Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Wait for next expansion.

Is it just me or do I think it's the perfect time to return? Massive boost to ap% gains, means you are practicallt on the same level. If you play casually serious for a week you have 915 gear. Which is enough of a start for w/e you want to do. Imo its the ideal time

You will catch up don't worry about it. Only problem is you will have 1 million quests when you hit 110 but you will survive

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I haven't played since Wotlk. I feel I've missed so much. I'm a little overwhelmed. Is it a bad time to come back to WoW or better to start at the beginning of the next exp?
    Didn't you listen at the end of Wrath? Leave this place, and never return.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Sure start your ap grind right now and you might be competitive by the time the next expansion launches.
    Don't listen to that bs. Right now its the perfect to come back bacause of the Patch, that launched today

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    I'd advise against it.

But if you're dead set on it you can get to a decent Ilvl (Raid quality) pretty quick in 7.3.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 View Post
    Sure start your ap grind right now and you might be competitive by the time the next expansion launches.
    or just avoid the AP grind, enjoy levelling to 110 - find a class/spec you like and grind gold or professions until next expansion

7+ Year Old Account
    All that moves is easily heard in the void.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    I haven't played since Wotlk. I feel I've missed so much. I'm a little overwhelmed. Is it a bad time to come back to WoW or better to start at the beginning of the next exp?
    Perhaps time it to come back about a month or so before the next expansion launches. This will let you get at least a few toons up to max level and ready for the new content.

One of the biggest changes since Wrath is that leveling is fairly quick, but excessively boring by design due to the triviality (even without heirloom gear). You will be rather frustrated doing this now only to find yourself so far behind in the current expansion that you will likely not be able to get to much end-game content outside of LFR and basic Mythic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayelar View Post
    Don't listen to that bs. Right now its the perfect to come back bacause of the Patch, that launched today
    It's only bullshit if you dont' want to raid or get into a mythic 5 man group.

Catch-up mechanics are pretty good at this point in Legion, so you could start now without worrying too much about all the stuff you will unlock once you hit max level.

As for it all feeling overwhelming, you don't have to complete all the content in one sitting. Like there's not much reason to complete the Suramar questline at this point unless you want to complete Pathfinder to unlock Broken Isles flying, which isn't a very big deal now that we're at Argus (where you can't fly anyway).

Nobody can tell you when the time is right.

You want to? Then do. MMO-C has a community filled with Negative Nate, jaded trolls and just plain trolls. Their feelings are not yours, the game is made to cater towards returning players just fine.

In fact, if you want to raid, I'd say now is a great time to return. Between tiers, but with the new catch-up mechanics in place.

I guess it's really only an issue if you have qualms about shelling out the money for the xpac.

I feel like, if you have the 60 bucks or whatever, and you want to play, I don't get the reason not to.

Catch-up has never been so easy, and the questlines are pretty streamlined (all of the big quests just show up when you're eligible). I took a break for a few months and came back with no problems. If you haven't played since Wrath, then there's a whole bunch of new stuff to check out based on what your interests are.

What are your interests/goals and what is it that you're worried about? In other words, what outcome would be satisfying and what would be regrettable for you as a player?

I don't really understand all these people saying "Don't play, wait another year or whatever for the next expansion." Get in there and kill some demons, man!

Once you're 110 and can queue for stuff, you will get geared very quickly. In all of the LFR/LFD groups I've been in, players are very generous with trading personal loot that isn't an upgrade for them. Obviously if you want to take your time, you can do that too.
    Last edited by 33kamous3; 2017-09-01 at 04:21 AM.

Perfect time to come bsck. My bear was 880 last week and I'm 916 now with like 57 points in my wep. Only 1 leggo tho that's the shitty part. All of this without stepping food into tos past lfr on my alt. Srsly mythic + is crazy gear now

Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Unfortunately - WotLK was best xpack in Wow's history. Since then Wow has been on constant downfall slope. Current game has nothing to do with old glory days of WotLK. It's more like GW2 copy-paste now. I mean, technically - not copy-paste of story of course. Things, like personal story, CRZ, sharding, dynamic events, claustrophobic outdoor design, 3-button style class mechanics, etc. You can try GW2 for free to see, what Wow is about now. But... If you like raiding, then you should know, that raiding - is the only thing, that never changes and always has same high quality.
    Bolded part's important:
    Unless you play BM hunter, and not even that, your argument is invalid.
    I for my part play classes (WW, shadow) with ~8 rotational "buttons" plus many more situational ones.

And GW2, seriously? Last time I played that it was a grind for outdoor events that award Exp cuz there were no quests around the range of lvl 15-22. Which made me regret buying that game.

Quote Originally Posted by ceall View Post
    Bolded part's important:
    Unless you play BM hunter, and not even that, your argument is invalid.
    I for my part play classes (WW, shadow) with ~8 rotational "buttons" plus many more situational ones.
    It's a bit of a dead meme, most specs have 5+ buttons, and people ignore the details to the specs. It's never just "hit buttons in this order" there's passives, set bonuses, talents to play around.

But it's a good way to see who the trash players are, anyone who thinks all specs are faceroll 3 button playstyles, don't have any idea how to play whatever spec they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    This all of course before mentioning the other catch up mechanics put into play in 7.3 and prior.
    Like handing everyone and their dog AK41?

Don't listen to the trolls. This is an amazing patch in an amazing expansion. All the catch-up mechanics make it really easy. If people use "Artifact Power is a grind" as a reason to not start playing then they are literally trolls who are just salty.

Remember, MMO-champ is just a group of people who were probably banned on the official forums.