10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    I own Xcom 2 on PC but never really got around to playing it because performance was bad (Bought it at release). So I do need to get around to playing it.

Did grab it before PS4 but returned it since MP was Region locked and wanted to MP with a buddy of mine lol. So ya once I get around to finishing it ill grab the expansion.
    I honestly have never touched the Multiplayer in any XCom game. The single player is all I ever needed from them.

I do know what you mean about the performance issues. But on a console, they aren't too bad. The game is fully enjoyable even with a little lag from time to time.

If my opinion means anything, i'd say it is totally worth it to revisit it. It is especially fun if you did what we used to do on here years ago. We would open a thread in the Fun Stuff section, and open up requests to be named in a players game. And they would give you updates on how your character has been doing through the campaign. I usually do this with my RL friends, so when they come over to hang out, they can enjoy the game with me a bit more.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    The game is broken for me so I can only commend on the first mission, even tho the gameplay was fine the cinematics where playing at twice the speed and the dialog was also at twice the speed, it was fun, even tho the audio was fucked for me.
    So, a video/audio optimization issue maybe? (On Bungie's part obviously, not your own).
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Dude it was to the minute and i have never seen nor heard of that happening ever.
    (shrug) bound to happen to someone sometime.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Anyone care to share their thoughts so far on the PC?

I'm curious what people who have never played Destiny before feel about it. As well as any who care to give a comparison between the Console and PC versions.

I know you are all probably right in the middle of playing, but when you return to the forums, let us know what you think.
    Just finished the dungeon/strike thingy.
    Great game so far, clean graphics, great gunplay, nice boss battle.
    Not enough bullets, and I need bigger guns, but I'm having a great time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Just finished the dungeon/strike thingy.
    Great game so far, clean graphics, great gunplay, nice boss battle.
    Not enough bullets, and I need bigger guns, but I'm having a great time.
    Interesting! Thank you for mentioning that.

Did you find that you were severely lacking in Heavy ammo particularly?

Also, how often did you get your Super charged? Once, twice, or more?

- - - Updated - - -

My reasoning for asking, is because the Beta on Console was supposed to be an older version where the ammo drops and super charge rate haven't been adjusted yet. I would have thought they would be using a more up to date version of their build for the PC Beta. But I suspect they are either still using an old build, or even worse, they lied.

Interesting! Thank you for mentioning that.

Did you find that you were severely lacking in Heavy ammo particularly?

Also, how often did you get your Super charged? Once, twice, or more?

- - - Updated - - -

My reasoning for asking, is because the Beta on Console was supposed to be an older version where the ammo drops and super charge rate haven't been adjusted yet. I would have thought they would be using a more up to date version of their build for the PC Beta. But I suspect they are either still using an old build, or even worse, they lied.
    Honestly I never had an issue with bullets in the beta so I think people just over reacted.

I honestly have never touched the Multiplayer in any XCom game. The single player is all I ever needed from them.

I do know what you mean about the performance issues. But on a console, they aren't too bad. The game is fully enjoyable even with a little lag from time to time.

If my opinion means anything, i'd say it is totally worth it to revisit it. It is especially fun if you did what we used to do on here years ago. We would open a thread in the Fun Stuff section, and open up requests to be named in a players game. And they would give you updates on how your character has been doing through the campaign. I usually do this with my RL friends, so when they come over to hang out, they can enjoy the game with me a bit more.
    Thanks for the info and ya your welcome to tell me your opinion

I honestly forgot I owned it on steam until you said something LOL. I do plan to revisit it at some point, may grab it cheap for PS4 and give it a go again since I mostly game on Console.

It will be after I decide if I get destiny or not. Won't be anytime soon since a couple streamers I watch have played the shit out of it so I don't want to see anymore atm LOL.

Love that type of Gameplay tho.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    Honestly I never had an issue with bullets in the beta so I think people just over reacted.
    Compared to Destiny 1, there was absolutely a drastic difference in ammo drops.

But I do agree that I didn't find it to be an "issue". If anything, it made you play a bit smarter.

In Destiny 1, when running through a strike, you can essentially just blast through most everything with rocket launchers. But in Destiny 2, you really did have to save that heavy ammo for when it was actually necessary.

In the end, I really did like the slimming down on ammo drops. But many others didn't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Super was not a problem since I was killing plenty of enemies. Certainly more than twice.

