Page 8 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    This is bad with only 2 teleporters per sub zone and so close to each other and the main base.... Blizzard is still so terrible and it didnt get better.

I wonder what was going on trough Blizzards head to design a terrain this annoying to navigate.... for a zone we reside in for the next 6-8 months at the least. Why couldn't they just make these zones bigger and more wider? At this point it actually feels like I'm playing a single-player game, since they most of the time use these kind of terrains. And yeah there's still this thing of streamlined questing and to many cutscenes/to little gameplay that turns this even more into a SP, now they even decided to build the terrain around it. Since I've only did the new zones on a tank I didn't have a problem with all the mobs, but I'm not looking forward to run around there with my clothies.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Coffeh View Post
    Guess what: the real world has empty spaces. One of the biggest problem with current zone and world design is this incessant need by the designers to fill every square inch with npcs. It's utterly unrealistic and frustrating to traverse.

You want quality world design, look at vanilla WoW. That was a WORLD. Now they make questing zones.
    Dude, I know vanilla was a world with adventure, I played since Closed US Beta, of course the landmass is much much bigger.

Roads were still the safe areas unless you were very low level for the zone (walking a Nightelf through wetlands to ironforge was done early on, as people wanted to play with their dwarf/human/gnome friends).

Argus is obviously packed with much higher health enemies, and elites, but it's not meant to be the headquarters of friendship, but present more danger.

By the time the new raid is out, everyones itemlevel with skyrocket.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-31 at 10:12 AM.

Th things that bothers me the most is that you cant see if a rare or a chest is on a higher or lower altitude than you... annoying as hell sometimes.

I don't think it was that bad, people just aren't used to the zones and how to get to places. Just like highmountain, valsharah and stormheim were first time you got there.

What annoyed me is that some that PoI's arent more concentrated. Zone could have been half the size with same content.
    Going to kazaruun or w/e his name was from main road is like crossing an area half the size of a vanilla zone with just nothing interesting in between.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    By the time the new raid is out, everyones itemlevel with skyrocket.
    Mob health and damage scales with your ilvl since 7.1 or so.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It was 7.2.

It's not linear, so you still get more powerful over time.

Also broken isles mob damage does NOT scale anymore, they removed that after a while.

Not sure if Argus mobs have damage scaling however.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-08-31 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by urieliszcze View Post
    Yes, you are presented with a bit of navigational challenge. Nice to see it's more than enough.
    I get where i want to go eventually, it helps that my main is a warrior (heroic leap) and has engineering (Cloak glider tinker), but when i think of the things i enjoy in WoW, "Scurrying around trying to find the poorly visible path" doesn't come up very high on the ol' list...

Reading some of the comments on here just proves how spoiled some players are ever since they added flying to the game.

Deleted
    Also broken isles mob damage does NOT scale anymore, they removed that after a while.
    Uhm, what? They even increased the scaling despite a major cry out of the community at some point after.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by mysticx View Post
    I get where i want to go eventually, it helps that my main is a warrior (heroic leap) and has engineering (Cloak glider tinker), but when i think of the things i enjoy in WoW, "Scurrying around trying to find the poorly visible path" doesn't come up very high on the ol' list...
    Sounds like my reasons to be and have always been on the pro-flight side. It's the wing clip connoisseurs admitting their BS that make the whole thing so interesting.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Reading some of the comments on here just proves how spoiled some players are ever since they added flying to the game.
    Ever since? Flying was a part of this game longer than it wasnt, on top of being a advertised feature in TBC, etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenfoldor View Post
    lol @ this thread, best patch ever. So much winning.

Players want to not play, it's true. They've been playing a year, they want to log in once a week and raid or do a daily or two and log out, they've kept their character up and that's that.

Argus is a new quest zone that is going to last for months and months. It is a rich and storied quest zone and you won't breeze through it because you believe you are OP and have earned it. It will be just like Suramar, and this is the first time this late in an xpak that we've got something this good. So nice.
    Do you really compare this abomination to Suramar? WTF?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    It's not about flying, it's about shitty zone design. I had no problems with other no-flying endgame zones, and even Tanaan was better.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    This terrain design was also a thing in WOD. It's pretty terrible.

You'd have to spend 20mins in old world areas as a form of rehab. Ahhhhh Tanaris
    Exactly. I want Vanilla zone design back.

I haven't noticed the terrain being all that difficult. I mean, I'm not getting cramps in my fingers from moving the mouse, or eye strain from watching the screen. It's taking me less than 60 seconds to get from one quest to the next, usually less than 30. Maybe I'm just not picky enough?

Its ridiculous it really is. The terrain is a nightmare and even with brightness turned up to max on my screen i still get stuck in pot holes and on tiny rocks.

Also there are way to many mobs in such a concentrated area, you can hardly move 10 yards without engaging something then you are stuck with the whole trying to mount up again.

It was 7.2.

It's not linear, so you still get more powerful over time.

Not sure if Argus mobs have damage scaling however.
    The elites on Argus have lots of health, but don't seem to do much damage. They do knockback sometimes, but otherwise just take long to die. I guess that helps if others are running over to tag? :\

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Its ridiculous it really is. The terrain is a nightmare and even with brightness turned up to max on my screen i still get stuck in pot holes and on tiny rocks.

Also there are way to many mobs in such a concentrated area, you can hardly move 10 yards without engaging something then you are stuck with the whole trying to mount up again.
    It's almost like a hostile environment! You'd think the locals don't want us there!

Someone should start a thread on the US forums asking them to turn flying on Argus on in the week they unlock the final part of the quest chain (3rd week).

I think they might not have anticipated how terrible the terrain / mob density would be received, especially coupled with a not very appealing amount of content to do.

Deleted
    I don't have any problem with the terrain, and It seems funny to me to see all that destruction and demons that actually represent a danger to me. If we were able to fly we would just rofl from wq to wq. I don't want a broken shore 2.0, I want a fucking hell that actually represents some danger. As a mage is the first time in the whole expansion that I have to take care and stop to eat food and recover my health xd.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by UcanDoSht View Post
    It is not a "real" scaling, just a subtle one. Because there would be no point on gearing if a 900 achieves the same than a 850.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by javislaterlp View Post

It is not a "real" scaling, just a subtle one. Because there would be no point on gearing if a 900 achieves the same than a 850.
    Theres no point in gearing if there's no progress at all. This is a core MMORPG aspect.

I'm pro flying but Argus can't be a fly zone: the skybox is designed to make it look like we are running around amongst ripped up mountains and rock caverns. If we could fly you would see all the blank space below, and that its all just 2D (and not one open world). I would say its also supposed to feel chaotic and confusing and packed with demons since its their world.

It can be a bit annoying but I'm sure soon we will all get used to navigating it