Page 29 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    "And I would do aaaaanything for Azeroth!
    Oh, I would do anything for Azeroth!
    I would do anything for Azeroth...
    But I won't do that."

Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    Look at the video 2:02-2:03 , He was like "hmmm what is she going to do ?"
    He has some interesting sentences in the following quests, e.g.:

'Even the Light Mother could not be allowed to force destiny upon us.'
    '...but I too have had choices imposed upon me by the naaru.'
    Crimea is Ukraine!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    He has a story conclusion delude yourself further. It changes nothing
    No one thought that Illidan will be back after BC , we all thought he died and his story was ended ... Yet he came back

And please give me a source that his story ends completely in Legion (I know he'll imprison Sargy and all , Doesn't mean he will be away forever or something)
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2017-08-30 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    He killed hundreds in Outlands as well to power his portals. He is OK with sacrificing everyone else, just not himself.
    Make that thousands, not to mention he transformed people against their will with magtheridon's fel blood. It really is too bad illidan was the one to reveal a different side of the light.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Roudene View Post
    Oh, look. Even in this cinematic Illi had to remind us how he sacrificed his freedom and his sight. He's such a sucker for attention. "I have sacrificed everything, what have you given?!"

That little speech is actually rich coming from him - isn't he the one who forced (read - killed) his pople to empower him?

And Velen is back to watching while doing nothing again? I understand that Turalyon was (still is?) a puppet and Alleria is Windrunner afterall so she must be a b*tch but at least Velen who suspected Xe'ra to be suspicious should have done something.

Glad to see that annoying sparkle gone tho. Can't wait to see Illi's ultimate sacrifice in a cinematic as well.
    It's hypocrisy, plain and simple. He can kill his followers for power, because "there is no other way". But when it's his freedom/life on the line - nonono, *he* is his own master, he will find a different solution. No one will be ordering him around, because he knows better.

I just hope that his ultimate sacrifice won't be "what a hero" moment, but rather "finally, he does something halfway decent to make up for all his past sins." As of now, no one really called him out on anything. Maybe Maiev, but it doesn't seem like anyone cares - except for parts of the audience, who believe it to be about sexual tension, rather than plainly hating someone.
    Last edited by KaPe; 2017-08-30 at 10:40 AM.

(even though he is still an asshole).
    So rejecting to be a slave to the light means being an asshole ? Hmmm ...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    It's hypocrisy, plain and simple. He can kill his followers for power, because "there is no other way". But when it's his freedom/life on the line - nonono, *he* is his own master, he will find a different solution. No one will be ordering him around, because he knows better.

I just hope that his ultimate sacrifice won't be "what a hero" moment, but rather "finally, he does something halfway decent to make up for all his past sins."
    He does anything for the greater good then

i really dig that sinister vibe they pulled off during the infusion. i just wonder what effects this could have on the draenei's religion, or the church of the holy light. to learn that it can be as manipulative and uncaring as any fel or void creature.

i feel like there is going to be some changes to draenei society after this. it would be interesting if there were, at least.

also, that definitely was not a gift, that was a corruption attempt. i wouldn't want to be brainwashed either, i don't think anyone would.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Reza2001 View Post
    He does everything for the greater good then
    Well then, shouldn't he be overjoyed that he sacrifice himself for this Greater Good? What's that? Suddenly it doesn't seem like a good idea? What a surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by babalou1 View Post
    Yeah. I just watched it in game... Fuck Xe'ra
    As soon as I saw the Light energy extending out and surround Illidan I knew this wasn't going to end well. Velen said it perfectly. You can't force a destiny on someone.

Deleted
    No, he is an asshole for doing the exact same thing to hundreds (if not thousands) of broken to power his portals to Legion worlds; for slaughtering dozens (if not hundreds) of night elves and risking the ecology of the entire planet to appease Kil'jaeden (which was apparently because he wanted more time to counterattack and not because he was scared shitless of him . . . .). I mean it's not like he ASKED the moonguard magi to die so he could empower himself, he just used the link and drank. So yeah, he is an asshole and a hypocrit but he is still right not to let X'era lightrape him.
    he killed the moonguard mages in order to kill the demons, say that he allowed Xe'ra to make him light and defeated the legion what then Xe'ra would have made him do after its destruction, maybe kill the void priests or the undead. Illidan knows that using other people to end the legion was wrong but he was drawing the line at that point, he would not use them for anything else but he didnt know if Xe'ra would stop if she used him to end the Legion she may had gone after some of the people in Azeroth for her goals

Quote Originally Posted by KaPe View Post
    Well then, shouldn't he be overjoyed that he sacrifice himself for this Greater Good? What's that? Suddenly it doesn't seem like a good idea? What a surprise.
    At the end of 7.3 he will sacrifice himself so ... No, He will finally sacrifice himself to keep Sargeras jailed

I don't think sacrifice and being enslaved have the same meaning , If Illidan had accepted Xe'ra's "gift" then it meant one thing and that was giving a middle finger to all of the things he had done in the past (Claiming the skull of Gul'dan , Having his eyes burned out at which point all of this made a huge change in his appearance , showing that he did everything to save his people) and turning into a pawn of the light , He is the guy who decides what to do and what not to do to defeat the Burning Legion
    Last edited by Reza2001; 2017-08-30 at 11:04 AM.

Blaah.. I'm calling it now.

