Page 1 of 7
... LastLast
    Deleted

Question to Slavic folks

Any Slavs here?

I have a few simple questions for you:

What makes you support the European Union more than a potential Slavic Union/Federation?

What have other Slavs done to you that is even comparable to what west-European powers have historically done that you can therefore use it as an excuse to choose them over other Slavs as your allies?

What benefits (other than monetary) do you get from west-European alliances than Slavic alliances?

Have a go at it, if any of you roam the forums nowadays.

10+ Year Old Account
    I imagine because the last Slavic Union was the Soviet Union and it sucked donkey dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirkza View Post
    Any Slavs here?

I have a few simple questions for you:

What makes you support the European Union more than a potential Slavic Union/Federation?

What have other Slavs done to you that is even comparable to what west-European powers have historically done that you can therefore use it as an excuse to choose them over other Slavs as your allies?

What benefits (other than monetary) do you get from west-European alliances than Slavic alliances?

Have a go at it, if any of you roam the forums nowadays.
    Not a Slav, but I can talk about Greece since it's in a weird limbo where it's not a part of "Western Europe", but also not a Slavic nation.

Apparently a few self-important Europeans don't consider Greece part of the West anymore, which is a hilariously odd view, considering history.

I guess we're not a part of the same Germanic cultures that make up the majority of the EU. We do share a lot in common with Slavic countries (religion, shared history regarding the Ottomans, culture, etc).

In theory I'd think Greece would fit in better with eastern countries, but a lot of Greeks nowadays have, for lack of a better term, "sold out" to try and be as western as they can. However, I'd also worry if Greece joined a Slavic union that it would be the odd man out and mistreated as a result. I've seen some pretty vile comments from pan-Slavists about what they think of the other peoples of Eastern Europe.

But yeah, at the end of the day, it is all about money. That's why Quisling governments sell out to foreign Western interests at the drop of a hat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nathreim View Post
    I imagine because the last Slavic Union was the Soviet Union and it sucked donkey dick.
    It had nothing to do with Slavic unity. It was an ideological union that has done damage to every country. If we united today, there'd be no resemblance to the Soviet Union as nobody (hopefully) would want communism and totalitarianism back.

Now, I wonder why say, Polish people hate Russians more than Germans. I really do. Germans have been their enemies for ages, not to mention in WWII (which was recent) where they ripped apart Poland like nobody in history combined. Who knows the answer to this? It's just one of the great mysteries of the world.

By Slavs who do you mean, currently I am living in Ukraine and been with a Slavic woman for two years. She's proud of her country and her parents remember the horrors of the USSR. I get told stories all the time, one is they didn't even know what toilet paper was until after Ukraine got its independence. They would use old books and news paper.

Now other countries fillnof Slavs like Belarus are closer to Russia than the west and of course Russia is full of Slavs. So which group are you asking about.

It's almost like asking white people why do you like france better than Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post
    Not a Slav, but I can talk about Greece since it's in a weird limbo where it's not a part of "Western Europe", but also not a Slavic nation.

Apparently a few self-important Europeans don't consider Greece part of the West anymore, which is a hilariously odd view, considering history.

I guess we're not a part of the same Germanic cultures that make up the majority of the EU. We do share a lot in common with Slavic countries (religion, shared history regarding the Ottomans, culture, etc).

In theory I'd think Greece would fit in better with eastern countries, but a lot of Greeks nowadays have, for lack of a better term, "sold out" to try and be as western as they can. However, I'd also worry if Greece joined a Slavic union that it would be the odd man out and mistreated as a result. I've seen some pretty vile comments from pan-Slavists about what they think of the other peoples of Eastern Europe.

But yeah, at the end of the day, it is all about money. That's why Quisling governments sell out to foreign Western interests at the drop of a hat.
    Well geographically and historically Greece really is pretty Eastern European and if there wasn't such a negative connotation of Eastern European I'm pretty sure they would embrace it. I really wish this negative connotation would go away. Eastern Europa has a very rich and amazing history and is generally full of amazing good people.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by atsawin26 View Post

Greece is the birthplace of European culture and values. "The West" has been hijacked by the Anglo-Saxons in order to feel pride. Before the year 1000, they knew as much about culture and civilization as your neighbour's dog. That's why they want to be part of the rich and deep history that has been established by Southern and South-Eastern Europeans, in particular the Greeks and Romans. They don't wish to feel that all they are doing is mirroring them; no, they want to feel as if they are a total part of it and today the centre of it. It's inferiority-complex at its best.

