Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulfric Trumpcloak View Post
    Warlocks already had a spell animation overhaul. If anything they just have to update a couple more spells...
    When exactly did this happen?

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    Only how it is presented to the player is different. The underlying effect on balance and dps is the same every 20 seconds X dps happens. Your example doesn't have completely different use cases because both are providing X dps over 20 seconds and both would be used. And again they are not dramatically different because every 20 seconds you were given X dps.

What would make it dramatically different is if the DoT provided Y resources each tick in addition to just dps. That would dramatically change the function and final result of each spell.

Destruction has always had X dps as a dot and X dps as a cooldown spell. Your theory is proven false by your own argument. People are enjoying destruction Warlocks because of the way the mechanics all interact. But X dps from a dot versus a proc versus flat increase versus anything else is still the same X dps. So nothing has dramatically changed about the benefits of the talent/spell/ability/whatever.

The way you use it has changed but its effect on character power hasn't other then numbers for balance.
    I'm not really sure how to even approach someone who doesn't understand the ramifications of direct dmg vs damage over time and how it impacts you mechanically during encounters.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    I'm not really sure how to even approach someone who doesn't understand the ramifications of direct dmg vs damage over time and how it impacts you mechanically during encounters.
    But from a balancing point of view, a RPPM dmg proc is very easy to compare to a pet attacking. Though scalling needs to be looked at, so they stay the same. The fact that SacPet is an AoE proc is actually hurting it I think.

On the other hand, Blizzard had no problem creating a talent for frostmages that provides a % buff. See how balanced that is.....

I feel warlocks should have a pet out, but I want to choose my pet and gain more. However I do feel buffing yourself with killing your pet has a place aswell, Destro being the prime spec to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requimortem View Post
    That's right, we're about demons. Far more so than DoTs or Chaos Bolt.
    We're about Fel magic, demons happens to be a part of that, the summoning of and sacrifice of demons.

Deleted
    They hate warlocks, and wants us all to reroll

It's amazing how bad the lock community is.

You all want to be OP, when you were OP you kept saying you were balanced and that other classes needed to "l2p".

They clearly said they were working on warlock's animations but you're still saying "they don't care about us".

You guys need to chill. Warlock is doing fine. Stop acting like it is not.

Also what the fuck is this shit "warlock isn't about demons" like really ? Please give me a break. The only warlock spec that shouldn't be about demons is Destruction.

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

You all want to be OP, when you were OP you kept saying you were balanced and that other classes needed to "l2p".

They clearly said they were working on warlock's animations but you're still saying "they don't care about us".

Also what the fuck is this shit "warlock isn't about demons" like really ? Please give me a break. The only warlock spec that shouldn't be about demons is Destruction.
    Ah yes they didn´t have done such things as: removing the gain of emberbits from Rof and said nothing about it (only after many many locks expicit asked if it was intended or a bug they came out with the truth)

intentionally made one of our speccs bad so that no-one will play it because "reasons"

removed the choice of which demon (or none) you will play with because of "class fantasy" or as it´s also known "we know what´s best for you"

having all speccs using soulshard even if we said them that they´re shit for destro and only after 2 patches they had done something about it

regarding the "The only warlock spec that shouldn't be about demons is Destruction. " thing... well we had something which was called sacrifice which took care of that. guess what ? didn´t fit into our "class fantasy" because "we know what´s good for you"

for affli it was about soul effegy which also was loaded but noo they still implemented it only to finally get it after 2 patches and removed it...

and now you come here to us to pray that "good dear Blizz" will ofc do our animations and they will be great and ofc they will be done while we´re still in legion

yeah shure please tell me what drug do you take will have the same thing must be some pretty good shit

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baconeggcheese View Post
    You can start by understanding that 20% dps is the same as 20% dps. So the ability that you can use every 20 seconds adds the same amount of dps as the one that does its damage over 20 seconds. That is a great way to approach understanding of this apparently complicated issue. I have never said mechanically they function the same which seems to be your confusion.

Remember this stemmed from someone saying Blizzard likes to change skills and try to convince people nothing has changed by keeping the name. The end result of the talent hasn't changed much. A flat % from sacrificing your demon before vs a variable % from a proc now. It is still a % being added and that talent still has a similar end result.

Of course it mechanically functions different because a proc is a proc and a flat buff is not a proc.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    But from a balancing point of view, a RPPM dmg proc is very easy to compare to a pet attacking. Though scalling needs to be looked at, so they stay the same. The fact that SacPet is an AoE proc is actually hurting it I think.
    Hunters have a % added as with a first tier talent (one spec think survival off the top of my head). I definitely think it should be reworked but I want it to be more interesting then sacrifice for X damage increase. It might benefit better from moving a tier because of Supremacy but it really has to stay with the same tier as supremacy or you have to design for interactions with service/supremacy.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

You can start by understanding that 20% dps is the same as 20% dps. So the ability that you can use every 20 seconds adds the same amount of dps as the one that does its damage over 20 seconds.
    That's not even true depending on certain scenarios and that's what he's trying to tell you.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwill View Post
    That's not even true depending on certain scenarios and that's what he's trying to tell you.
    1=1 is not true? If a dot over its 20 seconds does adds 100 dps and a spell with a 20 second cooldown adds 100 dps it is true that they both add the same amount of dps. It doesn't matter that one does that 100 dps over 20 seconds versus once every 20 seconds. It is still the same dps being added. Which is why it isn't a drastic change when the new sacrifice still adds a percentage to our dps (just like the old one did).

How it does it has changed drastically but not the end result.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post

It's amazing how ignorant the community outside of (most) Warlocks is.

Nobody is asking to be overpowered and the fact that this seems to be the only argument anyone can come up with is laughable.

