Page 11 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Daaaaaw... look how cute Lil Butcher is.
    Maybe his mother named him and the little guy was already born with horns, so it would be a rather fitting name from her perspective ;P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    Velen isn't some generic scarlet crusader. Him questioning things is fine.
    Precisely blind Zealotry is quite dangerous.

blatantly obvious edgy jab at religion to slurp up and kiss ass to this new generation of fact haters.

7+ Year Old Account
    He named him "Butcher" in his tongue. That is how much he cared about him.

On Topic: Illidan propably had visions of Starcraft 2 epilogue and started projectile vomiting out of his eyes. Good on him.
    velen didnt name him butcher.

its a legion given name, just like jaraxxus.
    jaraxxus' real name is jarasum, he name changed when he joined the legion.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    velen didnt name him butcher.

its a legion given name, just like jaraxxus.
    jaraxxus' real name is jarasum, he name changed when he joined the legion.
    Thats why his echo is named Rakeesh while all others have their original name.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleJin View Post
    And so luciferian narration continues.
    yep, I noticed it as well

Deleted
    Heyo. Made an account after reading for a while, for this topic in particular. I'm going to express an unpopular opinion:

I... kind of hate this turn.

For one, pushing the light being corruptive and evil rubs me wrong.
    Sure, people have argued it's just the Naaru, or just one Naaru, but you can already see how many jumped on this idea, right? Not everyone likes a supposed "cosmic balance" that really only just turns everything into varying shades of bad rather than good. So, I hope, at some point, Velen turns around to Illidan and tells him how his faith has been tested but endures. I'm sick of that smug bastard.

Which brings me to what bothers me even more: The Illidan glorification.
    To me, Blizzard has it backwards. I didn't hate Xe'ra because of the prophecy, I hated her because she kept shilling Illidan. Having Illidan be the one to reject and kill her doesn't address the problem, it's the narrative shilling him even more. Even if he says there can be no chosen one... there obviously is. It's him. Even more than before. Because now it's clearly Blizzard whose chosen he is, not any force inside the narrative. It all comes down to him. And it's only going to get worse the more he's in the spotlight.

This is the first cutscene that legit pissed me off. I hate Illidan, and I hate his smug face and edgy attitude and I hate how we're supposed to think it's not about him when that's all it comes down to. I hope someone pushes back against him at some point.

Whew. Okay, rant over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Thats why his echo is named Rakeesh while all others have their original name.
    The echo is named Rakeesh because there's no other way we'd recognize him - he's not got any kind of unique model. Though I suppose a <Son of Velen> tag might've worked, that's not how it was done.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Deleted
    This cinematic is just terrible. Im sick of this Illidan righteous crap. Suddenly the terrible lore has become even worse with him just oneshotting her, and her trying to force it upon him is terrible too. And him rumbling about that stuff is just ridiculous.

Yet another attempt at making illidan seem like good guy and destroying all other lore in the process.

Illidan saying all those things and doing all those things is just... pure shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    He is not a zealot.

This. Nothing should sway him from trusting in his persuader after 10k years, no matter the methods, unless they violate fundamental values of his, as in hurting his people: turning a demon into a light-infused being? YES PLEASE? #Xe'ra did nothing wrong, at least in Light's believer eyes, as clearly shown by Turalyon.

I hope you see my point.
    You just said he is not a zealot, yet you insist he should behave like one. And for that matter, Xe'ra is violating his values. Rather aggressively so. He's not okay with others forcing their will on you. At all.

Turning a demon who has been willingly helping into a light-infused being against his will? No, not his idea of proper behaviour.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    Heyo. Made an account after reading for a while, for this topic in particular. I'm going to express an unpopular opinion:

I... kind of hate this turn.
    There is no turn, it was hinted since TBC. Blizzard used Babylon 5 references all the time regarding the Light and the Void. The Scarlet Crusade and the Twilight Vindicators are evil users of the Light.

Light is neither good nor evil, it's a neutral force that wants to impose its order. It's a cosmic battle between a imposing force and a corruptive force.

Quote Originally Posted by Tromage View Post
    Did you really type this shit, in a beleavers eyes forcing your view point upon somebody is a good thing rly??
    It's not about the why, it's about the ABILITY to do it. Whether it's good or bad is irrelevant (and greatly depends on your point of view, but that's not the point here), people will believe in the power displayed knowing that it exists and that it works.

There is no chosen one - only the 5-10 million players who keep the game running. :P

Deleted
    There's a difference between hinting and hitting you upside the head with it. Moreover, yes, this is a turn, because so far every single Naaru had been a benevolent force, sometimes unwillingly(!) spreading suffering because of cosmic laws outside their control. As long as other Naaru don't openly say Xe'ra worked on her own or was corrupted somehow and they don't endorse what she's done, they'll be looked at as potential villains more than forces of good. All to build up Illidan even more.

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashMetalFtw View Post
    Illidian catching the two-handed overhead swing of Turalyons' sword with one hand like it was nothing. Badassery.
    It's fucking stupid, but the retarded edgelords that worship Illidan will of course think this moronic thing is "badass".

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2017-08-29 at 10:22 PM. Reason: Received Infraction

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    There's a difference between hinting and hitting you upside the head with it. Moreover, yes, this is a turn, because so far every single Naaru had been a benevolent force, sometimes unwillingly(!) spreading suffering because of cosmic laws outside their control. As long as other Naaru don't openly say Xe'ra worked on her own or was corrupted somehow and they don't endorse what she's done, they'll be looked at as potential villains more than forces of good. All to build up Illidan even more.
    Several of us have been telling for years that Blizzard was building up the Light (Vorlon) vs the Void (Shadow) just like Babylon 5, with Velen being WoW's Valen. And now it's confirmed. It's not a surprise turn, it was there since day one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tirion before getting rosted: ''Stay Back, The light will protect me''

Said light doesn't do shit. Huh :thinking:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Engal View Post
    So.. Void can corrupt being, but not its opposite, the light?

Light can corrupt everything as much as void.
    Anything with power can corrupt, but the light is different than the void.

The light wants to preserve everything by all means, the void wants to corrupt everything by all means. Xe'ra is pure and good, the more accurate word is that she's shortsighted and set in her ways, then again what do you expect of a being that's been alive for thousands of years. I don't think for a second that she's evil and corrupt. Although I liked the cinematic, it would have been more interesting if Xe'ra was still alive, but god forbid, blizzard wouldn't take the risk of having to write correct lore surrounding her current and future role.
    Last edited by mmoc925aeb179c; 2017-08-29 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shampro View Post
    Tirion before getting rosted: ''Stay Back, The light will protect me''

Said light doesn't do shit. Huh :thinking:
    Turalyon got contacted by the Naaru when Lothar died. Why not before?

Deleted
    Perhaps for you. I could have done without that part, thank you. Also, it's really more the Illidan shilling p*ssing me off. With the Light v. Shadow thing, I can always go to the side while the Demon Hunters rage about how only their master knows the way and be all like "Aye, you do tha', I'll be healin' the sick and injured over here wi' me holy light, 'kay?"

7+ Year Old Account
    Illidan...you damned fool. What HAVE YOU DONE?!
    "Life is one long series of problems to solve. The more you solve, the better a man you become.... Tribulations spawn in life and over and over again we must stand our ground and face them."