That said, I would never want non-Slavic countries in a Slavic union as that simply isn't what such a union should be about. It isn't about being all-inclusive, but making Slavs one and together for all times to come. We have nothing to seek in the future without a collective fight. All we are right now are puppets of the political West. Nothing else. My country is literally a Western experiment. If they want tensions, they'll create them. If they want war, they'll create it. If they want to partition the country, it'll happen. They simply use Slavs as tools. Look at how they're forcing Slavic countries to take migrants so as to be their f*king janitors. "Hey, we bombed a few Middle Eastern countries and now people are (surprisingly, LOL!) fleeing... would you mind taking them in? Fair share and quotas and all that, you mind? Yes? WHY!!! OK WE GOTTA ENFORCE QUOTAS ON YOU!! UR IN OUR UNION AND GOT NO CHOICE!!!"

Seriously, I don't get Slavs. Lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Annamarine View Post
    By Slavs who do you mean, currently I am living in Ukraine and been with a Slavic woman for two years. She's proud of her country and her parents remember the horrors of the USSR. I get told stories all the time, one is they didn't even know what toilet paper was until after Ukraine got its independence. They would use old books and news paper.

Now other countries fillnof Slavs like Belarus are closer to Russia than the west and of course Russia is full of Slavs. So which group are you asking about.

It's almost like asking white people why do you like france better than Germany.
    EVERY Slavic group as a collective. Why don't Slavs just forget the past and move on for a better collective future? We CANNOT be independent. We're small and weak as individual countries (except Russia, but even they are not powerful enough alone) and susceptible to foreign influence and control. IF we want alliances, why opt for the shitty EU and America rather than look for each other? The USSR and Russia have nothing to do with each other. That's the past. USSR was an ideological state that wanted Communism everywhere. Russia isn't like that.

Greece is the birthplace of European culture and values. "The West" has been hijacked by the Anglo-Saxons in order to feel pride. Before the year 1000, they knew as much about culture and civilization as your neighbour's dog. That's why they want to be part of the rich and deep history that has been established by Southern and South-Eastern Europeans, in particular the Greeks and Romans. They don't wish to feel that all they are doing is mirroring them; no, they want to feel as if they are a total part of it and today the centre of it. It's inferiority-complex at its best.

That said, I would never want non-Slavic countries in a Slavic union as that simply isn't what such a union should be about. It isn't about being all-inclusive, but making Slavs one and together for all times to come. We have nothing to seek in the future without a collective fight. All we are right now are puppets of the political West. Nothing else. My country is literally a Western experiment. If they want tensions, they'll create them. If they want war, they'll create it. If they want to partition the country, it'll happen. They simply use Slavs as tools. Look at how they're forcing Slavic countries to take migrants so as to be their f*king janitors. "Hey, we bombed a few Middle Eastern countries and now people are (surprisingly, LOL!) fleeing... would you mind taking them in? Fair share and quotas and all that, you mind? Yes? WHY!!! OK WE GOTTA ENFORCE QUOTAS ON YOU!! UR IN OUR UNION AND GOT NO CHOICE!!!"

- - - Updated - - -

EVERY Slavic group as a collective. Why don't Slavs just forget the past and move on for a better collective future? We CANNOT be independent. We're small and weak as individual countries (except Russia, but even they are not powerful enough alone) and susceptible to foreign influence and control. IF we want alliances, why opt for the shitty EU and America rather than look for each other? The USSR and Russia have nothing to do with each other. That's the past. USSR was an ideological state that wanted Communism everywhere. Russia isn't like that.

I'm in your countries stealing your womens))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    Would Slavs ever want a union? Historically the Balkan people have hated each others guts and wanted to invade each other pretty much continuously. We only like each other for Eurovision (or we like the countries that we do not share a border with)
    Slavs do want a union, but not with each other. That's what is sad.

Western Europe has never been good toward us, and YET we find them as our allies today rather than each other.

Back when the Ottoman Empire invaded Eastern Europe, the West stood careless and offered zero help. In WW1 and 2, they tried fucking us over badly. They failed. Exactly why do we forget THAT past but always remember what we did to each other? The West has fucked us a lot more than we have each other.

For the record, if the USSR should be hated for anything, that is for not flattetning Germany. It speaks much about us Slavs that Germany exists to this day to day. We forgive and forget everyone and everything except what we have done to each other. lol.

- - - Updated - - -

Ukraine will never forgive or forget what Russia did to her. From the Holodomor where people were not allowed to eat what they grew, to more recent events where Russia stole land and is supporting invaders. I know the hatred for Russia is strong and Ukraine is proud

10+ Year Old Account
    It had nothing to do with Slavic unity. It was an ideological union that has done damage to every country. If we united today, there'd be no resemblance to the Soviet Union as nobody (hopefully) would want communism and totalitarianism back.

