Page 17 of 30 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hey, um, possible explosion coming to Crosby chemical plant, they lost power and therefore refrigeration ability of some pretty volatile stuff, so, yeah, keep an eye on that.

The next questions then would be “Is the Fed going to allow rebuilding in the 100-year flood zone?” Some of the most exclusive neighborhoods in Houston (as in one to more than 20 million dollar homes) are located smack dab in the middle of the 100-year flood zone.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    You mean like brag about how many people turned out to see him in Texas?

https://twitter.com/christinawilkie/...91642976256000
    I logged on to state this same sentiment. His propaganda person showing "large" crowds at a natural disaster.

Oh look a political rally after the flood. Stay classy Trumpkins.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Breccia View Post
    Whoa, check this out!

Freedom Caucus chair: Disaster funding doesn't need budget offsets

That's right, the Freedom Caucus has the opportunity to politicize the hurricane and blatantly refuses to do so, acting instead like decent human beings. Good on them.

- - - Updated - - -

For those of you who didn't know, the total real estate value of Texas (in 2015) was $1.3 trillion dollars.

So if, hypothetically, they lost half of that, that would be about the same as we spend on defense, or Medicare, or 70% of Social Security for one year.

I have no way of knowing how much of that is federally insured, privately insured, or uninsured. Just pointing out how huge of a number that is.
    Umm to be cynic. Is this because it is a red state?
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shon237 View Post
    Umm to be cynic. Is this because it is a red state?
    Probably not. Houston went pretty blue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I can't believe they actually came out and said something like that - it's almost, well, decent of them.
    Until California has a major Earthquake then its fuck them Liberals.

I kid I kid

I hope

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerfest View Post
    I think it's interesting seeing how Galveston and the rest of a conservative state like Texas is dealing with Harvey and how that contrasts so sharply with how a then-liberal city like New Orleans and state like Louisiana handled Katrina... particularly when it comes to the citizenry.
    Oops...

Maybe there are bad people who will take advantage of a terrible situation all around regardless of political affiliation, race or whatever.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Molis View Post
    Until California has a major Earthquake then its fuck them Liberals.

I kid I kid

I hope
    I wouldn't be surprised if that's what they actually think. Of course, they forget that Reagan, their Old-God, came from there-abouts.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by akris15 View Post
    Maybe there are bad people who will take advantage of a terrible situation all around regardless of political affiliation, race or whatever.
    And I think it's awesome that, like your document says, Harris County will add more jail time for crimes committed in the disaster area. This is why I like Texas.

So the Orange Turd did no meet with ONE SINGLE victim. GG
    Democrats are the best! I will never ever question a Democrat again. I LOVE the Democrats!

10+ Year Old Account
    Well let's be honest, it is far better that he meat one victim than one hundred. Trump might claim to be a builder -- funny, he outsourced designing the Wall to complete strangers -- but if you just lost everything in a Biblical-level flood, a 71-year-old obese man who lacks the stamina to climb a small hill is probably the least valuable help you'd want around. Related, I somehow doubt that someone who just lost everything in a Biblical-level flood, when asked what would help, would start with "Fuck my house and job, I want to meet Trump". Shaking hands with a celebrity is fun and all, but I suspect it would be small comfort to the person who just lost everything and also there might be alligators, fire ants, and photoshopped sharks.

Related: Harvey has shut down the largest oil refinery in the US, but 13 thousand people have been rescued.

- - - Updated - - -

This tweet aged well.

- - - Updated - - -

As the storm makes landfall a second time, residents brace http://www.cnn.com/eaf8d753-0e80-4564-b61a-07daf6811051]FUCK FUCK ANOTHER ONE FUCK

CNN stupid picture link is broken, but if you click on it you'll see the issue.
    Last edited by Breccia; 2017-08-30 at 03:26 PM.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Well let's be honest, it is far better that he meat one victim than one hundred. Trump might claim to be a builder -- funny, he outsourced designing the Wall to complete strangers -- but if you just lost everything in a Biblical-level flood, a 71-year-old obese man who lacks the stamina to climb a small hill is probably the least valuable help you'd want around. Related, I somehow doubt that someone who just lost everything in a Biblical-level flood, when asked what would help, would start with "Fuck my house and job, I want to meet Trump". Shaking hands with a celebrity is fun and all, but I suspect it would be small comfort to the person who just lost everything and also there might be alligators, fire ants, and photoshopped sharks.

Related: Harvey has shut down the largest oil refinery in the US, but 13 thousand people have been rescued.
    To be fair, any president visiting actual victims will just get in the way. The entourage required for a president (even a false one) to go anywhere is nuts, and I'm sure the USSS advised against actually going to where victims were being herded.

This tweet aged well.

[url=https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/263280672146337792?lang=en]
    Lol.

