Page 38 of 50 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vordie View Post
    Honestly, Xe'ra's voice when she was talking to Illidan was so creepy to me. She was calm as fuck while saying things that the Legion or any evil character could say.

OH HERE, let me CHAIN you and force some power inside of you. Like damn gurl.
    Xera was more thirsty then the Sahara.

7+ Year Old Account

Then they kicked they tried to kick the demon hunter because he refused mechanics, but he reminded them his dps was insane, so they let him stay
    would make the rest... But too memed out for now...
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Thing is at the time of BC, we had no idea Illidan was doing this mass plan to destroy the Legion, only him and his forces and demon Hunters knew. Not really our fault. I mean the way they handled our *Ignorance* wasn't the best. I get what you are saying though, yes we were ignorant...but Xe'ra condemning us cause Illidan really was just ending the Legion. Well it makes me want to give her the middle finger.

The reason for that was he was trying to fool Kil'jaedan. It was a delicate situation where he was working against the legion but he had to look like he was working for it to KJ. If he told the alliance/horse his real plan that info could get to KJ.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    The reason for that was he was trying to fool Kil'jaedan. It was a delicate situation where he was working against the legion but he had to look like he was working for it to KJ. If he told the alliance/horse his real plan that info could get to KJ.
    No Illidan did that in frizen throne by bc he was openly at odds with the Legion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I keep seeing people refer to Illidan's reaction and demeanor in this cutscene as "edgy" or "edgelord," but I've got to admit I'm a bit confused as to how the terms apply. Insofar as I understand "edgy" is supposed to imply a projected nihilism or taboo behaviors designed to shock or cause offense - but Illidan's reaction here doesn't seem nihilistic or all that shocking (I mean it might be considered shocking within the game's narrative, but definitely not from an audience perspective). Xe'ra tries to force her will and her designs on Illidan and he refuses in the strongest possible terms, as fully expected. Is this "edgelord" behavior? It doesn't seem nihilistic or taboo in any real sense - and the shock seems more genuine than simply affected.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Calex View Post
    Could the Light and the Void be two sides of the same coin and we are stuck in the middle of their war ? If you look it in a certain way the light can give life so can the void (at least I view in such a way), although a very corrupted form of life but still life .
    Naaru grow as crystals. Crystals are known for growing in uniform shapes and distinct patterns. Old Gods grow as fleshy tumors, unchecked and random in structure.

The Void is ever-hungry, always seeking to devour more. The Void tells you there's no good, no evil. There is only power. This is important, because it tells us how the Void thinks. How we've seen its followers think. Have the Mantid ever shown the least concern for morality? Do they claim they follow evil for evil's sake? Or are they cold-hearted Darwinists who send the majority of their race to die in pointless conflicts, just to weed out the weak as part of their eugenic policy? Who overthrew one Queen for being too kind and trying to spare her young by stopping the swarm? Is there an end goal to this swarm?

I think the difference between the Light and Void is a matter of ideals. To the Light, there's ideas like good and evil. There is a right and a wrong. There is an idea of what something should be, faith and justice. It seeks to do good for good's sake.

On the other hand, the Void doesn't see things that way. It doesn't hurt things to because it's trying to do evil. It does it because it enjoys causing pain or simply doesn't give a shit. It seeks to grow and stronger not to reach any ideal state of being, but because it simply wants more. There is no end point. No perfect. No right. No wrong. That is why their corruption is ugly and random. There is no standard of beauty. There is no standard for anything. The Void doesn't need to seek to do evil for evil's sake. It will do plenty enough evil just for curiosity or entertainment, to simply feed its own selfish desires.

