Page 11 of 27 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, it seems the devs finally found the solution to their pet issue aka players being able to fly. No need to get passive-aggressive anymore. From now on they can just design every single zone with a nice cardboard skybox that would arguably get “ruined” by flying. Apparently a lot of people will rationalise it uncritically and cave in to their whim.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its not about NEEDING it. Its about what a shit crap all the no fly zones are. You seem to think most people really want to just roleplay on ground through the attrociously annoying design of the zones.
    Its about not having a mental breakdown when you get dismounted/tagged some elite craps for the gazillionth time when you do argus world quest number 893423984732438.
    The only retarded thing is trying to argue against flying in 2017 after so many expansions and not admit the real reason for this "new direction". Lazy devs and no desire for them to invest the resources for it.
    I mean you're wrong though. The reason they took this "new direction" is because the zones in Cata sucked ass because they were designed to be flyable from the beginning and they felt like the MoP zones didn't get explored enough because you could just fly immediately after hitting 90. They wanted people to actually see the zones they put work into so that's why they did this. It's actually the opposite of lazy. Lazy would be just putting flying in and making the zones shit like in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by NoobistTV-Metro View Post
    If you need travel to be a certain way to enjoy this game you need to unsub. Nothing of import happens while on a mount.
    TRUUEE!!! well.. besides being "intoxicated" and flying around the world for a couple hours gawking at things. Other than that, SO true.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    Not every class has a way of bypassing mobs, even moreso, most classes that do have those tricks have minute+ cooldowns and better used in escaping bad situations. Further, TBC had flight.
    TBC introduced flight, but the danger we were in then was far worse. At level 7, if more than two Murlocs spotted you in Elwynn Forest, you were fucked. Now I can stand next to Rolf's body at level 7 and pull 10 at a time. And every class has an escape plan. Warriors leap, Pallies, priests, and mages can bubble + run/blink, hunters have camoflauge, Night Elves can Shadowmeld, Mages have invisibility, Warlocks use pets for distraction, or dots and run. Monk torpedo x3. The list goes on and on. Druid is probably the largest offender.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Flying was in the game for longer than no-flying. So the no-flying people should've just stopped whining and quit the game, because maybe WoW is not the game for them. I enjoyed the endgame, where we could fly, more than the one where we can't. Yeah WoD was so loved right? Just like the AP grinding is in Legion.
    I am a pro-flyer. I've collected almost every flying mount in the game, and was the first to pitch a fit with WoD. Then, I grew up, put on my big boy jeans, and remembered it is only a GAME, and I am not a Dev. So if I want to play WoW, I need to roll with the changes. I've expressed my dismay with Pathfinder a million times, and finally just gave in and completed them both. Now, I enjoy the game and avoid no fly zones unless I absolutely have to be there.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The zones are still horrible without flying but you know...
    [Source Needed]

I was looking forward to asking druids to give me a ride on their spiffy class mounts that they got in 7.2 :3
    Cheese. Its amazing. Until your feet smell like it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Sorry to burst your snowflakey bubble, but this is not what we do. We just switch to token so that the load on the servers doesn't lessen due to the wing clip, but it's you wonderful people who so deeply enjoy getting crippled, that sponsor us with all the cash-bought tokens <3
    Hard to be a snowflake when me and 7 million other players are playing the game how it was designed and completing achievements without bitching about them. People whining for change... there are your actual snowflakes. Before you go tossing around buzzwords, you might want to learn their meaning and proper use.

Quote Originally Posted by Aelrine View Post
    They said this before in WoD.
    They found it a waste to fly over all the hand crafted content. Now they made a compromise with the achievement that shows you have been everywhere on foot and seen most of the world.
    That achievement is a waste of time if you go through all that to get flying only for them to release a bunch of content where you still can't fly. They are giving the illusion of compromise while being total dicks.

Argus is portal based.

Technically you'll have a port to go everywhere you need.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Joker- View Post
    I am a pro-flyer. I've collected almost every flying mount in the game, and was the first to pitch a fit with WoD. Then, I grew up, put on my big boy jeans, and remembered it is only a GAME, and I am not a Dev. So if I want to play WoW, I need to roll with the changes. I've expressed my dismay with Pathfinder a million times, and finally just gave in and completed them both. Now, I enjoy the game and avoid no fly zones unless I absolutely have to be there.
    So you've given up. Admirable.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuable Poster View Post
    [Source Needed]
    Well, go on the PTR and try for yourself if the servers are still up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    Well, go on the PTR and try for yourself if the servers are still up.
    Anecdotal Evidence isn't Real Evidence

7+ Year Old Account
    So you've given up. Admirable.
    Hardly call it giving up. More like growing up. I realized what was truly important to me, and what wasn't. I spent 2 years fighting with Blizzard, and anti-flyers on this very site. Then one day, I had an epiphany. I had been banned from BNet and MMO-C, blocked on Twitter by a handful of Devs, and even blocked from FB fan pages because of my need to FIGHT FOR FLIGHT!

It occurred to me: I am losing my shit and risking restraining orders and jail time for death threats... over a GAME. It's a damn GAME. If I want to fly, I can unlock it like everyone else. If I hate no fly zones, I will stay away from them.

So I stepped back, took a 6 month break from the game, and went and found some perspective... and a life. I told myself, "Well, you looked pretty fucking stupid attacking and threatening people over a damn video game." Since then, I offer my opinion and my counterpoint, but maintain perspective and dignity. I have no reason to get upset over some game mechanic. Floods, famine, terrorism, and the state of the world I live in are FAR more important than some storm crow I instantly pull outta my ass when I want to take off in a hurry.

So call me what you like. Insult me, or my morals, or my position. For the first time in a LONG time, I am happy playing the game and not hating everyone and everything because of the lack of flight. If more people stopped bitching and found something else to do for 6 months, I bet they too would gain some perspective and return to read their own posts and be ashamed of how they acted against their fellow players. My days of hating Devs and picking fights are over.

Deleted
    Hardly call it giving up. More like growing up.
    Well, at least you found a way to feel superior to other people.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, at least you found a way to feel superior to other people.
    It is not about superiority to others. It is about taking control of my own life. Are you so jaded by the web that everything reads like a personal attack? Maybe you should spend less time looking for the hate in the words and more time just responding to them as though they are written with genuine intent.

Either way, it seems we are done here. Have a nice day.

Deleted
    It is not about superiority to others. It is about taking control of my own life. Are you so jaded by the web that everything reads like a personal attack? Maybe you should spend less time looking for the hate in the words and more time just responding to them as though they are written with genuine intent.

Either way, it seems we are done here. Have a nice day.
    Yeah none of this is a good argument for no-flying. Try harder. But keep pointing out how much of a grown-up you are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Argus is portal based.

Technically you'll have a port to go everywhere you need.
    Don't be so sure that you'll have a port to everywhere you need. Most likely they will take you as close to your target as flight masters did. Not more, not less.

Deleted
    Grown Up please. This is not one of your useless thread made only to bitch for sport.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    Don't be so sure that you'll have a port to everywhere you need. Most likely they will take you as close to your target as flight masters did. Not more, not less.
    Pretty much this.

And just for haters without logic sense, the Whistle is even NOW better than flying in some scenarios.

It is just a teleport, and teleport > flight.

And if we translate this "mechanic" from a World we're you can fly to a new planet, hq of the enemies where maybe flying isn't safe, well gg

10+ Year Old Account
    No flying, enjoying it so far. The new zones feel huge.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..