playable nightborne in the future maybe?

So I was doing the new content in 7.3 and I saw a conversation between Lady Liandrin and Silgryn they were talking about the struggles of their people. Liandrin said being apart of the horde and having allies has helped the blood elves and Silgryn responds by saying he has much to ponder over. It got me thinking is this a hint at the possibility of nightborne being playable some way or another in the future? maybe as a subrace or something. Have any of you seen the conversation?What do you folks think?

Quote Originally Posted by demonik View Post
    So I was doing the new content in 7.3 and I saw a conversation between Lady Liandrin and Silgryn they were talking about the struggles of their people. Liandrin said being apart of the horde and having allies has helped the blood elves and Silgryn responds by saying he has much to ponder over. It got me thinking is this a hint at the possibility of nightborne being playable some way or another in the future? maybe as a subrace or something. Have any of you seen the conversation?What do you folks think?
    I'm honestly surprised they didn't do more with Suramar. Fly over that city and really look at the details, all that game art, those buildings, those models, armor, weapons, spell animations, citizens. It seems like an awful waste to not use them as a race choice in game. Not using the nightborne as a new race almost feels like not using pandaren as a race during MoP. I would assume they'd get to chose, alliance or horde.

I guess if they did make them a new race they'd have to get a new starting location, some extra lore, leader added to future alliance/horde cutscenes, yet another race to test and support for new armor models. Maybe Blizzard just didn't want to spend the extra effort between art, story, and engineering teams.

Still seems like a huge waste to just not use that race, city, and game art any more after this expansion.

My guess: Blizzard is totally doing subraces as part of the new character customization options for next expansion.

The nightborne were introduced in preparation for that. They'll give the Horde an "Alliance race", since they will be based off night elf models, while giving the Alliance high elves. They won't be the only two subraces, thought. I think we may get Broken, Nathanos-like forsaken and others.

I think nightborne will be a neutral race or subrace for night elves and blood elves

I just replayed through the entire Suramar storyline, and I couldn't help but think this was a way of seeding them for future playability. I generally dislike elf-stuffs, but Nightborne, really got me invested. I want to continue to see them post-Legion, so I wouldn't mind them as neutral at all.

I think race leader should be Thalyssra for both Alliance and Horde. I know that it would be weird, but since many expansions both factions have same objectives, so why not? Neutral races shold be neutral like Khadgar and other NPC's not like pandaren.