All of this is just a 'twist before THE twist' thing. I've mentioned earlier, we know how his story in Legion ends, being the jailer and all that, but we have no idea how that is gonna play out. But the light-thing that's supposed to be connected with him, shit is not over. No fucking way. This is probably just a set up for the events to come after this expansion as well. And the thing with Turalyon's eyes, it could all be just metaphorical, in the sense that his hope fades away, or it could be just the reflection from that huge fucking explosion - until it fades away, cause after Xe'ra 'dies', he's still acting as if he would be under her influence, so yah. Tons of theories, doesn't matter. Could be everything, and it could be nothing.

It might not be connected with Xe'ra strictly, but he's probably gonna have a part in the events after legion, Void n stuff.. And keep in mind, few more cinematics in the next week or two.

That's just something I thought of, I might be right, might be wrong. Who knows :P Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Kenway313 View Post
    Blaah.. I'm calling it now.

All of this is just a 'twist before THE twist' thing. I've mentioned earlier, we know how his story in Legion ends, being the jailer and all that, but we have no idea how that is gonna play out. But the light-thing that's supposed to be connected with him, shit is not over. No fucking way. This is probably just a set up for the events to come after this expansion as well. And the thing with Turalyon's eyes, it could all be just metaphorical, in the sense that his hope fades away, or it could be just the reflection from that huge fucking explosion - until it fades away, cause after Xe'ra 'dies', he's still acting as if he would be under her influence, so yah. Tons of theories, doesn't matter. Could be everything, and it could be nothing.

It might not be connected with Xe'ra strictly, but he's probably gonna have a part in the events after legion, Void n stuff.. And keep in mind, few more cinematics in the next week or two.

That's just something I thought of, I might be right, might be wrong. Who knows :P Peace
    Yah people say his story is "done" but no , Blizzard will most likely use him again in upcoming expansions

"Trust in the Light, we keep fighting this war ever since''
    "No, i'll trust my demon power to hold the demon lord, get out''.

Yeah, 100% Illidan will hold Sargeras, the Demon Lord, with a demon infused body and the weakened power of the former Pantheon (that, you know...its not the first defeat...).

Xe'era final thought should be something like

"Screw it, you all deserve to vanish''.

Illidan is just the silly boy that keep telling everyone ''be yourself'' but only he will get the cookies in the end.
    "See everyone? Im the hero".

Sargeras will take over Illidan demon infused corpse (why not?) and go play cards with Bolvar "im the hero'' Lich King, cause you know..."World of Snowflakes".

Quote Originally Posted by Well View Post
    Honestly, as bad as the way for Velen changing his mind is, and the obviously TREMENDOUS charisma skill Illidan possesses to have Velen of ALL people reject the Light because he mocked him as a 16 year old teenager would for not wearing jeans and wearing nike sports trousers to school, for the very sake of storytelling, I can let THAT slide.

But FFS: if someone is corrupted, magically influenced or even dominated as many people here seem to think: you do NOT stay your hand when your "puppet master" gets destroyed, especially since it is shown that this is no simple charm spell (as it would fade away when Xe'ra died).

And, about Velen again: like... bro... JUST NO, wtf. You can't have the fucking Prophet doubt his faith and stay still & silent when... your fucking god is getting destroyed right in front of your face. ANYONE would try to stop someone from killing something/one else that is clearly as divine(I don't mean it's actual divinity, just an entity of the Light, which is worshiped in Warcraft) as Xe'ra CLEARLY is.
    You see, you want logic and sense from this cinematic. This is nothing more than fapcontest for fans of illidan. Gonna stroke that horns gooood

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    Thats fine. Im right and you are wrong and thats that.

I was specifically talking game development where they come up with the story and spend the next year animating it. This was probably in the last stages of production when ppl started complaining about the story.

Only reason to think they'd do such a change is if one is an edgelord that is looking for alternative facts to justify your unreasonable hatred of a major gaming company
    So you think they actually write the story first and after that they go into design and development phase?
    I'm sorry to disappoint you but it works the other way around unless its a very story based type of game which wow and mmo's in general aren't.
    The writers only write what they are told and given by the lead and director after the in game content is already mapped out.

Its not unreasonable hatred. Its a pretty common and obvious fact that blizzard's story/writing is a sad piece of shit since d3/sc2,
    Last edited by Vorkreist; 2017-08-30 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehujanne View Post
    Remember that Light itself isn't "good" since that's subjective. Light can be used by anyone (there are expections, like Nobundo) who THINKS he's doing the right thing. That's why the Scarlet Crusade can use the Light, they think they are doing the right thing. Xe'ra thought she was doing the right thing. Good and evil are always a matter of perspective.

Xe'ra and the Light are not evil. The Light is an instrument of (what the wielder thinks is) good.
    If good or evil are subjective terms then there is no one who is evil or good. Not a single being in the entire universe.

To make tropes of good and evil work they need to be absolutes. Good/evil being subjective is so bullshit

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffer View Post
    I LOVE that they used the soundtrack from the intro cinematic in Warcraft 3 in this cutscene. Fit so well together.
    And I love that they didn't make Illidan into holy jesus
    That's been Illidan's theme since TFT, they've used it in TBC and Legion previously.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Xe'ra: "Sometimes the hands of fate must be forced."

Illidan: "Who said that?"

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    That's been Illidan's theme since TFT, they've used it in TBC and Legion previously.
    Can't remember hearing it any other place than in the Thralls Vision cinematic in Reign of Chaos