Page 1 of 27
... LastLast

Is argus no flying?

Is argus no flying like Timeless isle or do you have to get a new rep before you can enjoy the game again?

No flying. No current plans to allow flying. So, like Timeless isle.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    or do you have to get a new rep before you can enjoy the game again?
    There are plenty of places to fly in the game. Sometimes a no-fly zone is needed to keep people from just swooping in, grabbing stuff, and flying off. As a Druid, and a MAJOR offender of clicking things while IN FLIGHT FORM, I am ok with a Timeless Isle style zone. I can fly everywhere else and usually avoid no-fly zones until the next expac. If you are not enjoying the game, maybe you need to find a new game.

Ok thanks is there a blue post about it?

Ok thanks is there a blue post about it?
    Nope, they are trying to put the lid on it so it doesn't turn into the shitshow that was WoD.
    The zones are still horrible without flying but you know...

Deleted
    No flying, nor will there ever be flying on Argus, due to the heavy use of the skybox to give an illusion of a whole world.

If you need travel to be a certain way to enjoy this game you need to unsub. Nothing of import happens while on a mount.
    Owner of ONEAzerothTV
    Tanking, Blood DK Mythic+ Pugging, Soloing and WoW Challenges alongside other discussions about all things in World of Warcraft
    ONEAzerothTV

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Nope, they are trying to put the lid on it so it doesn't turn into the shitshow that was WoD.
    The zones are still horrible without flying but you know...
    blizz is one that put out the word that argus is a no fly zone, it is not a guess or a sole observation of PTR players.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    No flying and it is hardly required with the amount of portals around the place.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you need travel to be a certain way to enjoy this game you need to unsub. Nothing of import happens while on a mount.
    Indeed but without flying you'll spend way more time on a mount or fighting mobs you had no intrest in playe but they were able to daze you.
    Argus and all the zones there are a bloody mess and frustrating as heck to do anything in without flying.

7.3 is litteraly one of the worst content patches ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by pinkz View Post
    blizz is one that put out the word that argus is a no fly zone, it is not a guess or a sole observation of PTR players.
    Sure but they refuse to comment on it like they did in WoD.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    If you are not enjoying the game, maybe you need to find a new game.
    Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    I think you misunderstood the OP.

By the way he worded it I'd say he's okay with "perma no-flight" design like Timeless Isle - probably because the whole area is designed with it in mind - but dislikes "temporary no-flight" design because it feels like you're being held back from fully enjoying the content until you unlock flying.
    Last edited by Nurvus; 2017-08-28 at 04:53 PM.
    Why did you create a new thread? Use the search function and post in existing threads!
    Why did you necro a thread?

Obviously you can't fly on a demon controlled planet.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post

By the way he worded it I'd say he's okay with "perma no-flight" design like Timeless Isle - probably because the whole area is designed with it in mind - but dislikes "temporary no-flight" design because it feels like you're being held back from fully enjoying the content until you unlock flying.
    You may want to RE-READ that:

Is argus no flying like Timeless isle

or do you have to get a new rep before you can enjoy the game again?
    This tells me he is steering it toward no flight, and complaining the game is un-fun unless he can fly in, drop down, get shit done, and fly off. As someone who majored in English and linguistics, I might have read it wrong, but it's highly unlikely. If he were ok with no flying, the second half of the question never would have been posted. It would have read:

Is argus no flying like Timeless isle? Just curious.

Deleted
    Indeed but without flying you'll spend way more time on a mount or fighting mobs you had no intrest in playe but they were able to daze you.
    Argus and all the zones there are a bloody mess and frustrating as heck to do anything in without flying.

7.3 is litteraly one of the worst content patches ever.

- - - Updated - - -

Sure but they refuse to comment on it like they did in WoD.
    Ofc they refuse to comment because what is there to comment on exactly?
    Getting asked the same question thousands of times will have you say "no comments" pretty fast as well.

I really dislike no flying zones... Timeless Isle is still boring as hell because it takes ages if you navigate it.. Also don't understand why they didn't merge the old TBC content with the classic servers yet and allow flying in Ghostlands and up... TBC is free for everyone by now so no need for having it on a separate server anymore.. I would actually pay to get old zones reworked so it allows flying in some dlc..

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    Ofc they refuse to comment because what is there to comment on exactly?
    Getting asked the same question thousands of times will have you say "no comments" pretty fast as well.
    They could tell players why though.
    I mean, it's quite clear that the game is worse without flying so it would be nice to know why they removed it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post

No that's wrong, sometimes on my phone grammar gets wonky. I'll probably unsubscribe because of no flight, I think it's the worst decision they have ever made

Deleted
    They could tell players why though.
    I mean, it's quite clear that the game is worse without flying so it would be nice to know why they removed it.
    They said this before in WoD.
    They found it a waste to fly over all the hand crafted content. Now they made a compromise with the achievement that shows you have been everywhere on foot and seen most of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    Obviously you can't fly on a demon controlled planet.
    Until we beat down enough of them and establish enough dominance to re-gain air superiority. It almost sounds like a perfect opportunity to include some lore reason and quests/rep grinds to explain flying/no-flying in new content.

Of course Blizzard won't take that opportunity. They're too stuck on the idea that there's only one way that WoW content could ever work, and aren't even willing to look at other possibilities.

No that's wrong, sometimes on my phone grammar gets wonky. I'll probably unsubscribe because of no flight, I think it's the worst decision they have ever made
    Lol they literally have instant teleportation points around the zone and you're still upset?

You flying people are ridiculous. Seriously don't come back then. They're going to keep doing this. No flying at launch and no flying ever in the final zone. You really shouldn't play the game if you're just going to get upset that you can't fly again. This isn't changing. They DON'T want flying in the game at all anymore. They only put it back in WoD because people complained so much. This is their compromise. You get to fly sometimes but they can take it away whenever they feel like it will make the zones better aesthetically.