Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    This doesn't even make sense, really.
    Which is the first of many problems you seem to have. Do you know what a nazi is or refers to? Are you aware of what neo-nazi's do and to whom the worship. Are you aware of WWII?

The puzzle you found yourself in should now work itself out. The rest of us will just wait.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    If by harm you mean violence then report the individual. They get indicted, problem solved.
    I don't disagree with this at all.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by zEmini View Post
    Teh same reason people don't just call them nazis, White Nationalists or KKK. Just group them as Alt-Right rednecks and be done with .
    Huh? They are a self-made group? Why are not just saying what you mean with 'alt-left'?

Wonder why?

I gave up the better part of my 20's in service to our nation, I swore an oath to uphold the constitution. I love our rights and freedoms. I see young men and women in the streets doing everything they can to stifle or outright abolish those rights and it pisses me off. Especially when many college students (around 40%) don't believe in freedom of speech as it exists today.

Over the past year, groups like ANTIFA have assaulted, harassed, and otherwise hurt not just "neo-nazis" or whatever, but just normal conservatives like myself who like to attend conservative speaking events and rallies.
    Here's the thing, are you just as outraged at the conservatives who has pushed to become far more authoritarian in recent years? I also gave up most of my 20's to serve, and I'm watching both parties and sides of this country turn to shit. For every liberal who wants to stifle free speech, you have a conservative who wants to stifle immigration. For every liberal who wants a de facto ban on guns, you have a conservative supporting a de facto ban on abortion. They are the same. They are both authoritarian, and they both have a clear disdain for freedom.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    Because "alt-right" is self ascribed by its members while "alt-left" was a name Trump came up with to make it sound like the left has an alternative movement, which it really doesn't. Sorry but I don't count communists and anachists as lefties but a bunch of retards that don't belong anywhere.
    One thing you ever said I agreed with. Well aside from communist and anarchist being left.

Quote Originally Posted by Xandrigity View Post
    The current day nazi skinhead is very out in the open.
    What does have to do with their crimes past and present? there's no moral equivalency here unless you think killing people doesn't count.

Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    The problem is, they are resorting to violence in order to avoid that authoritarianism... You cannot get much more authoritarian than violence, which makes them hypocrites.
    The whole idea of Anarcho-communism is ironic.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    I'm going to vociferously disagree and point again to those definitions.

Authoritarianism uses violence, or the threat of such, to establish power. That does not make all uses of violence "authoritarianism", any more than Kim Jong Un's use of elections makes every democracy a dystopian hellscape of a dictatorship.

Were the Allied forces "authoritarian" for fighting Hitler? Is it "authoritarian" to defend yourself from someone attacking you with murderous intent? Are violent sports like boxing and MMA "authoritarian"? It's a silly argument, on its face.
    Ideally, one would base it on whether the use of force is to counter a stronger use of force, or if it is used to stifle freedom. In the case of AntiFa, they are usually using violence against people who have not chosen to use violence. That's the problem. If I see you beating a woman, and I use force to stop you, I'm not the problem. If I see you saying things I don't like,a nd I use force to stop you, I am the problem.

Which is AntiFa?

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. Only if you've falsely conflated communism with authoritarianism in your head, which is pretty obviously false. Marx's Utopia was as anti-authoritarian a system as could be conceived.

Quote Originally Posted by Noxx79 View Post
    Because the alt right named themselves. The alt left name is an attempt to deflect from the obvious white nationalist alt right roots.
    You know there aren't that many people in the KKK/Skinhead/Aryan Nation right? And the bulk of them are in prisons around the country.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

It's hypocritical at its very core. Then again, so is modern conservatism in America... as well as liberalism in this country.

I'm going to vociferously disagree and point again to those definitions.

Authoritarianism uses violence, or the threat of such, to establish power. That does not make all uses of violence "authoritarianism", any more than Kim Jong Un's use of elections makes every democracy a dystopian hellscape of a dictatorship.

Were the Allied forces "authoritarian" for fighting Hitler? Is it "authoritarian" to defend yourself from someone attacking you with murderous intent? Are violent sports like boxing and MMA "authoritarian"? It's a silly argument, on its face.

