I'm just happy it stays at a constant 60FPS even under heavy action on my PC, while still looking great.

Sounds like a preorder to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    I'm just happy it stays at a constant 60FPS even under heavy action on my PC, while still looking great.

Sounds like a preorder to me.
    Just don't turn up AA to MSAA its broke as fuck (Unless they fixed it in the past 24hrs).
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Just don't turn up AA to MSAA its broke as fuck (Unless they fixed it in the past 24hrs).
    I didn't fiddle with anything, only glanced through to see it set things like "Shadow Details" to "Low" on it's own, which I mean...doesn't everyone do that anyway

I'll have to check when I get home again though, I only looked to see things like model details was on high.

I didn't fiddle with anything, only glanced through to see it set things like "Shadow Details" to "Low" on it's own, which I mean...doesn't everyone do that anyway

I'll have to check when I get home again though, I only looked to see things like model details was on high.
    I raised everything to High or Highest. Gifs don't come pretty on their own.

Speaking of, I feel like the Esc button doesn't pause the game...which is dumb.

On my rig at 1080p I maxed everything out including AA and it tanked my fps to around 45. Changed MSAA to SMAA and it locked my fps to 60. Like Edge posted a few pages back seems MSAA is broken right now. I even had shadows maxed out.

Game seems to run great even on the most low end of pc's.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post

Destiny is like Dark Souls ESC doesn't pause and that is intended, Since it is a Online MP game.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

I don't think it did even on the console. It would be like expecting esc to pause WoW, even when you're doing stuff alone, there's other players that can be in the area.

On my rig at 1080p I maxed everything out including AA and it tanked my fps to around 45. Changed MSAA to SMAA and it locked my fps to 60. Like Edge posted a few pages back seems MSAA is broken right now.

Game seems to run great even on the most low end of pc's.
    Hey, my computer isn't that bad! It's....uh....
    Something? And it runs stuff well! 1080p though here also.

Quote Originally Posted by jester joe View Post
    hey, my computer isn't that bad! It's....uh....
    Something? And it runs stuff well! 1080p though here also.
    lol.......

lol.......
    Just because you got your fancy shmancy sig with your computer parts doesn't mean all of us bother to remember!
    ;p
    Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 380, Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor, ASRock Z170 Extreme3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 is what it ended up being in terms of parts.

Just because you got your fancy shmancy sig with your computer parts doesn't mean all of us bother to remember!
    ;p
    Gigabyte AMD Radeon R9 380, Intel Core i5-6600K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor, ASRock Z170 Extreme3 ATX LGA1151 Motherboard, Avexir Core Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 is what it ended up being in terms of parts.
    Oh ya u can run it maxed out then (Besides AA) and keep 60FPS.

Also hardy har har

Herald of the Titans BarelyLegalBear's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by everydaygamer View Post
    You gotta remember that Destiny 1 had alot of problems going on behind the scenes that screwed up Development. This is basically a do-over for Bungie and based on Taken King and Rise of Iron I doubt we'll have to worry about a lack of content.
    I'm not entirely worried about lack of content, i'm more worried if it'll have too much paid DLC.

15+ Year Old Account

You expected to be able to pause a MMO?

lol

10+ Year Old Account
    How long do you guys think it will take after the game is fully launched for the PC crowd starts flipping out about aimbots and other such assistance utilities?

Technically, it has already started with the XIM2 issue, but i'm curious how long it takes until there is a very loud uproar of people flipping out about cheaters.

(Not hating on PC, just hating on the inevitable cheaters)
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/beta%20test

All a "beta test" really implies is that it's a largely external pool of testers, where alphas are usually internal or at least internally-selected. You're making up artificial standards that don't exist, and trying to claim they are "fact".