As the storm makes landfall a second time, residents brace http://www.cnn.com/eaf8d753-0e80-4564-b61a-07daf6811051]FUCK FUCK ANOTHER ONE FUCK
    I can't believe it's coming back around. That area is going to be fucked for years. IIRC, after major flooding, most buildings aren't inhabitable. And this is our 4th largest city.
    Last edited by cubby; 2017-08-30 at 03:22 PM.

Yep, lots of commentary of his speech and the lack of empathy, compassion, and caring that it had. Coupled with his apparent failure to meet with victims at all and it sure doesn't do anything to change the continuing picture of Trump as an uncaring individual who is largely lacking in the capacity to have empathy for others, especially others he doesn't personally know.

This tweet aged well.

Is there a single tweet of his related to Obama/past presidents that has? : P

10+ Year Old Account
    Texas has activated 12,000 National Guard members, then realized they had 14,000 instead, and are now asking for 10,000 more from nearby states.

This is half of the number activated in Katrina, so don't be surprised if more still are called.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Yep, lots of commentary of his speech and the lack of empathy, compassion, and caring that it had. Coupled with his apparent failure to meet with victims at all and it sure doesn't do anything to change the continuing picture of Trump as an uncaring individual who is largely lacking in the capacity to have empathy for others, especially others he doesn't personally know.

Is there a single tweet of his related to Obama/past presidents that has? : P
    The Law of Trump: For every action, there is a past tweet of him contradicting himself into a massive hypocrite.

https://www.apnews.com/83e6782d48e04993a741b834771c078b

So...House budget apparently cuts $1B from FEMA to pay for the wall...that timing sure is awkward.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://www.apnews.com/83e6782d48e04993a741b834771c078b

So...House budget apparently cuts $1B from FEMA to pay for the wall...that timing sure is awkward.
    No more so than Trump getting rid of an Obama requirement that all rebuilt infrastructure following a disaster be built to a specification that would withstand said disaster. That was just two weeks ago.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican TX Rep Brian Babin trapped by Harvey inside his house.

Oh, and don't suggest this is karma for voting against the Sandy bill. He wasn't elected till 2015. This is just "it can happen to anyone".

I'm not really on board with the idea of being against Trump for going to Texas - sure, we can come up with all kinds of reasoning in this way or another for how it maybe makes things harder for them, or doesn't actually do much good for them, but we kind of expect our leaders to come see things firsthand. We'd be calling Trump a distant sociopath if he didn't visit Texas.

Obama went to see Sandy, and he got love from both sides of the aisle. Bush may have flubbed Katrina, but the way he handled 9/11 was above and beyond. I still remember him getting on that mound at ground zero. That was an unforgettable moment that made your skin tingle, and when you imagine what his security had to have been like at that time, there's no way it didn't shit all over everything they were trying to do at the ruins of the WTC that day. But it didn't change that it was an amazing thing.

But Trump is no Obama, and he's certainly no 9/11 George W. Bush. This is where his Texas trip has utterly failed. He has shown no emotion or feeling. If there are any victims, Trump hasn't shown much awareness that they exist. His speeches have been self-congratulatory and self-promoting. He was more delighted that people came over to see him than he was concerned about how they were doing. And that's where his going to Texas became a complete waste - he is a sociopath, and he apparently can't even put on a good show to the contrary.

10+ Year Old Account
    People have learned to see past Trump's facade and grandstanding, no one wants to deal with that shit during costliest hurricane in US history. Its really no wonder that no one wants or is complaining about Trump and Texas. The further way he stays the better so real genuine people can do what they have to do.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Grapemask View Post
    I'm not really on board with the idea of being against Trump for going to Texas - sure, we can come up with all kinds of reasoning in this way or another for how it maybe makes things harder for them, or doesn't actually do much good for them, but we kind of expect our leaders to come see things firsthand. We'd be calling Trump a distant sociopath if he didn't visit Texas.

Obama went to see Sandy, and he got love from both sides of the aisle. Bush may have flubbed Katrina, but the way he handled 9/11 was above and beyond. I still remember him getting on that mound at ground zero. That was an unforgettable moment that made your skin tingle, and when you imagine what his security had to have been like at that time, there's no way it didn't shit all over everything they were trying to do at the ruins of the WTC that day. But it didn't change that it was an amazing thing.

But Trump is no Obama, and he's certainly no 9/11 George W. Bush. This is where his Texas trip has utterly failed. He has shown no emotion or feeling. If there are any victims, Trump hasn't shown much awareness that they exist. His speeches have been self-congratulatory and self-promoting. He was more delighted that people came over to see him than he was concerned about how they were doing. And that's where his going to Texas became a complete waste - he is a sociopath, and he apparently can't even put on a good show to the contrary.
    Agreed. I haven't heard calls for him not to be there from local authorities like we heard during the floods when he was campaigning. Visiting the area is fine, I just wish he would stop being trump while he's there and quit bragging about himself. Frankly, I think him visiting the area is a good thing, as it might stir him to follow through with the recovery. Here's hoping.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..