Which, again, isn't a defense of their choice to resort to violence, which I don't support. I'm just saying words mean things, and use of violence does not automatically mean you're "authoritarian".
    OH lord, lets please not try to compare ANTIFA members with Allied WW2 soldiers fighting Hitlers Germany.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    LOL yeah blame the public because they reject this fucking moronic ass clown, even the many on the right who only thought about themselves realizing he is a fucking idiot.
    I have no clue why you posted this as a reply to my quote.

Not really. Only if you've falsely conflated communism with authoritarianism in your head, which is pretty obviously false. Marx's Utopia was as anti-authoritarian a system as could be conceived.
    The only way to force people to comply with communism, is some sort of state apparatus.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    You know there aren't that many people in the KKK/Skinhead/Aryan Nation right? And the bulk of them are in prisons around the country.
    Last I read it was around 5-6k members nationwide, including those in prison already.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, that is so why the fuck do you associate that with Liberals and why the fuck do you consider that a dominant force that you apply to Antifa. The left have the ability to self correct a lot better than the right so called tells it like it is or is laughable as Anti-PC. They aren't and until I see the right call out and put in check these Alt-Right Neo Nazi's and paint with a broad brush then everyone else is allowed to do the same.

The alt-right labeled themselves, and it's a bit easier to do when you're a loosely assembled group with somebody silently agreed upon to speak for you. There's plenty of leftists that would identify on the opposite end but they can hardly be considered a group. I see antifa protests more as Facebook events that get very popular within certain communities than anything else with a bunch super enthusiastic people at the spear to make it come together.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Machismo View Post
    Ideally, one would base it on whether the use of force is to counter a stronger use of force, or if it is used to stifle freedom. In the case of AntiFa, they are usually using violence against people who have not chosen to use violence. That's the problem. If I see you beating a woman, and I use force to stop you, I'm not the problem. If I see you saying things I don't like,a nd I use force to stop you, I am the problem.

Which is AntiFa?
    It's still not "authoritarianism". What you're describing is whether use of force is justifiable, which is an important discussion, but not relevant to the definition of what is and is not "authoritarian".

You're creating a situation where anarchists (the extreme opposite of authoritarians) are themselves authoritarian if they resort to violence. Violence isn't a factor in any of this. Violence isn't something that leans left or right, libertarian or authoritarian. It's part of the human condition, for better or worse. That doesn't mean we need to overlook or support it, but there's no reason to start misusing basic words as a form of slander; if words don't mean anything, language is pointless.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only way to force people to comply with communism, is some sort of state apparatus.
    The same can be said about capitalism there is literally nowhere in the world you can live without being forced to comply with capitalism even when it isn't working unless you live in North Korea which is exactly what you describe.

And right now the form of capitalism we have now is fucking easting itself.

Yes, that is so why the fuck do you associate that with Liberals and why the fuck do you consider that a dominant force that you apply to Antifa. The left have the ability to self correct a lot better than the right so called tells it like it is or is laughable as Anti-PC. They aren't and until I see the right call out and put in check these Alt-Right Neo Nazi's and paint with a broad brush then everyone else is allowed to do the same.
    I make a very strong distinction between "liberals" and "leftists".

Liberals are reasonable people who have noble intentions. I may disagree with their methods to achieve their goals, but are decent people.

LEftists are dangerous and if left to their own device and allowed to gain power, kill lots and lots of people. Mao's China, Stalins Russia, Pol Pot's Cambodia just to name a few.

- - - Updated - - -

The same can be said about capitalism there is literally nowhere in the world you can live without being forced to comply with capitalism even when it isn't working unless you live in North Korea which is exactly what you describe.

And right now the form of capitalism we have now is fucking easting itself.
    Capitalism at it's core is people engaging in voluntary economic transactions. Capitalism isn't perfect, but it's a hell of a lot more altruistic than any form of communism could ever hope to be.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeezy911 View Post
    I have no clue why you posted this as a reply to my quote.
    Then maybe you should read your own fucking post and then follow the logical reply as it quoted. Instead of playing I don't know what you said, more likely meaning what it says and you made up in your mind as important don't match.

Trump calling out the Alt-Left is no more effective with anybody but idiots, just like calling the MSM as Fake news. It's a joke and he and those that believe what he says are the punch line.