Because other classes that haven't been around as long as us or endured as much as we have, have already gotten updates. When the entire expansion is about demons and all the other elements that make up our class but we get the short end of the stick in every aspect, there's definite cause for saying "they don't care about us".

It's not and pretending otherwise won't change that nor will it stop us from voicing our complaints.

1=1 is not true? If a dot over its 20 seconds does adds 100 dps and a spell with a 20 second cooldown adds 100 dps it is true that they both add the same amount of dps. It doesn't matter that one does that 100 dps over 20 seconds versus once every 20 seconds. It is still the same dps being added. Which is why it isn't a drastic change when the new sacrifice still adds a percentage to our dps (just like the old one did).

Burst windows are a thing, so having an ability that allows you to front load 20 seconds worth of damage into 5 seconds is huge in situations where that's necessary.

DPS might be the same when averaged, but utility, usage and usefulness can change drastically and can make a once useful and desirable talent pretty undesirable.

Sustained DPS is not the most important thing in some (I'd even argue "most") situations. On demand burst is equally important. Changing a skill from an on demand burst to a strictly sustained damage is a HUGE change as far as usage is concerned.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    nor will it stop us from voicing our complaints.
    No comment on the state of your dps, but every single topic relating to the new spell effects on the ptr forums have Warlocks bitching that they didn't get any yet. Haven't heard a peep from Holy Paladins, but Christ almighty Blizzard fucked Warlocks in the animations department /s. You'll get them, they'll be great, and they'll probably even still have 2 colors for your fucking green fire that they added specially for your entitled community.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    No comment on the state of your dps, but every single topic relating to the new spell effects on the ptr forums have Warlocks bitching that they didn't get any yet. Haven't heard a peep from Holy Paladins, but Christ almighty Blizzard fucked Warlocks in the animations department /s. You'll get them, they'll be great, and they'll probably even still have 2 colors for your fucking green fire that they added specially for your entitled community.
    Choosing to ignore everything else I said to pretend you have a point doesn't work. I don't even know why someone like you is in this part of the forums, it's pretty clear you don't play/main a Warlock so your only reason for being here is to instigate a fight with your ignorant remarks.

7+ Year Old Account
    Choosing to ignore everything else I said to pretend you have a point doesn't work. I don't even know why someone like you is in this part of the forums, it's pretty clear you don't play/main a Warlock so your only reason for being here is to instigate a fight with your ignorant remarks.
    He plays a priest which coencidential just got their update but seems like all they can is bitching arround if he has to come into the lock forum to say we´re entitled...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm just stating my frustration with all of the complaining I've seen, which I think is justified since most of it has been in completely inappropriate topics (IE not this part of the forums). Why do you all choose to ignore that your spell effects already got a face lift in Mists, your demons have been updated practically every expansion, and casters as a whole had to wait already? You're not even being singled out for waiting longer, which is what I really don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tabrotar View Post
    He plays a priest which coencidential just got their update but seems like all they can is bitching arround if he has to come into the lock forum to say we´re entitled...
    I play Disc which 'coincidentally' is half done compared to the other two specs, so...

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I'm just stating my frustration with all of the complaining I've seen, which I think is justified since most of it has been in completely inappropriate topics (IE not this part of the forums). Why do you all choose to ignore that your spell effects already got a face lift in Mists, your demons have been updated practically every expansion, and casters as a whole had to wait already? You're not even being singled out for waiting longer, which is what I really don't understand.

- - - Updated - - -

I play Disc which 'coincidentally' is half done compared to the other two specs, so...
    So you complain because we complain about something we find is not good for our class but at the same time you´re complaining about your own class not getting the attention it should get... ok moving on.

And please you´re really telling me that priests didn´t had an update and still had the same animations like they had in classic? Sorry but that´s something i call bullshit on.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    So you complain because we complain about something we find is not good for our class but at the same time you´re complaining about your own class not getting the attention it should get... ok moving on.

And please you´re really telling me that priests didn´t had an update and still had the same animations like they had in classic? Sorry but that´s something i call bullshit on.
    Yes, Disc for the part did have the same effects since Classic. I'm not complaining that it's not finished, I was attempting to refute your rather pathetic rebuttal. You took the time to look at my past posts, but apparently didn't see I've been rather patient with them not finishing Disc and stated myself I believe the rest will come. Patience obviously isn't your strong point, though.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll let you guys get back to it, since you're right, this one is at least in the Warlock forums and you have the right to complain. It's been a tiresome ptr cycle listening to it everywhere, though.

Keywords are certain scenarios.

For example, an add needs to die quickly so you need front loaded damage right now so you uses the spell with a 20 seconds cooldown from your own scenario, not in 20 seconds because by then it’ll be too late. So if your DoT lasted 10 seconds instead of the 20 seconds spell, then it was 50% weaker in that specific scenario. Another example would be a % damage proc that last for “x” seconds and you need to refresh a DoT but said DoT has a higher duration than the proc and needs to be refreshed, due to them updating dynamically, it will not benefit fully from said procs while the casted spell will therefore one having a better damage throughput.
    Last edited by Dwill; 2017-08-29 at 06:18 PM.

Sounds about right. This community is beyond pathetic. You've got people like Nurasu who think that because their class isn't perfect that means no one but them has any right to complain. You've got others who think because our class (or, to be more precise, one aspect of our class) was good during a certain patch or expansion that, that invalidates any complaint we could ever have after the fact. We had so much stripped away from us in Legion--an expansion all about the various elements that Warlocks are comprised of--and have tried endlessly to get Blizzard to correct abysmal mechanics while giving us something to compensate for how poorly they've treated the class but apparently that makes us "entitled".