Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    LFR and LFD are the 2nd two biggest changes to wow, led by Homogenization of classes/talent trees and followed by flying I'd undo from wow if I could.... "then"

I now like it. Here is why. I've been to damn near the top. (was #1 Priest Zul'jin a few years ago.... for ages.
    I'm lonnnggg done with hardcore raiding, it was fun I achieved all of my goals sans a World first ( got like a 5th on Heroic Garajal or someshit)

Now I play casually, I don't even bother to raid, I could at the drop of a hat go farm farm content, and twards the end mythic at any tier. I don't. I'm kinda retired.
    BUT. LFR lets me see the content. and gears me enough for the next PVE content release, or to go farm Heroic or some of the current M raid. IF I WANT.

I like it. and yes, I've played since the days of attunments and pre even LFR channels, when you would get a 5 man via trade channel or maybe watch general in Ironforge to take a trip to MC or BWL. the game is different now, maybe its me, or maybe its the ez mode instaint gratification FPS accustomed to new generation.

point is, alot of us use LFR, if you don't like it don't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceboytg View Post
    This always strikes me as one of the absolutely stupidest things people could say in response to complaints of group requirements. Do you also suggest depressed people maybe try not being depressed anymore?

If someone was capable of competently leading a group on their own I'm sure they would do it already without waiting for your pointless "advice". TBH most of the idiotic requirements in group finder are because incompetents are already starting their own groups and looking for someone else to actually lead it and make it succeed.
    Because depression and not being able to find/create a group in WoW are the same thing right?

How is the advice pointless? If you cannot find a group then there are options to remedy it. Don't blame the system because you chose not to use the remedies to it. Sitting there screaming because you got declined to a group that wanted to just do a zerg run and asked for DF/Curve isn't going to magically get you invited to a group.

And again I severely doubt that there are no groups in the premade finder that don't require high ilvls or Deceivers/Curve. I got Deceivers from a group where about 4 people of the 25 had it. I'd say the average item level was around 895-905 at the time. For me I was a Resto Shaman at 898 and killed KJ on 901.

And no. Most of the requirements are people who want to zerg through it for AP and Legendaries. Simple as that. Why would someone take an 890 geared player with no DF over a 910 geared player with DF to a zerg/ap run?
    Last edited by Eleccybubb; 2017-08-28 at 02:07 AM.

Deleted
    I don't agree with many things said here. Don't get me wrong I hate doing LFR and I very rarely participate in it - but I can value it as an addition to the game for people that don't have any other options.

This expansion with its legendary bad luck protection and crazy titanforging has "forced" people that normally have no business in LFR to still queue up for it weekly - and it causes an unfortunate clash of mindsets/skill/motivation and demographics which yeah can be very frustrating experience for everyone.

That part might be unfortunate; but the concept of having a place where non-guilded/not so social players get share the experience that they also take part of defeating the bad guys they have "quested against" and get some light upgrades over heroic dungeon gear - It's hard for me to picture this as a bad thing and a cancer that must be rooted out.

To the people that don't have time or whatever but are generally better players than the average LFR player and are upset with how "target dummy experience" it is, I do sympathize with you and wished it could be done differently but I think there is a very real limitation here on what is feasible to still keep it relatively completable.

This actually reminds me of a community driven initiative I saw once in GW2. Organizers that provided a discord/TS server and had set "raids" every evening where people joined the discord, got an explanation of tactics and got to join. I'm tempted to say carried but the organizers were relatively few but probably had the "keyroles" covered so you also weren't TOO reliant on the people showing up to know exactly what they were doing.

Does anyone know if something similar exist in WoW? (that isnt pay). Might have been an interesting idea if someone started something like this and worked out a way to make it work.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    How dare people want a fast and easy run for AP/Legendaries with experienced people!

Shame on them!

There are plenty of groups so I extremely doubt you didn't find one that wasn't asking for Deceivers or Curve.

Could always make your own group as well.

You prove my point excellently. Good job, sir.

Quote Originally Posted by Youn View Post
    You prove my point excellently. Good job, sir.
    What point?

I just gave you a solution to your problem. If you can't find a group why not put in the minimal amount of effort of making your own? Or is that too hard?

I told you that people want zerg/AP runs. Why would they take someone with low item level?

And again I extremely doubt not one group in PF was not asking for Curve/DF.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    People are toxic....

More to the point, I could create my own groups. I could bully my guild into running alt runs. At this point, most of them log on for 10 minutes before raid and log off 10 minutes after raid. I probably have all the achievements anyone would ask for generally because my main is a mythic raider. I do probably lack the item level on my alts because they are around 890 to do normal in 90% of the pugs out there.

So, yeah... in a perfect world I would gather up my guild and run normal in the off hours.
    Last edited by Youn; 2017-08-28 at 04:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I remember when people were patient, and crafted a good community by actively teaching and guiding people through encounters. That was the norm I remember when I started playing in 2007. That's the reason I don't raid anymore. It seems more like an exclusive country club rather than an inclusive, guiding coalition these days. The LFG finder is full of people who "Just want to get it done", which is fine, but the culture change is what keeps me firmly rooted to LFR. I don't want to be just a number, as opposed to an invaluable member of a precious community. Since guilds tend to require some sort of commitment, this is my preferred avenue of progression.
    I dont remember that at all. Either you weren't very high up there or you were one of the people on the inside and didn't realize it lol. People were less "gogogo" but that is because the resources to learn weren't as available. But people were always dicks and expected you to know your shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Amra View Post
    This actually reminds me of a community driven initiative I saw once in GW2. Organizers that provided a discord/TS server and had set "raids" every evening where people joined the discord, got an explanation of tactics and got to join. I'm tempted to say carried but the organizers were relatively few but probably had the "keyroles" covered so you also weren't TOO reliant on the people showing up to know exactly what they were doing.