Now, I wonder why say, Polish people hate Russians more than Germans. I really do. Germans have been their enemies for ages, not to mention in WWII (which was recent) where they ripped apart Poland like nobody in history combined. Who knows the answer to this? It's just one of the great mysteries of the world.
    If we're talking about recent history, you know who helped the germans carve up Poland and took half of it? Also even more recent history one could argue that there are still a lot of people around that learned to hate the russians, while most who learned to hate germans are dead by now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Six years of Nazis, fifty years of soviets?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pannonian View Post
    If we're talking about recent history, you know who helped the germans carve up Poland and took half of it? Also even more recent history one could argue that there are still a lot of people around that learned to hate the russians, while most who learned to hate germans are dead by now.
    The USSR did what was necessary to ward off the German threat. They didn't partition Poland in other to harm it.

Nice try though!

Also, why wasn't the hatred of the "old guard" who experienced first hand the German terror not passed on to this generation? Didn't they ever hear what Germany did to them? Or was it only hateful storytelling of Russia?

Slavic union is crap. Slavic union = Russia and its slaves.

If you think that slavs are one friendly family then you are wrong. From history viewpoint even Germans are closer to us (Czechs) than our eastern or southern slavic "brothers"

10+ Year Old Account
    The USSR did what was necessary to ward off the German threat. They didn't partition Poland in other to harm it.

Nice try though!

Also, why wasn't the hatred of the "old guard" who experienced first hand the German terror not passed on to this generation? Didn't they ever hear what Germany did to them? Or was it only hateful storytelling of Russia?
    Are you now claiming that the annexion of half of poland was a defensive action? So... the same goes for the germans too i suppose in this case?

Why would want to remind the youth of the cruelty of the germans when they can see the cruelty of the russians every day?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post

If you think that slavs are one friendly family then you are wrong. From history viewpoint even Germans are closer to us (Czechs) than our eastern or southern slavic "brothers"
    Oh come on, in your hearts you're still austrians!

Deleted
    Are you now claiming that the annexion of half of poland was a defensive action? So... the same goes for the germans too i suppose in this case?

Why would want to remind the youth of the cruelty of the germans when they can see the cruelty of the russians every day?
    Germany absolutely destroyed Poland. They ruined their infrastructure, stole and shattered their art, built concentration camps and abhorrently massacred its Jewish population. Are you comparing that to the Soviet Union drawing a defensive line? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

OOOH let's not forget that Western powers promised to defend Poland. They didn't. Why join their union today, then? Where's the anger? ;(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cizr View Post

I'm sure they are. The only thing you are known for in the world is being toyed around by Germany.

Obviously you can find a way to blame Russians for that too. Just be creative, and you can do it for sure!

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post
    Six years of Nazis, fifty years of soviets?
    Are you comparing the 6 years of Nazis with 50 years of soviets? Seriously, are you?

If you had to choose to live under one of those two periods, would you face a dilemma?

10+ Year Old Account
    Germany absolutely destroyed Poland. They ruined their infrastructure, stole and shattered their art, built concentration camps and abhorrently massacred its Jewish population. Are you comparing that to the Soviet Union drawing a defensive line? Pleeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaase.

OOOH let's not forget that Western powers promised to defend Poland. They didn't. Why join their union today, then? Where's the anger? ;(

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sure they are. The only thing you are known for in the world is being toyed around by Germany.

Obviously you can find a way to blame Russians for that too. Just be creative, and you can do it for sure!
    Whatever floats your boat. You asked why polish don't hate germans more than russians, i gave you a reason that both were invading and annexing their country, and while of course the Nazis were savages, but they were gone after 6 years, while the russians stayed for another 35.

I mostly blame older generations and medias, as they create hate and envy among Slavs - in my case Balkan people.

From Young age Your environment tells You we should hate each other, and it takes time to realize how big bullshiet that is, but You grow up with it, You grow up hating someone without any reason, in the end its all politics for someone else gain, not people in general.

Problem is Slavs cant be in union together as only them, but when someone else orders us then we obey and act nice as we are ashamed to appear in "bad light", so thats why West and EU is what we aim for - and of course, dream of bigger and better life standard.

The West is rich and the East is poor. Why join a poor people when you can join a rich people?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Deleted
    Whatever floats your boat. You asked why polish don't hate germans more than russians, i gave you a reason that both were invading and annexing their country, and while of course the Nazis were savages, but they were gone after 6 years, while the russians stayed for another 35.
    Okay, and again we're comparing 6 years of total demolition, making a huge graveyard of Polish people vaporizing their Jewish population with a few decades of socialism and totalitarianism? I hate far-left ideologies as much as possible, but there is no dilemma over what I'd choose here if I had to. There's also no dilemma as to what part I'd remember the most. There's also no dilemma as to what I would forgive and forget, and what I would not.

Polish people also don't have a dilemma. But they choose the wrong options.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    The West is rich and the East is poor. Why join a poor people when you can join a rich people?
    Eastern Europe isn't poor. Only a few countries (Western Europe and couple of others) have better standards. Other than that we are far above the world. Even places that are richer (due to oil primarily) are worse. Take Kuwait. Horrible country, but rich.

So don't call us poor.

That said, read the OP again.