Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phookah View Post
    Oh man, guess you'll just have to suffer with being the fastest ground mount in the game, while being instant cast and a two seater.

Oh poor druids
    I main a rogue, and my druid uses regular flight form because that owl is a sin. I am just not on the irrational "hate druid" train, and can see it's unfair for people who actually like that abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    You do ride on top of it. It's a 2 person "mount".
    really? i don't have a druid, so didn't know, i googled, but nothing indicated it was either: properly mounted (all indicators were toward a new flight form, not flying mount). and B. that it was in fact a 2 person mount.

i mean i'm hearing the argument here and i'm not entirely disagreeing with you that you've been dicked. but it seems you also got few bonuses others didn't in regard to flight.

all i'm seeing is a whole bunch of whining, what i'm not seeing, is solutions or proposals on how to amend it.
    <insert witty signature here>

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by smokii View Post
    it's one thing to argue the discrepancy between class mounts, it's another to say it's completely unusable.

i agree, you've been dicked hard in the butt in this regard, it's not entirely fair, but they're not completely unusable. a rework might well be a suitable solution, but i dont see flight form ever being made into a "mount" like other mounts, you dont ride on top of it, you transform into it. it's not a dragon or gryphon that can actually run around on all fours, it's an owl thing, with 2 itty bitty legs, which would look dumb running around at mount speed. it's the equivalent of giving boomkins mount speed running capability, but with bigger wings strapped on for funsies.

i know it's a magical mystical game and whatnot, but there's at least some form of logic and erring away from things that look dumb in the design process.

be careful what you wish for though, as you may end up with an ugly ass mount, just so you can ride it in flight restricted areas, but then never want to ride it, because it's ugly AF.
    It IS ugly AF... It looks like a broke neck owl with a stick up its ass.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Dastreus View Post
    I main a rogue, and my druid uses regular flight form because that owl is a sin. I am just not on the irrational "hate druid" train, and can see it's unfair for people who actually like that abomination.
    I dont like how it looks either, my issue is the incongruity of use to other class mounts in the new content.

- - - Updated - - -

really? i don't have a druid, so didn't know, i googled, but nothing indicated it was either: properly mounted (all indicators were toward a new flight form, not flying mount). and B. that it was in fact a 2 person mount.

i mean i'm hearing the argument here and i'm not entirely disagreeing with you that you've been dicked. but it seems you also got few bonuses others didn't in regard to flight.

all i'm seeing is a whole bunch of whining, what i'm not seeing, is solutions or proposals on how to amend it.
    solution is make it a mount... move it to the mount tab... or, treat it like any other mount and ground it in new content. I am certain that the Blizzard forum threads about this have listed multiple solutions.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Deleted
    Honestly I don't really understand some members of the druid community nowadays.
    You always complain about something, and it's either that damn form or it's about moonkins don't have colorful forms like cats and bears.

Blizzard probably won't change anything in the near future, so... it's pointless. Anyways, most of the people don't like this Lunarwing form, then why is it such a big problem that we can't use it on Argus? Of course, I agree, it feels a bit lame that they gave that form to druids than one patch later no one can use it - or show it to other players - on Argus. But come on, we have hundreds of "traditional" mounts that everyone can use. (I use them too, without a word, and I have a druid as main character.)

Deleted
    Would you rather your class mount was a regular flying mount, so you would never use it over flight form? Or are you just crying because you want the best of both worlds?

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    We just got it, and it's already unusable.
    That's unlucky, isn't it?

I don’t t like the Druid class mount I’ve gone back to the old one.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    solution is make it a mount... move it to the mount tab... or, treat it like any other mount and ground it in new content. I am certain that the Blizzard forum threads about this have listed multiple solutions.
    with the cost of losing it's 2 seater uniqueness and instant cast time. sure.

but honestly, as someone with a druid, yet not max level and lacking a 2 seater flying mount. i'd rather keep it as is, 2 seater flying mounts are expensive if you're not gold savvy.

it's an odd argument and feels more like a circle jerk over flight restrictions than anything else. when we should all know the reasoning for flight restrictions and why they don't last forever. they will eventually be lifted.
    <insert witty signature here>

Do you deny that druids are the only class that cant use their class mount in new content? If you acknowledge that fact, then ask yourself why it is like that.
    No. Do you deny that druids are the only class that has an instant cast, potentially two person class mount that makes you immune to polymorph, and can gather without dismounting? If you acknowledge those facts, then maybe "Waaaah, why can't we use our mount in every place other people can use their class mounts?!" is not a super great argument, since you can do a bunch of stuff that other people can't do in every zone with flying, which is the vast majority of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    The class mount for the Druid is the flight form. Since we can't fly on Argus, we can't use it now. Yay. We just got it, and it's already unusable.
    Disabled it for looking stupid. So it's ok I can't use the retarded owl now. I never wanted to anyway.
    -=Z=- Satan represents vengeance instead of turning the other cheek! -=Z=-
    https://bdsmovement.net/

A good solution would be to make outdoor travel forum on the ground have a unique appearance as well. But it won't be happening.

Anduin making a whine thread.. how new and unexpected..

