Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    No. Littlefinger still lives on in my dreams, where his character arc goes further than just being service to the #teamsansa hype train.
    I'm totally okay with them outdoing him, but he definitely deserved a better unraveling than what we were fed.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    I feel like GoT has been a 7 year experiment in changing people's opinions about fictional incest.
    I like how they explained Jon's parentage WHILE they were banging. I bet your average viewer is fine with them which is pretty hilarious given how many denounced Jamie and Cersei in early seasons.

I'm wondering if Bran/Sam is going to keep his knowledge to himself once they see Jon and Dany together...i definitely don't trust D&D to handle that reveal well.... would be a pity for him to never know, but his words to Theon and Jon's own upbringing likely show that he puts more stock in how/where you grew up than who you are.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Master Chief View Post
    Another hole in one....!

Quote Originally Posted by elaina View Post
    I'm totally okay with them outdoing him, but he definitely deserved a better unraveling than what we were fed.
    Yeah bit disappointing end for the master schemer.

There is still hope for one twist.....and if its anyone I think it will be Tyrion.

We had him looking over the lannister battle with the dothraki looking pretty down about it all
    Tyrions scene with Cersei ending early and not seeing what he says to make her come back to the meeting.
    Tyrion and Varys scenes discussing the need to dial back the "Mad queen" aspects of dany
    And lastly spying on Jon/Dany getting it on.

Can see Tyrion being conflicted enough to do the dodgy

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "Mormont's Raven" is clearly pretty special.

Meanwhile, if you check the page for regular ravens it says: "Westerosi ravens are similar to common ravens of Earth, only stronger with better homing instincts."
    You linked a summary from a wiki contributor with no text evidence. Everything i linked has actual text evidence to back it up, not someones summary.

So if they tell Jon he's the rightful king do you think he tells Dany? "You're out aunty, sorry there's no women's lib."

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    "Mormont's Raven" is clearly pretty special.

Meanwhile, if you check the page for regular ravens it says: "Westerosi ravens are similar to common ravens of Earth, only stronger with better homing instincts."
    Samwell claims to recognize this bird, proclaiming it to be Mormont's raven. Alliser Thorne laughs, claiming that Samwell is trying to fool them. He is certain that this is one of several ravens which Tarly has trained to say Snow, while Mormont's raven had a richer vocabulary. [5] The raven looks at Jon and asks for corn. It soon changes its tune, repeating a new word: Kettle?. This act helps convince the present men that this is indeed Mormont's raven, and helps decide the election in favor of Jon. [5] Samwell insists that he had nothing to do with the raven's appearance, claiming that it even scared him. [5]

Also this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    So if they tell Jon he's the rightful king do you think he tells Dany? "You're out aunty, sorry there's no women's lib."

Will be interesting to see how that plays out.
    If he want willing to lie to uber bitch cersei and back stab later her, he wont turn on dany for a kingdom he never wanted in the first place. More likely the aunt thing will freak him out for a bit until he realized he knocked her up then its shotgun wedding time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Ravens were already established as magical. But time is indeed one of the issues of the show.
    Time isn't nearly as big an issue in the show as folks make it out to be. Everyone needs to keep in mind that the normal 10 episodes (or 7 for this season) take 1 year to transpire. So there's, on average, more than a months time happening in and between episodes.

There's also the fact that scenes in different locations aren't necessarily shown in order. The events are revealed to us as it makes sense for the story. Sam would have healed Jorah within the time frame of the events in the first couple episodes, which gives him time to make it to Dany. Then it's likely by the time frame of what was happening elsewhere in episode 3/4 is when Bran's Raven made it to the Citadel and Sam took off. So that potentially gives Sam several months to make the travel to Winterfell.

The only problem with timing is when actions from one area determine the events in another. Like Usain Gendry running to the wall, and Ravens flying some 2000 miles in what appears to be less than a day. So I'm with everyone there, there are times it's messed up and you have to suspend disbelief in order to enjoy the show. But most of the "teleportation" is just good old fashion walking. They show creators just know most of us don't want to see the entire trip (or any of it). Just show us what happens when they get there.

I thought GRRM hated lord of the rings which is what we have now
    He said he disliked some aspects of LOTR (like the whole ''and the King, his trials over, rules wisely and ably for many years'' thing Aragorn had going; compare him to how much of a loser Robert was once crowned) so he set out to subvert some of them. He never said he hated LOTR, and indeed praises it every chance he gets.

He kinda has to because it's still immensely popular among fantasy geeks, but I'm sure at least some of his admiration is genuine. He certainly doesn't ''hate'' it.

No. Littlefinger still lives on in my dreams, where his character arc goes further than just being service to the #teamsansa hype train.

