• Just BBC World News

5 4.90%
  • Other (Comment below)

14 13.73%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The beeb is pretty good all in all. Its docu's are pretty dece (planet earth etc), panorama is cutting, its dramas are alreet, radio service is pretty good and its coverage of sport and music is outstanding.

Does employ a few donuts though (alan shearer).

- - - Updated - - -

is it fuck
    is so......

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Amantino View Post
    Once you go black, you never go back, is a saying for a reason.
    Well, once you go black, we don't want you back.

You...maybe you should have used an article in your title.

The BBC. Would've avoided some confusion.

Deleted
    I watch Eastenxers basically because it's on at dinner time and I am addicted to seeing a conclusion to things (even when I nollknownits not coming).

There is a couple of good new shows that slip through the radar that are brilliant ( HUGE recommends for Fleabag, that show is fantastic) but most of it is utter shite.

Noticed in the last 2 or 3 years the amou t of tabloid style programming is way up which u a shame, that's what it and channel 5 are for...

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

BBC has been around a very long time, here in the states we have BBC America, their news is pretty good, I like their reporting, most of which I hear BBC World News when I am on the radio on NPR

How many BBC's does the British Broadcasting Channel have in the U.K and how do you tell one apart from the other, are there any alternatives in the U.K, anybody from the U.K know.

How does the U.K feel about BBC, and why do you have to pay for a TV license?
    Oh wait, I think I clicked the wrong thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    oh... brittish broadcasting corporation...

I was expecting something else.
    Had that discussion with one of my favorite cam girls a few months ago. I popped in and she was talking about "just about everything, just started watching Luther actually. " and I was like BBC ON BBC!!! And she spit out her drink. And we talked about how when she first started and when I first started that we both 100% honested thought BBC meant the British Broadcasting Channel and it was hilarious seeing in chat. "hey baby, you like BBC?" "It's alright, there are some good things on it" and she was like "I mean, yeah... i like some shows but I was shocked that so many people were into BBC. Like, I didn't know all these countries got British TV" and we lol'd pretty hard.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I take it all the Big Black Cock jokes have been done to death?

Oh well i guess i will have to just talk about the BBC IE British Broadcasting Corperation instead.

I live in America but iam English and i remember growing up with Auntie as we used to call it and loving shows like Red Dwarf, Blackadder, Old Doctor Who etc and the nature documentaries was out of this world but now i cant even think of one show on the BBC that is worth watching. Most of my family still live in England and there hasnt been anything they could recommend to me that is any good.

BBCAmerica is a waste i swear all they show now is old Star Trek Episodes since they dont show repeats of Top Gear anymore.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blamblam41 View Post
    I didn't know you could be bias toward centrist politics.

Though anything must be bias if you're that far right, I guess.
    The problem with being a centralist is that you're a Nazi baby-eater to the left and a commie baby-killer to the right.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

15+ Year Old Account
    which one of the 3 I can think of?

Bale is done at real imo.

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your kind will never change, and I will never stop fighting you.
    I'm still surprised how many people think because a network is government funded that makes them unbiased and completely trustworthy.

Deleted
    There are a number of shows I enjoy, but I probably haven't sat down and 'watched' it on my TV for a very long time.

If I could pick and choose what I wanted that would be great, but I saw this link as a pretty interesting breakdown of what my money for the tv licence covers:

http://www.tvlicensing.co.uk/check-i...-pay-for-top13

"How many BBC's does the British Broadcasting Channel have in the U.K and how do you tell one apart from the other, are there any alternatives in the U.K, anybody from the U.K know."

This sounds so wrong in so many ways lol.

I like them, sometimes biased but 99.9℅ of the time their fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post

Mr Bean, Probably one of the best shows ever.
    I liked Black Adder way more. 4th season is IMO perfect TV.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Darkener View Post
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'll take BBC over Sky any day.

You're paying for it through license to the benefit of the nation instead of for profits. I'd be far more vary of any privately owned media. Always fun to see the circlejerk of license haters not understanding how or why it's for the better opposed to paying for cable and satelite packages with dozens of nonsense channels. It's not a tax because it's held at an arms-length from government influence as it should be.
    Fuck them for having your best interests in mind and putting a nationalistic propaganda slant here and there. /s
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2017-08-30 at 12:52 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    The problem with being a centralist is that you're a Nazi baby-eater to the left and a commie baby-killer to the right.
    No, you are not. Youll be called thos names by people who are mentally unstable. ( If you are actually center though, not like some of our "independent" friends here.)
    If you've never worked with Orthodox Jews then you have no idea how dirty they are. Yes, they are very dirty and I don't mean just hygiene
    most of the rioters were racist black people with a personal hatred for white people, and it was those bigots who were in fact the primary force engaged in the anarchistic and lawless behavior in Charlottesville.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HumbleDuck View Post
    No, you are not. Youll be called thos names by people who are mentally unstable. ( If you are actually center though, not like some of our "independent" friends here.)
    Politics have becoming so polarized these last few years that it's very quickly becoming an "us vs them" attitude on both sides.

Anyone considered just a little bit less "left" or "right" than themselves automatically becomes another enemy.

The paranoia and pettiness would be funny if it wasn't guiding policy making...
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand the purpose of this thread?

I'm not British, so I don't pay for it, but the website is a pretty decent general news source. I do think it's gone downhill somewhat in terms of heavier reliance on video clips, click-baitiness, and sometimes a less formal tone in some of the articles, but probably less so than most major outlets. I find it to be a pretty broad news source, and if I want to go deeper into a specific story I'll then go search other sites.

I don't watch very much of their contemporary TV programming, except for some of their documentaries (which are very good) or the odd Dr Who (which is okay).

Quote Originally Posted by mrgummage View Post
    Politics have becoming so polarized these last few years that it's very quickly becoming an "us vs them" attitude on both sides.

Anyone considered just a little bit less "left" or "right" than themselves automatically becomes another enemy.

The paranoia and pettiness would be funny if it wasn't guiding policy making...
    I disagree, some small groups are pushing for the us vs them narrative ( including potus) but the majority don't.
    I still believe trump becoming the president wasn't the result of a rise in nationalism and radical right, the major factors were him being the GOP candidate and left/center lack of trust in the establishment.

Deleted
    Ways too biased. Still, it's mostly a propaganda tube for the ruling caste, so what else can you expect but bias.
    Not paying the license so not caring too much.