10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Haden got cut.

Hmm, seems like a decent use of Nick Fairley cap space.

10+ Year Old Account
    Cowboys at Texans (which was going to be played at the Cowboys) has been cancelled.

Apparently Teams and league rather have the players and coaches take care of their situation in Houston and help out there then a basically meaningless pre-season game. (in the Cowboys case it would have been their 5th anyway).

It's nice they tried to make it all for charity, but I think this is the better option. Players deserve to be at home with their families at this time.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Cowboys at Texans (which was going to be played at the Cowboys) has been cancelled.

Apparently Teams and league rather have the players and coaches take care of their situation in Houston and help out there then a basically meaningless pre-season game. (in the Cowboys case it would have been their 5th anyway).

It's nice they tried to make it all for charity, but I think this is the better option. Players deserve to be at home with their families at this time.
    Not only that but they are considering to cancel the Saints Raven game as well. Honestly they shouldn't, New Orleans has just gotten rain.... And they couldn't have gotten that much of it.

Edit: It has been reported that they are not canceling the Saints game.
    Last edited by apepi; 2017-08-30 at 05:13 PM.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account

Also to note, the Texans requested the game be cancelled. Customers have the option of getting a refund or leaving the money to be donated.

10+ Year Old Account
    "#Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict had his suspension reduced from 5 games to 3 games, a source said. He was informed today."

So 3 games he's out and his good buddy Pacman Jones is out 1 game to start the season. Great to have such players on your team...

10+ Year Old Account
    Great to have such players on your team...
    Burfict didn't even do anything...

You'd think a Patriots fan would be a little less judgmental and a little more sympathetic to overzealous suspensions with little or no cause.

Should have been completely removed because he didn't even do what their reasoning was for the suspension. Just another example of how terrible the league is with that stuff.

Lots of TJ Ward trade rumors. I don't really expect it to happen because it is being reported every way possible, but it would make complete sense if it did. Entering his last year of his contract and won't be back next year regardless, struggled last year and already has hamstring problems, and Jamal Carter has been good enough if they want to keep him they will need to keep 5 safeties. Not to mention Simmons/Stewart combo is substantially better in coverage situations, which were a problem with TEs/RBs last year because Ward sucks there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe Haden took less money to sign with the Steelers.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    https://twitter.com/diannaESPN?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"The Seahawks are trying to trade wide receiver Jermaine Kearse" @DiannaESPN

Can't say I'm that surprised. Kearse has been pretty bad the past 2 seasons.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

You'd think a Patriots fan would be a little less judgmental and a little more sympathetic to overzealous suspensions with little or no cause.
    Yeah, you'd think.

It's been pretty funny watching the league mansplain how this legal hit was illegal when they were white knighting Shazir spearing people unconscious two years ago.

But it's whatever. Burfict is under a microscope now.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Shit.

10 char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by draynay View Post

We'll agree to disagree. I watched that hit countless times both normal speed and slowed down, and I agree with the league in this case that he hit him with his shoulder in his neck area, with his shoulder moving up across. It was a dangerous hit.

There's also the fact he knows he's under the microscope and still makes hits like this. He's learned fuck all from being suspended all the previous times.

I'm all for guys not getting suspended for stupid shit, and the fact he got 5 games at first was overkill, but 3 games for being a repeat offender making questionable hits? No problem to me.

Can't have it both ways. Either the league takes care of it's players health and punishes bullshit like this or we get players that decide to retire at 26 cause of the risk of taking a hit like this the wrong way and being invalids the rest of their lives.

I'd rather the league protects the players that have not shown to be complete asshats that step on people on the ground and twist their ankels in an attempt to injure them.

Fuck Burfict and any player who behaves like him. (and frankly the coaching staffs and owners that enable them (Much like the Lions did with Suh too, not singling out the Bengals here))

10+ Year Old Account
    It's really no wonder that the NFL has become a passing league. Defenders will be playing patty cake within the 5 yard line in a decade or so.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    hes a bum now that he got paid anyway. gonna be burnt toast vs the bengals.

Quote Originally Posted by Covfefe the Strong View Post
    https://twitter.com/diannaESPN?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

"The Seahawks are trying to trade wide receiver Jermaine Kearse" @DiannaESPN

Can't say I'm that surprised. Kearse has been pretty bad the past 2 seasons.
    speaking of players turned bums when getting paid.

don't think anything will happen here, as with most trade rumors. been interesting listening to people trying to find a way to trade for sheldon richardson because of the Malik injury. It would be nice to have, buuut not gonna happen. Malik wasn't gonna have a big role anyway until Frank Clark inevitably leaves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Getting more & more impatient the closer we get to season start. Considering if I want to watch preseason games I have to watch shitty streams on the internet somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

don't think anything will happen here, as with most trade rumors. been interesting listening to people trying to find a way to trade for sheldon richardson because of the Malik injury. It would be nice to have, buuut not gonna happen. Malik wasn't gonna have a big role anyway until Frank Clark inevitably leaves.
    The Browns actually cover AJ Green very well.

Joe Haden was a huge part of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vetali View Post

Problem with Haden seems to be injuries. He's not been fully healthy and fully able to play like he can for like 3 years now. If he;s healthy and STAYS healthy he might still be decent (if the injury logic is true).

The smart money is on him just getting injured again though and not living up to his contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Haden to Steelers officially official now. Steelers account just tweeted a pic of him signing confirming it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    It's really no wonder that the NFL has become a passing league. Defenders will be playing patty cake within the 5 yard line in a decade or so.
    I for one, would like to join this patty cake league, I would be great at it.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

10+ Year Old Account
    $9mil a year still seems pricey, we got constantly injured DBs for way less than that already.

He's worth every penny if he stays on the field though.

Problem with Haden seems to be injuries. He's not been fully healthy and fully able to play like he can for like 3 years now. If he;s healthy and STAYS healthy he might still be decent (if the injury logic is true).

The smart money is on him just getting injured again though and not living up to his contract.

- - - Updated - - -

Haden to Steelers officially official now. Steelers account just tweeted a pic of him signing confirming it.
    Pretty much this. I didn't see what the guaranteed numbers are, so I'm unsure how favorable this contract really is, but that's a lot (top 10-15ish yearly money for CBs) for a guy who has looked downright terrible the last 2 years--including this preseason (yea, I know, preseason). Granted, like you implied, who knows where injuries end and a declining skill set begins with respect to his play over the last few years. He was fantastic from 2014 and prior and if he can be 75% of that it'll probably work out. With that said, this feels like maybe a little bit of desperation from the Steelers to get over their only real hurdle in the AFC. I'm sure they realize that Joe Haden can't fix their repeatedly poor choices of coverage scheme against Brady--but perhaps he'll help whatever they're trying to do this year to solve that problem.
    Last edited by Espo; 2017-08-31 at 02:20 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some WILD shit going on right now.

Josh McCown was playing for the Jets (who knows why, in PSG 4) and got hurt, he might not make week 1 starter this way.

AND

After doing like 3 different contracts today already the Texans finalize the BIG one they needed to do:

"The #Texans and star WR DeAndre Hopkins agreed to terms on a 5-year extension worth $81M, per @JamesPalmerTV and me. Nearly $50M guaranteed."

Rapoport

Texans definitely going all in with this roster.

- - - Updated - - -

Crap, several fringe roster guys/practice squad members going down with what looks like serious knee injuries in a few plays.

One of them Cyrus Jones, who looked like he had settled in and was ready to be the punt returner. If he is indeed out, means DJ Foster is probably making the roster. That might mean as many as SIX FB/RB's make the roster this year.