If anything Sana's character wasn't truly developed over the course of the 7 seasons, and more so spliced into the last couple of episodes. If anything, I would be a little upset if I was a Sansa fan. (It took her 7 seasons, and help from her all seeing brother to finally realize that she was always being played throughout the series.)

Has anyone mentioned the potential implications of Jon being named "Aegon" when Rhaegar also named his first son Aegon?

Or what impact the Golden Company will have in the show, considering it's role in the books - being lead by one, "Aegon Targaryen" (or Aegon Blackfyre depending on what you theory you want to subscribe).

I know we should expect big differences from the book and the show, especially the further along they go, but seems like they will try to use their different paths to end up at the same conclusion. So unless the conclusions between the books and TV show completely unrelated, this could make things really awkward for the book and maybe the show.

Got serious WotLK Cinematic vibes from the ending minutes of this episode. (starting at 2:30)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The NK looked a little silly on the dragon, imo. He needs tattered black robes or a cloak or something.
    He sort of looked like he was on one of those old mechanized rides outside of the drug store.

Quote Originally Posted by Redwyrm View Post
    Got serious WotLK Cinematic vibes from the ending minutes of this episode. (starting at 2:30)

As soon as I saw that scene I just had to "remake" the Wrath cinematic using clips with the Night's King from the last few seasons.

Just had to do it after seeing Sindr... Viserion fly over the Scou... wights.

Wanted to overlap Viserion being raised with Sindragosa being raised, but couldn't really make it work, so I settled with the Wall going down.
    Last edited by MrLordDariusCrowley; 2017-08-29 at 01:23 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Other than getting some sweet, delicious Kit Harington ass I wasn't too into this episode. The Arya/Sansa thing just...I don't even. I would have preferred Littlefinger to get a much better ending than that.

And now we wait until 2018/19.

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel like GoT has been a 7 year experiment in changing people's opinions about fictional incest.
    Incest is wincest, right!?!?!

10+ Year Old Account
    I knew it was coming and still gagged.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Carrier pigeons fly 50 mps far faster than irl ravens, asoaif ravens goes who knows how fast, we just know its atleast noticeably fast than carrier pigeons

You really don't pay attention
    I guess you didn't pay attention this week when LF said to Sansa "Ravens can't fly well in these storms, it's possible the message has just been delayed." In reference to a raven from KL where Jon had gone, to Winterfell, a shorter distance than somewhere North of the Wall to Dragonstone. And that was after a couple weeks or so of them being gone to KL to meet Cersei because Brienne had arrived there as well.

I thought it was quite hilariously placed after the debate from last week.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    I guess you didn't pay attention this week when LF said to Sansa "Ravens can't fly well in these storms, it's possible the message has just been delayed." In reference to a raven from KL where Jon had gone, to Winterfell, a shorter distance than somewhere North of the Wall to Dragonstone. And that was after a couple weeks or so of them being gone to KL to meet Cersei because Brienne had arrived there as well.

I thought it was quite hilariously placed after the debate from last week.
    Jon sent the raven after he pledged to Dany in the pit, not before.... No one knew about it until then, not Tyrion, not even Davos, look at his reaction. I know paying attention is hard but come on. It also wasn't storming when they sent the raven from eastwatch to dragonstone your really grasping at straws now.

Quote Originally Posted by Ilikegreenfire View Post
    Jon sent the raven after he pledged to Dany in the pit, not before.... No one knew about it until then, not Tyrion, not even Davos, look at his reaction. I know paying attention is hard but come on. It also wasn't storming when they sent the raven from eastwatch to dragonstone your really grasping at straws now.
    That's not the point. The point is, they expected a message sooner, and one of the reasons offered for the raven not being there when expected was "It's real difficult travel conditions out there." It was just funny. The real reason ended up being the reason Sansa said, Jon didn't send it til he knew what the whole deal was, but no one shouted LF down and said, "That's ridiculous, everyone knows a raven can fly through any weather from KL to Winterfell in a day!"

I'm not debating the actual time of the actual raven Jon sent.

Sometimes I can't tell why you vehemently defend this show from all criticism.

10+ Year Old Account
    That finale? Holy hell.

Loved it.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    That's not the point. The point is, they expected a message sooner, and one of the reasons offered for the raven not being there when expected was "It's real difficult travel conditions out there." It was just funny. The real reason ended up being the reason Sansa said, Jon didn't send it til he knew what the whole deal was, but no one shouted LF down and said, "That's ridiculous, everyone knows a raven can fly through any weather from KL to Winterfell in a day!"

I'm not debating the actual time of the actual raven Jon sent.

Sometimes I can't tell why you vehemently defend this show from all criticism.
    No one said they a snow storm wouldn't hamper them. Just that they are faster than Carrier pigeons, it was pretty calm from what we saw of eastwatch and dragonstone in ep 5.