Sometimes the Void might merely be curious and not openly sadistic. Sometimes it may help or form alliances of convenience. But there are never any real moral ideals.
    Last edited by KrakHed; 2017-08-30 at 08:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Remind me... Xe'ra was killed at the beginning of our legion journey right? "Killed" by Velen's son right? Why are we just now putting him back together? I thought he was vaporized... I'm very confused.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Remind me... Xe'ra was killed at the beginning of our legion journey right? "Killed" by Velen's son right? Why are we just now putting him back together? I thought he was vaporized... I'm very confused.
    Different naaru.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    O'ros was killed in the Exodar by Rakeesh. Xe'ra's sentience-core or "heart" was sent to use through the Fel Storm portal with a message from Turalyon, and unlocked fully by using the Tear of Elune. We brought it with us aboard the Vindicaar and restored Xe'ra to life by reuniting it with her remains on the Xenedar.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    I keep seeing people refer to Illidan's reaction and demeanor in this cutscene as "edgy" or "edgelord," but I've got to admit I'm a bit confused as to how the terms apply. Insofar as I understand "edgy" is supposed to imply a projected nihilism or taboo behaviors designed to shock or cause offense - but Illidan's reaction here doesn't seem nihilistic or all that shocking (I mean it might be considered shocking within the game's narrative, but definitely not from an audience perspective). Xe'ra tries to force her will and her designs on Illidan and he refuses in the strongest possible terms, as fully expected. Is this "edgelord" behavior? It doesn't seem nihilistic or taboo in any real sense - and the shock seems more genuine than simply affected.
    I think many consider his personality and demon hunters as edgy due to the way they act "I've sacrificed everything, what have you given." Their look and talking all harshly and stuff. That isn't my view mind you.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That was a different naaru. The one Rakeesh killed served as the engine for the ship.

Deleted
    Illidan did nothing wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    I think many consider his personality and demon hunters as edgy due to the way they act "I've sacrificed everything, what have you given." Their look and talking all harshly and stuff. That isn't my view mind you.
    And I think you might be able to accurately call the general DH attitude "edgy," what with the whole "sacrifice" theme and them being generally confrontational about their role in the Legion campaign. I just don't think it attaches to the Illidan vs. Xe'ra cutscene very well, and it's beginning to read more like "I don't like Illidan and so I can't like this" as opposed to having any kind of real weight as criticism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    And I think you might be able to accurately call the general DH attitude "edgy," what with the whole "sacrifice" theme and them being generally confrontational about their role in the Legion campaign. I just don't think it attaches to the Illidan vs. Xe'ra cutscene very well, and it's beginning to read more like "I don't like Illidan and so I can't like this" as opposed to having any kind of real weight as criticism.
    That's one thing going for Khadgar: Though they may be annoying at times, the fact that he can makes jokes and doesn't always have a stick up his backside is quite refreshing in a sea of NPCs who "All! Talk like! This!!!"

7+ Year Old Account
    that wasnt xe'ra...

that was o'ros, a naaru relative of xe'ra

Formerly known as Arafal

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurbon View Post
    That's one thing going for Khadgar: Though they may be annoying at times, the fact that he can makes jokes and doesn't always have a stick up his backside is quite refreshing in a sea of NPCs who "All! Talk like! This!!!"
    I'm actually fine with most of Khadgar's VO on the Broken Shore (though I do admit he hams it up a little too much at times). He has the good sense to lampshade his humor and penchant for puns as well - using to keep up his own spirits and, by extension, the player's as they slog through the Legion's front lines. Illidan's continued choice to speak only in quotable quotes is often more annoying, but it also seems to be a product of ancient Night Elven culture as his stilted dialogue is a trait he shares (to a lesser degree) with Tyrande, Malfurion, and many of the Nightborne NPC's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    that wasnt xe'ra...

that was o'ros, a naaru relative of xe'ra
    I guess the Exodar is never going to get off the ground

Be nice if it actually floats above Azuremyst
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium

Might be possible. The presence of a Naaru helmsmen seems a requirement for interdimensional travel and warping through the Twisting Nether, but as the Vindicaar demonstrates the Draenei are capable of making a craft that can move through space at high speeds and achieve high orbit above a world. If the Exodar isn't already capable of such travel the Draenei could retrofit it with an engine similar to the Vindicaar's (if they so choose).

7+ Year Old Account

They honestly could just rebuild the core and turn thw ship into a bigger vindicaar.

Formerly known as Arafal

I think the problem with the Exodar is that it's all shot to hell, and they'd be better off just building a new one.