Deleted

tfw cant turn off new animations

Raiding with 4 frost mages and 2 holy priests have never been more frustrating on aoe fights

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykee View Post
    Raiding with 4 frost mages and 2 holy priests have never been more frustrating on aoe fights
    What's that got to do with turning off new animations? Please be more elaborate in the future if you want people to understand it.

Oh damn. My guild raids on weekends, so I haven't seen it in action. Is it a total clusterfuck?

10+ Year Old Account
    Try raiding as a melee in FF-XIV. Seizures included.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ambrodel View Post
    What's that got to do with turning off new animations? Please be more elaborate in the future if you want people to understand it.
    Blizzard and nova got huge spell effects now, dont worry, you cant miss it when you see it

Deleted
    Blizzard and nova got huge spell effects now, dont worry, you cant miss it when you see it
    Yes? That is intentional, they made the spell effects like that. I still don't see the relation between raiding with mages and priests and not being able to turn the new effects off. What is the problem that you didn't state in the first post?

I wish I could turn them off because of how terrible they are. For once I'm grateful Blizzard treats Warlocks poorly.

10+ Year Old Account
    changing things without leaving options is a pretty huge design mistake

Yes? That is intentional, they made the spell effects like that. I still don't see the relation between raiding with mages and priests and not being able to turn the new effects off. What is the problem that you didn't state in the first post?
    This isn't a very good posting gimmick, fwiw
    MMO-Champ users log on and just say things

10+ Year Old Account
    They should reduce the animations that aren't yours so they don't take up all the screen space

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    When I played FFXIV I ended up turning off seeing other peoples abilities because it just gets to the point you can see what's going on.

Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    There's only 8 people, it is seriously not that bad.

20 mans on the other hand, with these new animations? RiP toaster PCs that have been playing since 2004.

You can fucking see shit. Hurrdurrr

Quote Originally Posted by WintersLegion View Post
    When I played FFXIV I ended up turning off seeing other peoples abilities because it just gets to the point you can see what's going on.
    I've personally never had this problem, but I'm also the type of person that doesn't stack on other melee.

Wsit for the next 40 man timewalking raid. Fuckin powerpoint fps

Haven't seen Blizzard yet, but Holy Nova is way less obnoxious now. So can I have what you're smoking?

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Wsit for the next 40 man timewalking raid. Fuckin powerpoint fps
    What do you play on? And Easy Bake Oven?

It's a very obvious point, so much so nobody thought it needed explaining. With those particle and spell effects, it's difficult to see what the hell you're doing in a large group of people. Raiding is a sea of audio and visual bombardment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stupid idea to have an ability to turn off features that are meant to be permanent.

Don't like it, then you can reduce particle density or spell effect.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    They should reduce the animations that aren't yours so they don't take up all the screen space
    They reduce/remove a lot of animations for screen space and performance