Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    It's all part of the plan..... maybe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deldramar View Post
    The void creates old gods which in turn have created things like Nerubians, Mantid, and Quiraj.
    And they in turn built some pretty awesome cities.

I mean, either Alleria or Velen says "I can't believe Illidan is strong enough to defeat her this easily" or something like that, so I dont think they are weak per se.

I think of the Naaru like the Tolans on SG-1 - they became powerful, so powerful that no-one ever battled them - so their power changed from real power to perceived power and then comes Argus 7.3 and SPLAT.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by Rafoel View Post
    The Void wiels power of destruction, the Light wields power of creation. In war, power to destroy might seem vastly superior to power to create, yet that's not what ultimately decides victory. Void offers nothing, it can only feed on what was already created.
    Creation is the result of combining Void and Light. Neither wields that power alone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Naaru aren't powerful in direct combat. Their power comes more to promises, telling people what they want to hear, giving them a little "push" when they need it, and never getting their hands dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Naaru aren't powerful in direct combat. Their power comes more to promises, telling people what they want to hear, giving them a little "push" when they need it, and never getting their hands dirty.
    K'ara was acting pretty hands on for something that doesn't even have hands.

Deleted
    Theres a video of Adal defending Shatrath somewhere, dealing wildly high damage to things.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MissMin View Post
    Theres a video of Adal defending Shatrath somewhere, dealing wildly high damage to things.
    In early TBC A'dal couldn't do anything to defend Shattrath or itself - it was a stationary NPC and died exceedingly quick. He was later patched to do massive physical damage to anything hostile that made it into the center dome of Shattrath (players had a tendency to drag Fel Reavers from HFP to Shatt for fun and games).
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

15+ Year Old Account
    Naaru are pretty powerful beings, but they don't seem to be designed for assault. Correct me if I'm wrong, but we don't ever see a naaru on the front lines. We've only seen them, in combat, behind the infantry singing their songs. It doesn't surprise me that a prolonged and enraged eye beam from Illidan, one of the most powerful wizards of all time and certainly the most powerful demon hunter in existence, would end her quickly.

It is rather strange. We've now seen two of them one-shot in this expansion (Illidan vs Xe'ra and Rakeesh stomping on O'ros with a mech in the Exodar). I get that their power may not be directly combat related, but once corrupted (like M'uru), they're totally badass.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maylander View Post
    It is rather strange. We've now seen two of them one-shot in this expansion (Illidan vs Xe'ra and Rakeesh stomping on O'ros with a mech in the Exodar). I get that their power may not be directly combat related, but once corrupted (like M'uru), they're totally badass.
    Most things do indeed become badass when infused with the void.

Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    I mean, either Alleria or Velen says "I can't believe Illidan is strong enough to defeat her this easily" or something like that, so I dont think they are weak per se.
    All that means is they've duped a bunch of pallies and priests into thinking they're higher beings of some sort.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Nah nah, see... I live by one simple creed: You might catch more flies with honey, but to catch honeys you gotta be fly.

Quote Originally Posted by Snes View Post
    Maybe the Void is meant to take over, it's clearly stronger.
    Random, but this reminds me of a quote from a book:

Kneels? Falters? Look to the night sky, foolish man, and gauge the victor in the contest between Dark and Light.
    Darkness is the natural order of things. Light is always an imposition, and that imposition can only win for so long.
    “Nostalgia was like a disease, one that crept in and stole the colour from the world and the time you lived in. Made for bitter people. Dangerous people, when they wanted back what never was.” -- Steven Erikson, The Crippled God

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I mean X'era was not at all in full power at this point. She had the equivalent of heart bypass surgery immediately before this event.
    Well, I mean; call me crazy, but in that case maybe attempting to subjugate a being you feel is so powerful that you decided they were the chosen one seconds after being wheeled into recovery following said heart bypass surgery was a poor decision?

When I read your analogy (it's a good analogy imo) I imagine an old sage waking up from surgery, immediately attempting to punch optimus prime in the face and expecting him to just take it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xar226 View Post
    Random, but this reminds me of a quote from a book:

Darkness is the natural order of things. Light is always an imposition, and that imposition can only win for so long.
    interesting; book source?

Light slaves. If this cinematic shows anynthing, it is that mortals are mere chess pieces to at least some of the Naaru

I also find the transdimensional glowing wind-chime people pretty useless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not that I necessarily disagree but Illidan isn't just some xxillidank PC demon hunter. Dude is hella powerful so it makes sense why he could destroy one 1v1 even quickly.

7+ Year Old Account
    While it does seem like the Naaru can be powerfull, it does seem like they are not really practicing what they preach. They all say, that you should stand against the shadow, yet they are very inactive when it comes to the direct battle.

I do miss the sight of naaru battleling and actually fighting the Legion.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

This is also the first we have seen from an enraged Illidan. For the most part his previous actions had planning and he never felt like he wasn't in control. Xe'ra didn't try to negotiate, when Illidan didn't like her initial offer she tried to force it. He was not prepared (hehe) for what she could have done. Even when Illidan was working under KJ he always had a plan.

The aftermath of X'era's destruction was oddly muted, but I think the reason why was that everyone was stunned that she would be so forceful in trying to "light corrupt" Illidan. We have seen the Old Gods corrupting things, the void tainting and destroying things, forcing their madness onto reality.

It would be an amazing turn to find that the Naaru were not much different; forcing their will on their own playthings.

Then Velen mentioned something about how the Naaru forced choices on him. I wouldn't be surprised if they told him to abandon Argus, and he believed them even if he would have rather stayed and fought.

The shadow priest artifact mentions that we should ask "who came before the Draenei?" The Naaru have been playing the -long- game against the Void. Who cares how many words get fel-corrupted or destroyed by those Titans and Demons? It's more important to fight the void.

They are.. perhaps.. only different than Sargeras in tactics.