Quote Originally Posted by tetrisGOAT View Post
    Also, unrelated, my birthday is coming up in the foreseeable future. Can't say I am thrilled to leave my 20s.
    Happy early birthday! (Feels like there should be a word similar to belated, but for being early, but none strike the right tone. Premature? Nah, wrong tone.)

Hitting 30 never really struck me as a big deal, it was just another +1 age. Mid 30s and I'm starting to think about it more, but not because of "I feel old" so much as reflection of my time on Earth being finite and thinking maybe I could be doing a better job utilizing it. (It's reflection rather than depression, I hasten to add.) I like taking the safe route, but other times I worry I'll regret not taking chances later in life.

I'm great at analysis paralysis! (Relevant: "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice!")

As for natural disasters, Sweden is spared and suffered a freak earthquake in the southern end (where I live) ten years ago. That's basically the extent of natural disasters (outside of storms blowing down forests every 5 years) over the last 200 years.
    I've been lucky enough to avoid living through any natural disasters. *knocks on wood*

Quote Originally Posted by evn View Post
    I assume if that ever happened again I could just hop in my car drive to the nearest functioning airport (even if it's somewhere down in the Carolinas, I can be there in a day) and then just blow a couple of weeks working remotely from a resort in Jamaica waiting for the power to come back. Maybe I should prepare a bit: gas generator, propane heater, and some water / ramen noodles stowed away, just in case I can't get out right away.
    That sounds like quite an expensive (albeit comfortable!) solution!

Aside, ugh, ramen. I ate way too much of that in college - I get an immediate negative reaction to the thought of eating more of it. Well, unless it is authentic ramen - completely different story, that!

10+ Year Old Account
    Actual Ramen is really good.
    We have a Santouka here, which is a very well known chain from Japan.
    Also had some from different places in Japan and every region pretty much has their own take of it. It's awesome.

15+ Year Old Account
    If it makes anyone feel better, I too sit on a gtx 680.

I definitely could benefit from an upgrade, but alas, funds have to go elsewhere.
    Also, unrelated, my birthday is coming up in the foreseeable future. Can't say I am thrilled to leave my 20s.

As for natural disasters, Sweden is spared and suffered a freak earthquake in the southern end (where I live) ten years ago. That's basically the extent of natural disasters (outside of storms blowing down forests every 5 years) over the last 200 years.
    I am on my 6950(with unlocked shaders). My 280x ended up breaking on me, and I definitely don't have enough money to replace it. I am glad I have a backup.

I will share you guys the pictures I have from hurricane Ike if you want, as soon as I get back to work so I can scan them.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

So I just finished ending B in Neir Automata. I decided I'd take a quick peek at C before going to bed. Yeah, uh, it definitely was not quick.

This game continues to blow my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I am on my 6950(with unlocked shaders). My 280x ended up breaking on me, and I definitely don't have enough money to replace it. I am glad I have a backup.

I will share you guys the pictures I have from hurricane Ike if you want, as soon as I get back to work so I can scan them.
    I'd send you my pair of engineering sample 1GB 6950 and ASUS DCuIII 6970 if I could find them and afford the postage, but I think neither is plausible. Shame, you could've run tri-fire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alindra View Post
    So I just finished ending B in Neir Automata. I decided I'd take a quick peek at C before going to bed. Yeah, uh, it definitely was not quick.

This game continues to blow my mind.
    It's a great game with some very weird shit. If you've ever played other Yoko Taro games you'll probably be expecting it.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well...

My raiding guild basically just died because the officers all gave up after the guild leader jumped and quit and left with all the gold.
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like you got 5 years more than i did.
    ?

I only joined these guys 2 months ago, but came here because I am friends with an officer since Wrath on Zul'jin US.
    "A flower.

I got a new toy

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/05sMW

I'll sort out the image embedding when I get home from work this evening.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler Log View Post
    I got a new toy

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/05sMW

I'll sort out the image embedding when I get home from work this evening.
    I thought you were showing us your cooler.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    I thought you were showing us your cooler.
    Any pictures of computers with noctua coolers look like pictures of noctua coolers

10+ Year Old Account
    Wait, you mean it wasn't for the Noctua? Well, screw you too then. Lol.

15+ Year Old Account
    Any pictures of computers with noctua coolers look like pictures of noctua coolers
    I saw the title after the pictures.

In other news I can see the sun.

@Remilia @evn
    I've actually never played either a Yoko Taro or Platinum Games game, so I'm not sure where to attribute it's excellence. It's probably one of those games where it is better then the sum of its parts. (I was looking forward to Scalebound... alas, RIP. )

Also, Auto Heal +6 is broken af, lol.

Nice! Just out of curiosity, did you change your mind on card? You mentioned buying Asus, but what's pictured is Noctua Gigabyte. I've personally had good luck with Gigabyte, both graphics cards and motherboards. *knock on wood*

10+ Year Old Account
    Yoko Taro is more to do with story where as Platinum for their gameplay.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    Yoko Taro is more to do with story where as Platinum for their gameplay.
    Oh for sure, I'm familiar enough with both to know where their expertise lies. I guess I was musing if the game would have come out as well if either of the two had been changed, or if the specific combination of the two brought out something better than they could have otherwise achieved. Even given my lack of previous experience with the two, I'm leaning towards no. The story and other peculiarities Yoko Taro brought added the spice that's keeping me guessing on what to expect. It's playing by a different rule book, so it's not falling into the same formulaic designs I've seen many times. Likewise, the game play & spectacle has been fulfilling as well.

If I had to pick, though, I'd probably say that the story is the more defining element than gameplay.

(I still wish I could zoom out a bit more in combat to see things better, but that's a minor gripe. Yes, I saw the option for it, but even when I cranked it up, I didn't noticed a difference.)

+1. Neir has a great musical score (I went to a live performance on a date, I didn't know anything about the game) but it's got 'bad' gameplay: there are large parts that just aren't fun. The story was good: sad, but good.
    I completely forgot to mention the music in Automata, and it's phenomenal as well.

(I laughed at the MG clip where Raiden started running down the building, hah!)

Taking Platinum's gameplay and Yoko Taro's story and mashing them together should be awesome but I probably won't get a chance to play it until around Christmas.
    Well that's a shame. I hope your Christmas break is a long one, because (at least for me) it hasn't been a short game. I'm about 45 hours in, so far - but I've been dawdling a bit, hammering out all most of the side quests, and just enjoying myself in general.

It's kind of strange, I have a lot of games I want to play (and even own), but I'm not always willing to start an adventure that I know will keep me occupied for a month or more. (I'm looking at you ME series, Witcher 3, XCom (started, never finished), XCom 2... don't look at me like that, Steam sales!) I haven't decided what I'll play next, but I may switch things up and go Doom 2016.

10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY smokes. I cannot believe I had to write the post I just did in this thread. Pathetic!

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...1#post47241148
    "A flower.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't even look at it till now. :P
    By the thread title I can already guess the content and I hate being right on that...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    I didn't even look at it till now. :P
    By the thread title I can already guess the content and I hate being right on that...
    It's ok I got you covered.

Quote Originally Posted by Artorius View Post
    It's ok I got you covered.
    It actually surprised me, since you've said you gave up on the computer forum.

Proposal to restart this thread over on some other website (Mastadon? Reddit? fucking anything?)…
    There's nothing of value left on MMOC.
    Question, what benefit would there be to moving the thread elsewhere? Assuming that you only come to MMO for this thread, how would moving it affect the interactions that take place?