Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Pork is pork. It doesn't matter where it went, it's bad.
    I said "where's the pork", and you respond with "pork is pork. it's bad." Do you know how questions work?

P.S. - You couldn't properly answer the question, because there is no pork in the bill. It's all disaster related spending.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account

Also, please stop denying your prior statements.
    Yet another disingenuous dishonest post from you, but then introspection and self-delusion are counter to each other.

The Sandy bill was a ridiculous pile of pork that had two thirds of the money going to stuff completely unrelated to the storm.
    it was a one page long bill that allocated funds to relief. stop lying, or don't, it lets people know what they get into when "debating" you.

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Also illegal.

Texas has laws against price gouging during times of disaster.

sigh....

normal price for water in these stores

1.25-1.79 a bottle

1.79 a bottle x 24 = 42.96

Most of these stores do not sell cases of water just bottles.

how is this gouging.

guess i should start filing my reports in the north east as almost EVERY store and vending machine is gouging people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zan15 View Post
    sigh....

1.25-1.79 a bottle

how is this gouging.

guess i should start filing my reports in the north east as almost EVERY store and vending machine is gouging people.
    I have never payed $42.96 for a 24 pack of water. I use to buy them all the time when I was in college.

- - - Updated - - -

Regardless, people are being complete assholes in Texas: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.8ae85f820b16
    Putin khuliyo

10+ Year Old Account
    sigh....

1.25-1.79 a bottle

how is this gouging.

I'll say it's because that's almost three times the normal retail price of said product. Even if we accept that the price is normally 1.79 per bottle at that store, that is still gouging. It's just the same gouging they do every day.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account

Also, please stop denying your prior statements.
    Please provide evidence of what is Pork in the 2nd bill. From a bystander, while other sides may have been sloppy with statements, it very much appears that you are the one arguing disingenuously.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    King resented there being resistance to his pork-tastic attempt to exploit compassion for storm victims to fleece the taxpayer for vote purchasing.

The Sandy package King is talking about was 4:1 non-relief spending on pork projects.
    The Sandy bill was a ridiculous pile of pork that had two thirds of the money going to stuff completely unrelated to the storm. There was literally new Amtrak terminals in the bill. It's never bad to vote against corrupt pork bills that are effectively political wish lists of goodies for donors.

The second effort bill, had less pork but it was still including nonsense way above and beyond the damage, post insurance claims.
    Quote Originally Posted by satimy View Post
    No the left wing can't do something nice without letting everyone know about it. New York and New Jersey can blame there own politics for stuffing pork into a relief bill.
    After reading the past 4 pages I'm still confused.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.62b6e4c4562b

“The problem with that particular bill is it became a $50 billion bill that was filled with unrelated pork. Two-thirds of that bill had nothing to do with Sandy.”
    I see the parrots echoing Cruz, but I still don't see any pork?

Where's the bee- er pork?

https://www.congress.gov/bill/113th-...house-bill/152

Cruz (R-TX), Nay
    Last edited by -Nurot; 2017-08-30 at 07:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I'll say it's because that's almost three times the normal retail price of said product. Even if we accept that the price is normally 1.79 per bottle at that store, that is still gouging. It's just the same gouging they do every day.
    that is within the standard price for bottles of water, so it would not meet the definition of price gouging.

would be like people complaining about 40 dollars for a tank of gas, when just 1 gallon cost 2.00.

why should a business sell a case of water for a lot less then 1 water x 24? Does your gas station give you discount for buying 24 gallons?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shaderas View Post
    Please provide evidence of what is Pork in the 2nd bill. From a bystander, while other sides may have been sloppy with statements, it very much appears that you are the one arguing disingenuously.
    Good luck this is thread #3 that he jumps in with this pork excuse but then disappears with nary a comment, the man can't admit when he is wrong or that republicans can do wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    that is within the standard price for bottles of water
    Dasani 24 packs sell most places for 12-16$. It's just tap water.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Dasani 24 packs sell most places for 12-16$. It's just tap water.
    Again the company at issue here only sells individual bottles. they decided to sell the 24 pack instead of selling each one individually.
    are you saying they should take a loss vs their normal price because other people sell it cheaper?

so selling them individually for 1.79 is ok, but you have to take way less profit if you sell them in packs of 24?

what about stores that sell it for 20 bucks a case, but i can get it at walmart for 7.99 are they gouging?