Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I have to admit that this Mythic+ system is uninteresting as hell. They created a tool to let you PUG it but that's the most boring thing to do with your playtime.

- What about I'd do some mythic + tonight !
    * Opens LFG tool *
    * Looks for reasonable dungeons to run *
    * Get refused/ignored because you don't have those 930ilvl for this BRH+4*
    * Refresh *
    * Repeat for 10 minutes *
    * Disconnect *

Quote Originally Posted by yanomamii View Post
    ask your friends. If you have no friends stop playing MMORPG, it's not a solo game OMG.
    100% this.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ausername25 View Post
    Is it even possible to catch up again? Next patch I'll have to run Antorus LFR because why take someone with my gear to Antorus Normal? Then when I have enough gear to be trusted in Normal, people will want Heroic ilvl for Normal.

How the fuck do you even progress anymore when people don't trust anyone outside of their ilvl?

You can say make your own group for Mythic+ (if you want to gear incredibly slowly) but that doesn't work for raiding.

Might as well quit.
    you know what i did all week?

me and a friend grouped up. one on a char with a +10 key, one on a 820-870 alt. made group, invited 920+ people, got carried. all our alts will get 935 in the box next week.

yes its that easy. (this week at least)

if you don't have friends, just work your key up to a 10, it doesn't take THAT long and once your key is up there you will get a similar level key next week.
    Last edited by mmoc982b0e8df8; 2017-08-29 at 02:23 PM.

It happens for a variety of reasons.

However, the options you have are essentially two fold: either you make your own groups to do the content you wish to do OR you persist until you get in through the door. Personally I would suggest finding some like minded people who are willing to do that content regularly whether it be with some cross server PUGs or within a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    I have to admit that this Mythic+ system is uninteresting as hell. They created a tool to let you PUG it but that's the most boring thing to do with your playtime.

- What about I'd do some mythic + tonight !
    * Opens LFG tool *
    * Looks for reasonable dungeons to run *
    * Get refused/ignored because you don't have those 930ilvl for this BRH+4*
    * Refresh *
    * Repeat for 10 minutes *
    * Disconnect *
    OR... You have a group of friends you enjoy running M+ with. You have a night you set aside for M+. You group up on that night and link your keys, then pick one of the 5 to start with. You use the other 4 for each others' alts.

WoW, like life, is what you make of it. If you refuse to make friends, you are gating yourself out of content. Don't blame Blizz or the rest of us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Ever wonder if the decline in subs is partly because, "Just stop playing" is the answer to everything?
    Because you refuse to even consider making friends? Are you that anti-social?

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I don't particularly care about "friends" in a video game, no. I tend to leave my deeper social interactions in the real world.

It's funny, there are so many things in WoW that are analogous to things in real life. I guess I understand why people like the "alternate reality" concept, but to me it's just a video game that I'll play if it's fun and won't if it's not. I don't have an interest in doing things in the game that are better done in reality. All those things that people talk about like "investment" and "dedication" and "goals" and "friends"...they all seem like things that I should be putting effort towards in reality, not in a video game.
    I challenge you to expand your definition of "friends". Just like there are fb friends that aren't the same as RL friends, there are WoW friends. These don't have to be people you would wake up and drive 200 miles to help in a pinch; they can simply be players who know you're competent and not an a-hole so they don't mind meeting you online once a week to knock out some M+. Simple relationship, win-win for all involved. Unless you enjoy the pain that is pugging?

- - - Updated - - -

I meet the same group every Friday for M+. We knock out a 15 or 16 fast and easy, no stress, no drama, then 1-2 more to help each others' alts. SO much easier than pugging randoms, and our keys are done every week like clockwork.

7+ Year Old Account
    In what way is Mythic+ an alternative to raiding when even for +11 people expect ilvl in the region of 920?

I'm so tired of being declined. I've Mythic raided in the past and can out dps some of the better geared people I see. None of that matters. All people care about is the number.

How are you even supposed to progress if you don't buy boosts for gear? How would I even get back into heroic raiding, let alone Mythic, when people expect you to have gear...obtained by doing the thing? I even have a hard time getting into KJ normal groups. How can I get gear from +15 when people require you to already have that gear?

I'm 907 getting declined from +11. That's ridiculous.

The answer is that Mythic+ isn't an alternative to raiding. You can't get to +15 unless you raid heroic. 11 and higher is just for people with heroic raid gear.
    1. Find a guild
    2 Make your own group
    Legion is the worst expansion
    BFA=Blizzard Failed Again
    https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment..._google_trend/

Do your own key and set the conditions. Feel free to invite 907 people over 940's, oh wait you would invite the best geared players too..

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    LMFAO!!!!i

- - - Updated - - -

WTF is wrong with this fucking community, daring to decline a 930+. wowprogress are utterly malicious assholes for adding this bullshit system.
    Sometimes it's just random things that lead ultimately to a decline. There are a lot of people queuing and in the short span of time you pick people for various reasons that might not seem too rational for yourself in the moment. Some people don't like a certain class, a certain spec or have some other bias/reason why you can not join. Ever tried to setup a group when you already got a tank and healer? You are spammed with 20 applications so fast you can't even respond to all the whispers.