I love how a patch area makes a mount completely 100% useless literally everywhere. I mean, I guess Argus disabled it in every other existing flying zone?

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    For once i agree with Anduin M here... Druids should get a class ground "mount" or something.
    They do, Stag (2 person) or Cheetah form (glyph)

Another glyph would have worked for more variation.

But just look how Moonkin form customization is very little, I don't expect more here either.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-30 at 12:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by fathom81 View Post
    You can insta mount and pick the lunge talent making it the fastest mount ingame, no harm done.
    What talent is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    They do, Stag (2 person) or Cheetah form (glyph)

Another glyph would have worked for more variation.

But just look how Moonkin form customization is very little, I don't expect more here either.
    fairly sure those are not to the class hall quests though like other class mounts.. that's the issue for druids.
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by keskmaz View Post
    Would you rather your class mount was a regular flying mount, so you would never use it over flight form? Or are you just crying because you want the best of both worlds?
    lets disable all class mounts in argus... while we are at it lets disable blood DK's bone shield, mage's ice block, rogues stealth, paladin's bubble, (you get the idea).

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    Anduin making a whine thread.. how new and unexpected..

I love how a patch area makes a mount completely 100% useless literally everywhere. I mean, I guess Argus disabled it in every other existing flying zone?
    Would you be this salty or intellectually dishonest if someone else was the OP?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No. Do you deny that druids are the only class that has an instant cast, potentially two person class mount that makes you immune to polymorph, and can gather without dismounting? If you acknowledge those facts, then maybe "Waaaah, why can't we use our mount in every place other people can use their class mounts?!" is not a super great argument, since you can do a bunch of stuff that other people can't do in every zone with flying, which is the vast majority of them.
    and your counter argument falls flat on its face because druids cant do any of that in Argus, yet, everyone else except druids have the use of their class mounts... maybe we should disable class mounts in Argus, in the interest of conformity.

- - - Updated - - -

with the cost of losing it's 2 seater uniqueness and instant cast time. sure.

but honestly, as someone with a druid, yet not max level and lacking a 2 seater flying mount. i'd rather keep it as is, 2 seater flying mounts are expensive if you're not gold savvy.

it's an odd argument and feels more like a circle jerk over flight restrictions than anything else. when we should all know the reasoning for flight restrictions and why they don't last forever. they will eventually be lifted.
    Look how long druids got screwed in WOD with flight form... then look again how long they got screwed in Legion with flight form... this is just a continuation of the screwing.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

and your counter argument falls flat on its face because druids cant do any of that in Argus, yet, everyone else except druids have the use of their class mounts... maybe we should disable class mounts in Argus, in the interest of conformity.
    No that is literally my entire argument. There are seven zones in this expansion. In six of them, druids can do far more on their class mount than any other class, to the point of having several functional advantages over other class mounts. In one of the seven zones, druids have to use a different mount.

That is to say, in 85% of the Broken Isles, the druid class mount is just outright, significantly better functionally-wise than every other class mount. I really don't think it's that big a deal that there is one zone where druids have to use a different mount and other classes can keep that aesthetic option.

it's one thing to argue the discrepancy between class mounts, it's another to say it's completely unusable.

i agree, you've been dicked hard in the butt in this regard, it's not entirely fair, but they're not completely unusable. a rework might well be a suitable solution, but i dont see flight form ever being made into a "mount" like other mounts, you dont ride on top of it, you transform into it. it's not a dragon or gryphon that can actually run around on all fours, it's an owl thing, with 2 itty bitty legs, which would look dumb running around at mount speed. it's the equivalent of giving boomkins mount speed running capability, but with bigger wings strapped on for funsies.

i know it's a magical mystical game and whatnot, but there's at least some form of logic and erring away from things that look dumb in the design process.

be careful what you wish for though, as you may end up with an ugly ass mount, just so you can ride it in flight restricted areas, but then never want to ride it, because it's ugly AF.
    You don't ride the Sandstone Drake, you transform into it... Why not just make the druid form work the same way? And there are plenty of mounts in the game that have no legs, but they are all still usable as ground mounts. There's absolutely no reason to expect the owl form to run on the ground in the silliest way possible when every other bird mount in the game simply flies at ground level. That's either a poorly thought out argument, or grasping at straws.

There already are examples in the game of how the druids would like their campaign form to behave on the ground. It's actually probably what makes it even more frustrating for them. They know it's possible, and they have asked for it since the 7.2 PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No that is literally my entire argument. There are seven zones in this expansion. In six of them, druids can do far more on their class mount than any other class, to the point of having several functional advantages over other class mounts. In one of the seven zones, druids have to use a different mount.

That is to say, in 85% of the Broken Isles, the druid class mount is just outright, significantly better functionally-wise than every other class mount. I really don't think it's that big a deal that there is one zone where druids have to use a different mount and other classes can keep that aesthetic option.
    So we can expect you to support the removal of ALL class mounts from Argus then?

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Just let your wallet do the talking... As a fellow balance druid I quit months ago. Cya around christmas.

That class mount does look like something out of vanilla (no joke).
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.