies out in a brutal or tragic way but more in a natural way.

The purpose of the Horde was to contest the Alliance, to allow the four surviving races, Undead, Orc, Troll, Tauren to survive as a pack rather than as a democracy like the Alliance does, one pack, one leader, one warchief.

The problem is that pack is disorganized, and chaotic, and divided more than ever.

Sylvanas is not the leader the Horde needed, Sylvanas to me, is not the answer, to the Horde's problems. I do think Sylvanas needs an expansion where we really get to see her shine, but I think she should step down as a leader of the Horde and even the Forsaken, to go on her own personal journey. Shes sort of slowly been leaving the Forsaken behind for herself every expansion and now more than ever, its become clear she is unfit to rule it.

The Horde will collapse without her, though Baine Bloodhoof would be a PERFECT warchief for the Horde it is unlikley he ever will be, as Baine chose to avoid the mantle of leadership for a reason. Baine, to me however, is the Horde's Anduin, not Sylvanas. He is the Son of Cairne, the peacekeeper, the one who has the most reason to keep the Horde in line and the discipline of war to unite it.

If Baine was Warchief the Horde might come back into existance, but Sylvanas will lead it to a quick oblivion. It will be almost inevitable that the Alliance incorperates the Horde into itself over time. Blizzard knows factions are becomming a thing of the past as much as some still love being faction patriots.

The Future is Anduin leading the Army of the Light, as fortold in Velens vision, that Army is comprised of both factions, inevitably, the Alliance will incorperae the Horde into itself.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post
    People went up and roared when thrall was the focus in Cata, now we have two expansions with khadgar and not a beep.

Khadgar is more invloved than thrall ever was, but because he is a human, people don't mind, but a horde character? GREEN JESUS FIRE METZAN.

- - - Updated - - -

villains dont count. cata:thrall. mop: black dragon guy and pandarin, WOD and legion are about khadgar and illdian, both alliance.
    Khadgar is as bad as thrall if not worse, though illidan was never part of the alliance just being a night elf does not make him alliance:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Icecat View Post
    How people can claim that anything beyond Cata isn't overwhelmingly Alliance centric is absolutely baffling to me. Alliance have been the definitive protagonists of the narrative since the beginning of MoP. Not doing anything with Baine, Gallywix, or Lor'themar was already a terrible idea, but killing Vol'jin and effectively killing off Thrall as well pretty much sealed the deal.

WoD in particular is insanity to me. Horde has a presence in WoD? You mean in their fucking mudhut in a frozen wasteland across the entire planet from anything interesting? Alliances had fucking outposts across the world with towers and fucking keeps. Alliance conquered Dreanor and the Horde was literally just fucking there for the ride.
    Id say every thing other then cata and legion. Is 50/50 cata was horse focused legion is alliance but pretty much every other expan has been even.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    blizzard story telling has never been their strong point lol. you have to go in with low expectations

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    I guess it's normal after having 3 expansions revolved around the horde.
    Mop really wasn't horde focused the alliance got a ton of development all the way though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainV View Post
    [SNIP] The Future is Anduin leading the Army of the Light, as fortold in Velens vision, that Army is comprised of both factions, inevitably, the Alliance will incorperae the Horde into itself.
    Oh well, why not. Faction war is boring. There are other ways to make PvP possible if they want so.

Edit: I main Horde characters since mid-BC, but in the current state of affairs, the Horde might just be gone. Though, bad writing is on both sides. I cannot stand listening to Tyrande and Malfurion anymore. These morons are responsible for Ysera's death. Honestly, it's one thing if our characters get tricked by Xavius, who probably is just much older and has more tricks up his furry sleeves. But ancient beings like Tyrande and Malfurion? WTF?
    Last edited by mmoceb1073a651; 2017-08-28 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Dark Knight View Post

Khadgar is more invloved than thrall ever was, but because he is a human, people don't mind, but a horde character? GREEN JESUS FIRE METZAN..
    Thrall was the Warchief of the Horde for three expansions.

Was Khadgar the leader of the Alliance for three expansions?
    No? Was Khadgar the leader of the Alliance for two expansions?
    No? Was Khadgar the leader of the Alliance for one expansion?
    No? Was Khadgar an Alliance NPC for three expansions?
    No? Was Khadgar an Alliance NPC for two expansions?
    No? Was Khadgar an Alliance NPC for one expansion?

No he wasn't. That's the difference between Thrall and Khadgar. One was the leader of the Horde for three expansions and the other was neutral his entire existence in the game.
    Meanwhile, back on Azeroth, the overwhelming majority of the orcs languished in internment camps. One Orc had a dream. A dream to reunite the disparate souls trapped under the lock and key of the Alliance. So he raided the internment camps, freeing those orcs that he could, and reached out to a downtrodden tribe of trolls to aid him in rebuilding a Horde where orcs could live free of the humans who defeated them so long ago. That orc's name was... Rend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    blizzard story telling has never been their strong point lol. you have to go in with low expectations
    Well the Horde cant sink any lower with patch 7.3 that is for sure.
    Unless ofc they will make the Horde and Alliance factions neutral then it got worse.
    Last edited by mmoc2b606a4969; 2017-08-28 at 03:51 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shnider View Post
    Have you even played the expansion? Every fucking quest finale is involving the horde. not to mention the final raid in orgrimmar.
    Killing our own ppl and troops is not really pro Horde dude.
    If they where going for that then we had a Stormwind raid and gathering behind Garrosh.