Professions gettin boned in 7.3

Any?

At first glance it would appear JC. Gem prices have already took a big dip. And now with the new gems going up to 200 looks as if all the 150 gems will be worth even less now. Jewelry still remaining decent?

Haven't done much research besides that. Like Alchemy still looks good. Only amazing new potion appears to be the new Healing. Current Flasks/Pots still going to be mainly used, though we should likely start saving up Infernal Alchemist Stones

Anyways to those who actually know the know, are there any Professions getting hit negatively profiting wise in 7.3?

jewelry isnt changing, but you cant upgrade current crafted gear past 900 with new obliterum, so all of it is gonna get left way behind sooner than later.

Quote Originally Posted by dcc626 View Post
    jewelry isnt changing, but you cant upgrade current crafted gear past 900 with new obliterum, so all of it is gonna get left way behind sooner than later.
    the point being made is the 150 gems will be pointless, however because the 200 are replacing them i see no dip but the new crafting mats and rings etc are going to cost a tonne.

New gems are being added and everyone will want to upgrade their gems ASAP. How is JC getting boned? Seems like a lot of potential if you get recipes early.

JC is getting a full set of new gems and a crafted headpiece of 935, how exactly is that getting boned?
    Yeah the old gems will be worth less but you'll rake in gold on the new epic gems.

If anything the crafting professions are getting the raw end of the deal; only 1 new craft for 1 specific slot, that also breaks tiersets and/or competes with Legendaries.
    Doubt any rogue is gonna use the LW shoulders since that shares the slot with one (if not the best) Legendary for all 3 specs.

WHat pisses me off is the aparrent abandonment (again) of crafting.

For the entire xpac, crafting has been able to get you Normal mode iLevel. In 7.2.5 this was almost undone/forgotten and then added in at e past minute...

But now were doing it again?

Literally the ONLY saving grace for this new crafting system was that it was viable as entry level raid gear.... ffs Blizz get your heads outta your asses.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    WHat pisses me off is the aparrent abandonment (again) of crafting.

For the entire xpac, crafting has been able to get you Normal mode iLevel. In 7.2.5 this was almost undone/forgotten and then added in at e past minute...

But now were doing it again?

Literally the ONLY saving grace for this new crafting system was that it was viable as entry level raid gear.... ffs Blizz get your heads outta your asses.
    Am I missunderstanding you or are you just not updated? Crafted gear will be able to be 5 ilvls above Normal mode Antorus gear?

Little side question: is it possible to create those new Gems with 1/800 JC?

Quote Originally Posted by Lundin View Post
    Am I missunderstanding you or are you just not updated? Crafted gear will be able to be 5 ilvls above Normal mode Antorus gear?
    That isnt anywhere in the patch notes. The "new" crafted peices are only in one slot

Edit:
    Confirmed. Single item only.

So instead of crafting being a viable alternative to LFR, its now a one-slot wonder. Yay. What a shit show.
    Last edited by Kagthul; 2017-08-30 at 01:38 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    the point being made is the 150 gems will be pointless, however because the 200 are replacing them i see no dip but the new crafting mats and rings etc are going to cost a tonne.
    Gems can still be used to craft powerfull equipment.
    rings and necklaces with optimal stats will become upgradable to 935 so, if you need your perfect crit/haste neck... it can be valuable to use your stored gems to craft them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription. /10char
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Quote Originally Posted by sarym13 View Post
    Any?

At first glance it would appear JC. Gem prices have already took a big dip. And now with the new gems going up to 200 looks as if all the 150 gems will be worth even less now. Jewelry still remaining decent?

Haven't done much research besides that. Like Alchemy still looks good. Only amazing new potion appears to be the new Healing. Current Flasks/Pots still going to be mainly used, though we should likely start saving up Infernal Alchemist Stones

Anyways to those who actually know the know, are there any Professions getting hit negatively profiting wise in 7.3?
    JC is IMO the big winner here.

Crafting professions literally can make one new item:
    Leatherworking can craft 2 new items. A mail and leather item.
    Blacksmithing can craft 1 new plate item and a fun item of dubious use.
    Tailoring can craft 1 new cloth item. Full stop.
    No doubt these items will sell. 935 items aren't something to ignore. But it's literally one new recipe. Two if you are a leatherworker. And a fun item if you are a blacksmith.

The others are even worse off:
    Engineering get to make a single useless toy, and a new wormhole generator. Mega-yawn.
    Enchanting can now create shards from crystals. That's like the laziest change ever, and I doubt it will make any impact whatsoever.
    Inscription gets 3 new glyphs that nobody cares much about, and some Vantus runes, which won't be relevant until 7.3.5. Until then, useless changes.

Alchemy gets to make a new alchemist-only stone, which won't sell much due to the profession requirement. The only other new thing to use the herbs on are potions. Enjoy. I have to admit there are also two new fun potions, and the daily transmute which is more than ntohing, but still rather pointless. I assume primal sargerite will drop everywhere just like blood of sargeras. All in all, Alchemy isn't engineering levels of terrible. But not exactly mind-blowing changes.

Meaning herbalists are kinda sucky too since alchemy isn't gonna need those flowers too much. Enjoy the vanity pet, I guess?
    And skinning, yes, they can skin stuff to make leatherworking stuff. Whee?

Compare that to Jewelcrafters
    Jewelcrafting can make 4 new items.
    And 4 new gems, which EVERYONE will want for both new and old items.
    If you're a jewelcrafter, you definitively won the lottery this time around.
    Last edited by Danner; 2017-08-30 at 03:52 PM.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by faguoren View Post
    Gems can still be used to craft powerfull equipment.
    rings and necklaces with optimal stats will become upgradable to 935 so, if you need your perfect crit/haste neck... it can be valuable to use your stored gems to craft them.
    No, they aren't upgradeable. Not sure why this keeps going around. Only the new items (1 slot per profession) goes to 935. "Old" crafted items stop at 900.

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Enchanting can now create shards from crystals. That's like the laziest change ever, and I doubt it will make any impact whatsoever.
    Yeah, but there's now massive demand for enchants with all the gear upgrades, so I am making gold like crazy right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Geddyn View Post
    Yeah, but there's now massive demand for enchants with all the gear upgrades, so I am making gold like crazy right now.
    This is most certainly true
    And the same goes for all the old professions. I still sell a Celumbra every other week as a tailor.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    No, they aren't upgradeable. Not sure why this keeps going around. Only the new items (1 slot per profession) goes to 935. "Old" crafted items stop at 900.
    sadly. it is true. :'(
    they could have made a restriction like only one crafted equipment can be raised to 935. But I think they just wanted to have darkmoon trinket at max 900. 935 might be better for some classes than T21 heroic /mythic gear.

Main thing is ToS is still current content, if they made it so ALL crafted gear can be upgraded to better than Mythic ToS quality level, that is honestly a bit silly.

I'm sure once the Argus raid is released, that week, or the week before, we'll get our 7.0 current crafted gear upped to 935.

Also the issue with JC getting boned. The main thing I see is the fact that the 200 stat gems just completely make the 150 a lot cheaper now. And the fact the new 200 cut gems don't need a Primal Sag or a Blood of Sag to craft will make them fairly cheap. The crowns are the only item that could be profitable. Great for the players. Kinda meh for the JC'ers
    Last edited by c313; 2017-09-01 at 10:21 PM.