It's like tinder as a girl when you are an HB10.

Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    you know what i did all week?

me and a friend grouped up. one on a char with a +10 key, one on a 820-870 alt. made group, invited 920+ people, got carried. all our alts will get 935 in the box next week.

yes its that easy. (this week at least)
    I must be unluckiest person in the world then. I tried to help my friend, he was 890, I had 930 char, we grouped together, invited 2 920 dps (who were linking me keystone master etc.) and a 910 healer (can't be picky with healers they're nowhere to be found in pugs), thought that's well enough for 10 and I don't even need much healing on a 930 tank. What happened? The pug dps kept doing piss poor job, standing in sanguine and whatnot, healer couldn't keep up with grievous even on bosses where there was no sanguine, in the end one of the pug dps dropped group and we disbanded. I tried to carry (outdpsing the dps on aoe, moving mobs form sanguine, interrupting, self healing and whatnot), but it was uncarriable. In the end my friend got annoyed and said he cba to try again. So that's how "help a friend" ended.

I also tried to pug a 10 on few of my other 900 alts and I can tell you literally 9/10 healers can't cope with grievous. I guess pug dps not helping to interrupt and standing in shit contributes to it. Last example: DHT 10 on my DH, 36 deaths across the dungeon, with one of the dps racking 13 alone, mostly from stuff like standing in sanguine and explosive mushrooms.

Haven't seen such a clown fiesta like this week's "10 for weekly chest" for quite a long time. I remember "sanguine weeks" being considered easiest thing under the sun, so I'm completely baffled.

Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    Sometimes it's just random things that lead ultimately to a decline. There are a lot of people queuing and in the short span of time you pick people for various reasons that might not seem too rational for yourself in the moment. Some people don't like a certain class, a certain spec or have some other bias/reason why you can not join. Ever tried to setup a group when you already got a tank and healer? You are spammed with 20 applications so fast you can't even respond to all the whispers.

maybe - but decline is decline - its very detrimental for game when players keep seeing "decline" most of time.

blizzard definetly need to rework the system somehow or they will keep loosing players no matter how good mythic + system is for game.

the implementation is simply flawed. imo much better would be automated system similiar to wowprogress score but without human element - . this way people would be automatickly assigned based on how far they got in dungeons. all you had to do would be to pick which dungeon in which dififculty you want to do and game would be assigning you to group based on your completion on that toon.

this way pros could play with pros and "Scrubs" wouldnt be able to be boosted but would learn the dungeon with people of similiar experience - imo it woudl eliminate most of toxicity because those who want fast runs would be automatickly assigned to each other and nobody woudl see "decline"

In what way is Mythic+ an alternative to raiding when even for +11 people expect ilvl in the region of 920?

I'm so tired of being declined. I've Mythic raided in the past and can out dps some of the better geared people I see. None of that matters. All people care about is the number.

How are you even supposed to progress if you don't buy boosts for gear? How would I even get back into heroic raiding, let alone Mythic, when people expect you to have gear...obtained by doing the thing? I even have a hard time getting into KJ normal groups. How can I get gear from +15 when people require you to already have that gear?

I'm 907 getting declined from +11. That's ridiculous.

The answer is that Mythic+ isn't an alternative to raiding. You can't get to +15 unless you raid heroic. 11 and higher is just for people with heroic raid gear.
    Either start making your own groups.

Or...

https://www.facebook.com/PerkyPugs/

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    maybe - but decline is decline - its very detrimental for game when players keep seeing "decline" most of time.

blizzard definetly need to rework the system somehow or they will keep loosing players no matter how good mythic + system is for game.

the implementation is simply flawed. imo much better would be automated system similiar to wowprogress score but without human element - . this way people would be automatickly assigned based on how far they got in dungeons. all you had to do would be to pick which dungeon in which dififculty you want to do and game would be assigning you to group based on your completion on that toon.

this way pros could play with pros and "Scrubs" wouldnt be able to be boosted but would learn the dungeon with people of similiar experience - imo it woudl eliminate most of toxicity because those who want fast runs would be automatickly assigned to each other and nobody woudl see "decline"
    I do not think you are understanding the cause of the declines. I do not think it is primarily because people are failing to correctly identify you as the 'pro' you are, it's because you're one of a thousand dps applicants for the group. I know I declined some 925+ people this past week for a measly +10 because I had other 925+ people that fit the group better.

In my experience this is how dungeons in WoW have always been. Tanks and heals are always in short supply and so they can run whatever they want whenever they want and dps have to work to find groups.

But it always comes back to this: if you are a dps angry about getting declined, run your own damn groups. I cannot for the life of me understand why people would rather be miserable and complain than just running their own groups.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cRawmode View Post
    What's that even supposed to mean?