This is a beta test, as much as you don't want to admit it. Nothing about "beta test" requires that it be a launch-ready full version of the system (in this case, a game) in question.
    For all intents and purposes, by the time a game gets to Public Beta phase, it's intended to be like 95+% launch ready and are meant to really show off the game to as many people as possible and test the servers and hardware internally to make sure they don't explode/ crash at launch or give them an idea of what the load will be like so they can put mitigation in place to keep that from happening. But the game itself will very likely launch in almost the exact same state the open Beta was in, minus the really obvious bugs and balance tweaks they were probably already working on anyway.

So while this may still technically be a Beta because they are doing some minor tests and data gathering on some stuff, it's much more of a publicity thing than any deep game testing, bug finding and troubleshooting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    For all intents and purposes, by the time a game gets to Public Beta phase, it's intended to be like 95+% launch ready and are meant to really show off the game to as many people as possible and test the servers and hardware internally to make sure they don't explode/ crash at launch or give them an idea of what the load will be like so they can put mitigation in place to keep that from happening. But the game itself will very likely launch in almost the exact same state the open Beta was in, minus the really obvious bugs and balance tweaks they were probably already working on anyway.

So while this may still technically be a Beta because they are doing some minor tests and data gathering on some stuff, it's much more of a publicity thing than any deep game testing, bug finding and troubleshooting.
    And given that they have tons of open world content, tons more PvP options, tons more pve strikes, an actual character and gear progression system, all that's ready to go but not in the beta, because the beta isn't meant to give everyone access to everything. They want to test systems, but they do NOT want to give everyone early access to the whole game, they want a lot of it to be a surprise at launch.

Because other companies have had beta tests that went on for weeks, and people played them and got bored and then never bought the game.

man i prefer console over pc as its what all my friends play destiny on, but fuck me do i want 60 fps. LOL i pre ordered for xbox one though, as i guess friends > 60 fps

10+ Year Old Account
    On release are you able to freely switch subclasses like in the beta? Never played the first one. Enjoying Warlock, haven't played much though, died alot on the strike as i was just jumping around.

Quote Originally Posted by Criiz View Post
    On release are you able to freely switch subclasses like in the beta? Never played the first one. Enjoying Warlock, haven't played much though, died alot on the strike as i was just jumping around.
    You will, if its like the first, start as one by default. You kind of stay locked to it just so you can level it up to unlock things like grenades for tutorials sake at first. Bare in mind these were largely full specs. You start with nothing. Levelling unlocks grenades, double/glide jumps, supers and so on. Then you later swap to another spec and again start with nothing and level it. One you have multiple options you can swap between the 3 on the fly, even in combat. But dont expect to fill it up quick. Especially all 3 specs per class.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    How long do you guys think it will take after the game is fully launched for the PC crowd starts flipping out about aimbots and other such assistance utilities?

Technically, it has already started with the XIM2 issue, but i'm curious how long it takes until there is a very loud uproar of people flipping out about cheaters.

(Not hating on PC, just hating on the inevitable cheaters)
    I expect the Division or faster.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    I expect the Division or faster.
    Same. Bungie has said they have implemented anti cheating measures, but I have a feeling that will only influence people to try and work around it even harder.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those of you who plan on picking up the game and want to give a little while getting a little, Bungie has a pin/in game emblem with proceeds going to the hurricane relief:

https://bungiestore.com/collections/featured/products/destiny-2-bungie-foundation-collectible-pin-with-emblem

I know a few people in Houston and surrounding areas so it struck a cord with me. Don't feel obligated or anything please but I figured I'd pass it on for those interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Same. Bungie has said they have implemented anti cheating measures, but I have a feeling that will only influence people to try and work around it even harder.
    I pre-ordered for PS4. I would really love to play it on PC because shooters are just more responsive and precise with a M+KB and my PC is stronger than my PS4, but knowing the kinds of things possible on PC based on other online shooters and their PvP...I'm hesitant.

I didn't play the beta on either platform so don't really know what I'm missing. Based on what I'm hearing here, is PC performance really that much better than PS4?