10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    I didn't play the beta on either platform so don't really know what I'm missing. Based on what I'm hearing here, is PC performance really that much better than PS4?
    Generally, people with even fairly middling machines are getting 60fps and good graphical performance in the beta (without MSAA, at least, which Bungie's still working out). The PS4 is going to be locked at 30fps. So right there, yeah, a big jump.

I didn't play the beta on either platform so don't really know what I'm missing. Based on what I'm hearing here, is PC performance really that much better than PS4?
    Base Ps4/XB1 graphic's is equal to around high settings on PC but the major difference is the jump from 30 to 60fps.

I'm personally getting PS4 first and will likely main PS4 but at some point if I like Destiny 2 enough ill be buying PC as well.

But.....DAMMMMMMMMMMMM is the difference between 30 and 60 night and day when it comes to Destiny 2.
    Last edited by Jtbrig7390; 2017-08-30 at 10:07 PM.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Generally, people with even fairly middling machines are getting 60fps and good graphical performance in the beta (without MSAA, at least, which Bungie's still working out). The PS4 is going to be locked at 30fps. So right there, yeah, a big jump.
    Only difference is that the PC version runs at 60fps and looks slightly better. Keep in mind there is always a possibility the full version will have issues but for now it looks good.

Thanks for the information @Endus and @Jtbrig7390 . I'll have to try out both I guess. I'll keep my preorder on PS4 for now. I'll check out the beta and see how performance is on my PC to see if I want to make the jump. I have no solid reason to play on one over the other and just want to have fun playing and experiencing the game.

Thanks for the information @Endus and @Jtbrig7390 . I'll have to try out both I guess. I'll keep my preorder on PS4 for now. I'll check out the beta and see how performance is on my PC to see if I want to make the jump. I have no solid reason to play on one over the other and just want to have fun playing and experiencing the game.
    Well there is a month difference in release so u got time to figure out what one u want Its been own that Destiny 2 even runs great on low end rigs.

Just don't turn AA up to MSAA because its broke atm.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Well there is a month difference in release so u got time to figure out what one u want Its been own that Destiny 2 even runs great on low end rigs.

Just don't turn AA up to MSAA because its broke atm.
    PC Beta is free to get access to right? Didn't look very hard, but a cursory perusal of the Destiny 2 Beta site didn't really say one way or the other. I was going to try when I got home and find out for sure, but figured I'd ask anyway.

PC Beta is free to get access to right? Didn't look very hard, but a cursory perusal of the Destiny 2 Beta site didn't really say one way or the other. I was going to try when I got home and find out for sure, but figured I'd ask anyway.
    Yep just download it from the Battle Net client.

Its a 16GB download.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep just download it from the Battle Net client.

Its a 16GB download.
    I think you need to also register with Bungie.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Wtf. I stopped yesterday and it didn't save my place. I had to start from the very beginning.

Then this bullshit happened.

?????????? "Destroy the turbines." What turbines.

The game really doesn't have clear directions at all. The planning clearly isn't there, I guess they assume that as long as some 13 year olds get to shoot a gun on a cool looking video game, that's all that matters..........

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Wtf. I stopped yesterday and it didn't save my place. I had to start from the very beginning.

*snip*
    1. Missions don't save partway through. If you quit during one, you start over. They're essentially the same as instanced dungeons in a MMO in that way.

2. Go down below and you'll see what you need to shoot. Look at where the quest marker is, it's below where you're looking in that gif.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got confused here as well, but the quest marker is literally on what you have to shoot. Basically, you hop down to each of the lowered areas and fire into the fans in each. It's a little non-intuitive, but I figured it out.

Gameplay in the beta felt good. I much prefer shooters on PC over console. I do agree though that they should probably explain things a little clearer, I too spent more time than I should have on that turbine mission, and they didn't really tell you about the class abilities(grenade, super etc.)I had to go into the keybinds to figure out how to use those.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nope, I didn't have to register anything. Tho it does give you a warning that your data will be shared with Activision or Bungie (can't remember what exactly the message said. I just clicked past it).
    It ignores such insignificant forces as time, entropy, and death

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    1. Missions don't save partway through. If you quit during one, you start over. They're essentially the same as instanced dungeons in a MMO in that way.

2. Go down below and you'll see what you need to shoot. Look at where the quest marker is, it's below where you're looking in that gif.
    Well in Destiny 1 missions did have checkpoints at certain points so you could quit and return to it later. Opening missions are the exception since there would be no way to resume since you don't have access to the directory yet.

You mean besides the marker that literally points you In the direction to go?

The game really doesn't have clear directions at all. The planning clearly isn't there, I guess they assume that as long as some 13 year olds get to shoot a gun on a cool looking video game, that's all that matters..........

Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    I didn't register anything, Just downloaded the client and opened the game.

Quote Originally Posted by FobManX View Post
    Gameplay in the beta felt good. I much prefer shooters on PC over console. I do agree though that they should probably explain things a little clearer, I too spent more time than I should have on that turbine mission, and they didn't really tell you about the class abilities(grenade, super etc.)I had to go into the keybinds to figure out how to use those.
    I imagine that stuff is covered in tutorials, which weren't a part of this since it starts you at level 20. This was basically the build they've been showing off at shows, from what I can tell.

Unrelated - I really wish they'd ramp up recoil. I really dislike shooters like this where recoil is all but irrelevant given how easy it is to compensate for : /

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Unrelated - I really wish they'd ramp up recoil. I really dislike shooters like this where recoil is all but irrelevant given how easy it is to compensate for : /
    Its the guns we got, other guns (weaker ones) and other types of guns have higher recoil.

At lease in Destiny 1 they did.

Its the guns we got, other guns (weaker ones) and other types of guns have higher recoil.

At lease in Destiny 1 they did.
    https://www.pcgamesn.com/destiny-2/d...2-no-recoil-pc

Well, there was this bit from earlier. They clarified there was still going to be recoil, but it definitely feels super toned down, more akin to the silly lack of recoil that exists in CoD. I hope it's not just the weapons, either, since we'll be rolling with those (and better) sooner rather than later. The audio/visual feedback from guns are great, it's just the "tactile" feedback from recoil that feels super off to me.

I normally don't align too closely with their editors opinions, but I really do have to echo a lot of their criticisms about the game feeling too "easy". I can't compare to Destiny, since I never played, but a lot of it definitely feels like "cheating" due to the insane accuracy you can achieve - https://www.vg247.com/2017/08/30/des...-bit-too-easy/

10+ Year Old Account
    Just played the Beta. Absolutely amazing! So fluid, so easy to move around, I really loved it. SO much better on KB+Mouse!
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.