Does anyone know if something similar exist in WoW? (that isnt pay). Might have been an interesting idea if someone started something like this and worked out a way to make it work.
    it did exist very briefly in MoP with Openraid and their flex runs organized to teach new players about raiding - but it died since blizzard put in new group finder and killed openraid.

truth be told i really dont get why blizzard wont hire few dozens of"community managers' to organize such runs in group finders 7 days a week - but hell why care about community when you can release 1 more shop pet and make similiar amount of money as from those potential subs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler
    You're driving yourself away with your excuses, not the community. It's no one's fault but your own that you refuse to do what it takes for organized raiding. You're the reason you're not in a guild raiding. Whether by choice or not, you made that decision.
    This is accurate, and true.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler
    Stop acting like your ability to "raid above LFR or not" is in the hands of other people.
    How can this be anything but false? Whether starting your own group, or joining an existing PUG your ability to participate successfully in organized raiding is very much in the hands of others.

Off the top of my head there is this one "Mord's Learn2raid Community Events" https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...e=69#post-1367
    According to their last post they stopped posting on General while still maintaining their runs. There was a few others last expansion. Dont remember who.

Personally if time was not an issue I would be helping to host runs. Havent done such after Cata ended.
    Last edited by nekobaka; 2017-08-29 at 04:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bamboozler View Post
    You're driving yourself away with your excuses, not the community. It's no one's fault but your own that you refuse to do what it takes for organized raiding. You're the reason you're not in a guild raiding. Whether by choice or not, you made that decision. Stop acting like your ability to raid above LFR or not is in the hands of other people. You're just blaming other people for your choices.
    depends how you look at it - in many cases people who see what it takes to do organized raiding simply choose not to because its not worth the hassle.

i would dare to risk that the main thing keeping people away is ... schedule - most simply cant afford to spend 3 nights a week each night 3 hours to raid because they have more important shit to do irl.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    depends how you look at it - in many cases people who see what it takes to do organized raiding simply choose not to because its not worth the hassle.

i would dare to risk that the main thing keeping people away is ... schedule - most simply cant afford to spend 3 nights a week each night 3 hours to raid because they have more important shit to do irl.
    There's plenty of 1 or 2 night raid guilds who progress into Mythic.

Make excuses all you want but in the end the problem comes down to the individual.

Deleted
    It's funny how a stinky snowflake starts a "drop LFR" thread and then he and all other stinky snowflakes quickly provide page after page of very evocative explanation why LFR is so absolutely necessary

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I dont remember that at all. Either you weren't very high up there or you were one of the people on the inside and didn't realize it lol. People were less "gogogo" but that is because the resources to learn weren't as available. But people were always dicks and expected you to know your shit.
    I was on a smaller server, so that might've contributed to my perception. Still, it was part of the community I remember, and it's all but gone. Nobody wants to create a community, they want it given to them, and that is not how it works.e

Quote Originally Posted by Illana View Post
    There's plenty of 1 or 2 night raid guilds who progress into Mythic.

Make excuses all you want but in the end the problem comes down to the individual.
    there are - on specific very few servers - and most people wont move their 12 alts from server to server just to raid.

its really not that easy unless you happen to be on one that has such guild.

now if blizzard merged the f... out of servers leaving 3 or 4 of them and making them full of people again - sure yes what you said would be a solution - but atm its just .... not gonna work

Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    I was on a smaller server, so that might've contributed to my perception. Still, it was part of the community I remember, and it's all but gone. Nobody wants to create a community, they want it given to them, and that is not how it works.e
    The community was forced due to being limited to a server unless you spent the time to move and level an alt on another server. Certainly in Vanilla it was a right pain. You are right not many people want to make a community and instead wanted it handed to them. That has always been the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    LFR ToT was how LFR should be. If enough people ignored mechanics it was a wipe, as it freaking should be. Ever noticed that if a wipe occurs in LFR nowadays, DPS magically increases 30%? It's because people don't give a fuck and are probably watching YouTube on their second monitor and the bosses still go down 99% of the time.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    there are - on specific very few servers - and most people wont move their 12 alts from server to server just to raid.

its really not that easy unless you happen to be on one that has such guild.

now if blizzard merged the f... out of servers leaving 3 or 4 of them and making them full of people again - sure yes what you said would be a solution - but atm its just .... not gonna work
    Why would you have to move 12 alts? Even doing normal is better than LFR, I'm sure there's hundreds if not thousands of 2 night heroic 9/9 guilds (mine being one)

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    LFR ToT was how LFR should be. If enough people ignored mechanics it was a wipe, as it freaking should be. Ever noticed that if a wipe occurs in LFR nowadays, DPS magically increases 30%? It's because people don't give a fuck and are probably watching YouTube on their second monitor and the bosses still go down 99% of the time.
    Except of course if you ignore mechanics on a fight like kiljaeden even with 10 stacks of buff you'll never make it past 75%.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Except of course if you ignore mechanics on a fight like kiljaeden even with 10 stacks of buff you'll never make it past 75%.
    KJ is probably the best example where DPS actually has to do mechanics to prevent raid wipes.

Other fights usually just cause personal deaths, or just require 2 tanks and a few healers to be awake.

Only on KJ,Avatar and Maiden I have seen enrage due to lack of dps and mostly due to people dying.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-30 at 01:10 PM.