Oversaturation is no justification to decline, you should instead just ignore the ones you don't need, so that they get the "group full" message in the end, not the "declined" one. Or just requeue if the list gets too full.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Marrilaife View Post
    I must be unluckiest person in the world then. I tried to help my friend, he was 890, I had 930 char, we grouped together, invited 2 920 dps (who were linking me keystone master etc.) and a 910 healer (can't be picky with healers they're nowhere to be found in pugs), thought that's well enough for 10 and I don't even need much healing on a 930 tank. What happened? The pug dps kept doing piss poor job, standing in sanguine and whatnot, healer couldn't keep up with grievous even on bosses where there was no sanguine, in the end one of the pug dps dropped group and we disbanded. I tried to carry (outdpsing the dps on aoe, moving mobs form sanguine, interrupting, self healing and whatnot), but it was uncarriable. In the end my friend got annoyed and said he cba to try again. So that's how "help a friend" ended.

I also tried to pug a 10 on few of my other 900 alts and I can tell you literally 9/10 healers can't cope with grievous. I guess pug dps not helping to interrupt and standing in shit contributes to it. Last example: DHT 10 on my DH, 36 deaths across the dungeon, with one of the dps racking 13 alone, mostly from stuff like standing in sanguine and explosive mushrooms.

Haven't seen such a clown fiesta like this week's "10 for weekly chest" for quite a long time. I remember "sanguine weeks" being considered easiest thing under the sun, so I'm completely baffled.
    i lied for dramatic effect, most of my runs were 4-5 guildies/friends. the ones i did pug i did notice some obvious carries/bad alts too. failed the timer once or twice but no group couldn't complete the run.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    What's that even supposed to mean?

Oversaturation is no justification to decline, you should instead just ignore the ones you don't need, so that they get the "group full" message in the end, not the "declined" one. Or just requeue if the list gets too full.
    Nobody needs any justification to decline.
    You would rather waste their time than hurt their feelings.
    This is a pointless distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    I do not think you are understanding the cause of the declines. I do not think it is primarily because people are failing to correctly identify you as the 'pro' you are, it's because you're one of a thousand dps applicants for the group. I know I declined some 925+ people this past week for a measly +10 because I had other 925+ people that fit the group better.

In my experience this is how dungeons in WoW have always been. Tanks and heals are always in short supply and so they can run whatever they want whenever they want and dps have to work to find groups.

But it always comes back to this: if you are a dps angry about getting declined, run your own damn groups. I cannot for the life of me understand why people would rather be miserable and complain than just running their own groups.
    you are missing my point completly - yes you are right about the cause - but resoult still stays the same - and bring overall negative conotation with mythic + - whether one got declined because there were 50 other dps or his itlv was to low it doesnt change the resoult that was that all he seen was "declined" on screen which tie negative feeling with it - one or 2 declines woudl be maybe ok - but if someone sees 15-20 declines and in the end resigns from trying again it will only stop him from doin it in future.

thats what i mean - i agree about causes - but resoult is negative atm for most of people (since most people play dps)

and about "it always has been like this" - is exackly the reason why blizzard put in automated lfd in game - exackly because it was bringing their customers negative experiences.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely zergling View Post
    Do your own key and set the conditions. Feel free to invite 907 people over 940's, oh wait you would invite the best geared players too..
    Of course he would. Why would he pick up the 907 guy when there are 10 935+ applicants... it is the same reason.

Deleted
    Well I think you should start your own group and tell those "Decliners" to fock up...
    WoW is not what it once was. It used to be slow paced game. But since that stupidity called ilvl/gearscore everybody is looking only at this mark. For example during WoD times and at the start of Legion my ilvl was really below average in our raid group when we started raiding and I was still putting great healing and was either topping healing meters or was 2nd.

So to get back to point , ppl now want to do everything in 5 minutes , AOE fest and be done with dungeons in 5 minutes. Where are the great old times of 40 - 60 minutes of running a dungeon. Those were great times when nobody looked at that stupid ilvl / gearscore but they looked to get that kill / loot / complete dungeon. And nobody was trying to have it done in 5 minutes like everybody want to do everything in 5 minutes ( questing, leveling, dungeon, raiding, PVP ). What is the point of playing this game when you want to do everything in x minutes and have nothing from it.

Sorry maybe a bit off topic. But I think it is related to those declines too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smejusak View Post
    Well I think you should start your own group and tell those "Decliners" to fock up...
    WoW is not what it once was. It used to be slow paced game. But since that stupidity called ilvl/gearscore everybody is looking only at this mark. For example during WoD times and at the start of Legion my ilvl was really below average in our raid group when we started raiding and I was still putting great healing and was either topping healing meters or was 2nd.

So to get back to point , ppl now want to do everything in 5 minutes , AOE fest and be done with dungeons in 5 minutes. Where are the great old times of 40 - 60 minutes of running a dungeon. Those were great times when nobody looked at that stupid ilvl / gearscore but they looked to get that kill / loot / complete dungeon. And nobody was trying to have it done in 5 minutes like everybody want to do everything in 5 minutes ( questing, leveling, dungeon, raiding, PVP ). What is the point of playing this game when you want to do everything in x minutes and have nothing from it.

Sorry maybe a bit off topic. But I think it is related to those declines too.
    But would you do something different? Would you invite the 940 guy doing 1.3m dps or the 907 guy doing 500k?

I mean a +18 with good dps feels easier than +12 with bad dps...