Heavy ammo was pretty scarce but every bigger enemy was dropping 3-4 I think. Truth be told, I was pretty liberal with the grenades
    We also wiped 2 times at the boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogerwilko View Post
    Super was not a problem since I was killing plenty of enemies. Certainly more than twice.

Heavy ammo was pretty scarce but every bigger enemy was dropping 3-4 I think. Truth be told, I was pretty liberal with the grenades
    We also wiped 2 times at the boss.
    That actually sounds a bit better than how it was on Console. Maybe they did give a newer build.

When I played (and I played A LOT! on both PS4 and XB1) I would get at max 1-3 heavy ammo throughout an entire strike.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Dang, I was fucking trash during my first two matches but as I got into it I started stacking up those kills.

I didn't quite like that flame sword sub class for Warlock though, I preferred the Void bolt thingy.
    But it's fun! I've only been playing PvP so far with the exception of the intro ofc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Dang, I was fucking trash during my first two matches but as I got into it I started stacking up those kills.

I didn't quite like that flame sword sub class for Warlock though, I preferred the Void bolt thingy.
    But it's fun! I've only been playing PvP so far with the exception of the intro ofc
    Beware of the false sense of success. What i mean is, kills and assists are pooled together. Your score could say 21 kills, but in actuality you may have only gotten 10 kills, and 11 assists.

Not trying to ruin your excitement, just want you to know what you are looking at when you review your score.

Glad you are enjoying PvP though! I did too, and really liked the 4v4 setting. It just feels better than 6v6 to me.

Is this megathread going to be used for Destiny 2 as well? In that case, hows the beta?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just closed the game. It runs amazingly, 100+ fps on my not so new PC and visuals are still amazing. Gunplay is great, really enjoyed the PvE instance but 4v4 PvP is just too small for my taste..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Is this megathread going to be used for Destiny 2 as well? In that case, hows the beta?
    if you aren't interested in pvp - short, did the starting mission and the strike once on every class already

as far as the game itself, off the top of my head:

pros:
    -it looks pretty
    -gunplay feels solid
    -since people have been mentioning ammo, you will run out of it if you want to use only 1 gun, but with switching around theres plenty enough.
    -didnt have any lag / connectivity issues, so thats good

cons:
    -i just don't get the 3 dimensional movement in this, fell off the map so many times i can't count... especially on titan. warlock feels much better in this regard, and by the time i got to doing a hunter i kinda knew how it works but titan movement / jumping sucks. my biggest gripe with this is that after you hold that spacebar to start 'flying' you can't just cancel it and go on the ground immediately (so you're just flopping in the air under fire if you do it during a fight) and there's no visual cue as to how much 'fuel' or flight time you get
    -heavy weapons (other than grenade launcher) feel kinda weak, especially shotgun and sniper - thought they'd be more impactful
    -cooldowns on abilities are pretty long, and while it's understandable on warlock and maybe even titan, whose class abilities are impactful, i just don't get the cooldown on hunter who only gets a dodge with reload as ability... although tbh i didn't feel the need to use hunters' class ability at all in pve

also, no idea if cinematics during the starting mission are final or not, but i wish our character would be saying something instead of all the voice being done by the ghost (and other npcs)
    Last edited by mmocaad0a8dadd; 2017-08-28 at 09:08 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just play Warframe. It's better and it's free.

Please post productively and on-topic. Infracted. -Edge
    Last edited by Edge-; 2017-08-29 at 04:09 PM.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

Deleted

Nearly every person playing the PC Beta today that I've seen has said overwhelmingly positive things about the game thus far. Even variety streamers that were giving it a try had a lot or praise.

PC version looks amazing tbh, a lot of the changes they've made since the first beta are big improvements too. Hoping the full release holds up!

I didn't pre order. Do I have to wait till tomorrow to download/install the open beta? Thought you could pre DL it.

Quote Originally Posted by Elim Garak View Post
    Just play Warframe. It's better and it's free.
    Thank you for that insightful and well thought out post. It contributes greatly to the discussion at hand.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    I didn't pre order. Do I have to wait till tomorrow to download/install the open beta? Thought you could pre DL it.
    Yeah you'll have to wait until tomorrow before you can install it also.