Poll: Which expac did you dislike more?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which Was Worse: Cata -vs- WoD

Which expansion did you dislike more and why? For me, it was Cataclysm because of the overall non-raid content difficulty and the rep grinds. Also the questing was annoying with the overuse of the new (at the time) ingame cutscenes.

Deleted
    Apart from Dragon Soul, Cataclysm was an amazing expansion with challenging dungeon prenerf and fantastic raids

davidbane123
    Legion....

Cataclysm brought so much good stuff, even thou the last patch lasted abit too long with nothing else much to do. But introduction with Transmog gave my entire server a reason to do old raids again. The raids were enjoyable imo and the class mechanics couldnt be more enjoyable (ofc its very subjective).

WOD... well... leveling system were perfection!! I liked demo warlocks in Blackrock Foundry... and thats bout it what I can say nice things bout WOD really.

Quote Originally Posted by Theprejudice View Post
    Apart from Dragon Soul, Cataclysm was an amazing expansion with challenging dungeon prenerf and fantastic raids
    I agree with this. But the scene changes in Cata were also really bad... *sob*
    World of Warcraft (Retail): Frostmourne - Alliance
    World of Warcraft (Classic): Remulos - Alliance

Why are people obsessed with complaining and depressing themselves? Stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by soulzek View Post
    Which expansion did you dislike more and why? For me, it was Cataclysm because of the overall non-raid content difficulty and the rep grinds. Also the questing was annoying with the overuse of the new (at the time) ingame cutscenes.
    Take it you never did the rep grinds in WoD then - go grind mobs in an area for like 10hrs for a generic looking boar recolour.........

Cata was way nicer than WoD, it refreshed the entire game. Levellnig in WoD was nice however, but as a mount collector jeeeeeez WoD sucked, not only in terms of diversity but also the grind to get them in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    Why are people obsessed with complaining and depressing themselves? Stupid.
    Depends on your definition of "complaining and depressing." Because I am simply stating that I miss Vanilla Azeroth. But I am not depressed. *sob* was just a joke.

I have no complaints about anything really though. I feel a loyalty to WoW and play as much as possible despite any change.

Quote Originally Posted by Xelium View Post
    Depends on your definition of "complaining and depressing."
    I mean opening a thread solely for the puprose of deliberately focussing on how much one disliked things. It's such a silly thing to do. Add on top the fact that it specifically focuses on content that's not even current any more. What the hell? I'm sure everybody here already whined out their soul on MMO-C multiple times over how terrible, terrible Cata and WoD were and how heartbreaking it was.

A lot of people just can't get enough of being negative, they have to drag themselves down constantly and don't notice how much it's become a sick pattern. It strikes me as absurd that someone would open a thread dedicated to talking about how much you disliked the one or the other expansion. But here we are.

Cataclysm is actually my favoritie expansion, so there you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pull My Finger View Post
    I mean opening a thread solely for the puprose of deliberately focussing on how much one disliked things. It's such a silly thing to do. Add on top the fact that it specifically focuses on content that's not even current any more. What the hell? I'm sure everybody here already whined out their soul on MMO-C multiple times over how terrible, terrible Cata and WoD were and how heartbreaking it was.

A lot of people just can't get enough of being negative, they have to drag themselves down constantly and don't notice how much it's become a sick pattern. It strikes me as absurd that someone would open a thread dedicated to talking about how much you disliked the one or the other expansion. But here we are.
    I guess. Most of my threads are: What do you want most/What is your favourite... etc.

15+ Year Old Account
    Between those two, I disliked WoD more. Cataclysm wasn't great, but I enjoyed raiding during it. I actually ended up quitting raiding and then lwaving the game all together during WoD. I came back during Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tutorialblox View Post
    Legion....
    Agreed. So bad I [think] I quit for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoyi View Post
    Between those two, I disliked WoD more. Cataclysm wasn't great, but I enjoyed raiding during it. I actually ended up quitting raiding and then lwaving the game all together during WoD. I came back during Legion.
    Have to agree with this... But I have never quit WoW in any expansion... I just don't bother to do the content till next expansion is out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm felt like a much more complete expansion. Dragon Soul was the only real downside to the expansion that sort of soured it. A boring raid with pencil lore bosses and a wasted villain. The troll patch wasn't anything major to speak of, but the new ZA/ZG were alright dungeons. Other than those two things, the zones, dungeons, raids, and firelands were all more or less fine.

WoD felt like ...a third of a really good expansion. The zones were good, the storytelling was good (though the whole time-traveling thing just to get gul'dan back into the picture seems really irrelevant in the long run) the raids that we got were good... it's just... that was about it. It had three raids over the course of the entire expansion; Most other expansions have had twice that number. There were no intermittent patches of real substance between release and the final patch. At least Cataclysm had three raids at release and got dungeons and a raid in the interim before the final patch.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

WoD, this is not even a competition. The worst part about Cata was the Mass Effect 3 like let-down at the end.

WoD had far more badly-realized features.
    Garrisons weren't fun on top of lasting too long.
    Dragon Soul was fun but then lasted too long.

Big difference and clear winner here.

Without a single doubt in my mind at all Warlords of Draenor was the bigger failure.

Cataclysm atleast featured Blizzard attempting to try.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cataclysm shipped with 5 leveling zones, 2 completely new races with their starting expeiences, revamped the entire old world's quest content and still had more raid tiers than WoD. They also released the Firelands. Cata had its problems but at least you could blame them on the split focus on producing lower level content and rebuiilding two entire continents for flying.

WoD was rushed, unfinished, cut massive corners, pinned all its progression on a grindy and un-fun single-expansion system. It felt like they had given up. Long breaks with no content. The end-zone of the expansion was a cut launch zone. No capital cities. New Blood Elves not ready until 6.1. etc. IT was also a bunch of arbitrary timey-wimey filler bullshit that Blizzard justified with "because cool". Yeah, nah.

All that said Legion is a good expansion. You can't fault them for righting the ship.
    Knowledge is power, and power corrupts. So study hard and be evil.

Deleted
    For me Cata was amazing because it was my first wow experience. For me Cata is like Vanilla for others