Can't play WoW even on Windows 7

I knew that they would drop support for Winows XP and Vista so i was not bothered but i cannot play it even on Windows 7 anymore, after the update when i log in everything freezes and nothing loads apart from underground textures. I can't understand why this is happening since i can run more demanding mmos fine, but why are they doing this anyway can't they understand that the game is old, it will never look up to date so why do they keep increasing the system requirements for a game that was made 13 years ago.

I tested it and i can still run FFXIV with 30 fps while WoW i get 2 fps for a decade old game. Is it because my graphics card is directx 9 so even though i have Windows 7 it doesn't count?

Edit: I found the problem, it was because with patch 7.3 all the WoW settings have been reset together with the Directx which changed from 9 to 11 so i couldn't run the game, i changed it back to 9 and it's fine.
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-08-31 at 04:15 PM.

Do you play other Blizzard games? If you do, are they working normally?

And do you start the game through the game's executable, or through the Blizzard Battle.Net launcher?

Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Do you play other Blizzard games? If you do, are they working normally?

And do you start the game through the game's executable, or through the Blizzard Battle.Net launcher?
    Yea i have them all, the other games work fine apart from Diablo 3's Reaper of Souls expansion, when i enter the expansion area im getting 2 fps as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Elfezen View Post
    Yea i have them all, the other games work fine apart from Diablo 3's Reaper of Souls expansion, when i enter the expansion area im getting 2 fps as well.
    Post your computer specs and wow settings.
    Also, look at 12 year old screenshots and a year old screenshots and then tell us if they look similar.
    Last edited by Mifuyne; 2017-08-30 at 04:28 AM.

Deleted
    Hi. I have the same problem since patch 7.3 release. When i'm trying to enter WoW im getting 2 fps and need to close the game. I have Windows 7 as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have you looked into updating your addons (if you have any installed)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    This. Out of date addons have caused this is the past as well.

Deleted
    Is it because my graphics card is directx 9 so even though i have Windows 7 it doesn't count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dudek View Post
    Hi. I have the same problem since patch 7.3 release. When i'm trying to enter WoW im getting 2 fps and need to close the game. I have Windows 7 as well.
    Default troubleshooting: Make sure you have the latest graphics drivers AND that you, at least on the first login, disable all addons. Once you have ensured everything works, you can enable addons. If it still F's up before you enable addons, you're out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Gonder View Post
    I never installed any addons. It has something to do with yesterday's update, i canceled subscription for now until they find a solution because im not changing PC only for 1 game when i can run FFXIV and the rest without problem.

Maybe its because even though my Windows is directx11 my graphics card is for directx9?
    Last edited by Elfezen; 2017-08-30 at 12:20 PM.

Have you installed Raptr or GeForce Experience? Did you tell it to optimize your games?

If so, go into those games and set Render Scale back down to 100%, and lower other settings until it all works again.

Clearly, if everything works, they did not cut support for win7 and there is something wrong with your installation.
    Try fixing it, delete your cache and start again.

Can a mod change his affix. I mean "The patient" sounds rather ironic
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/