Page 10 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    Reading some of the comments on here just proves how spoiled some players are ever since they added flying to the game.
    Players, as consumers, have an inalienable right to define what it is that they like or do not like.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM_RUS View Post
    Argus is most retarded zone blizzard ever created. I can't express how much I hate that fucking zone, and I only spent like an hour in it doing that fucking quest chain to unlock relic forge. Most of this time was spent trying to figure out how the fuck to get from point A to point B. Such fun. Not.
    Its basically a worse broken chore. I really thought they would at least try with the last content patch and all but its too much to ask from blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    Its basically a worse broken chore. I really thought they would at least try with the last content patch and all but its too much to ask from blizzard.
    Not good that they make the last content patch unpleasant. There's a strong incentive to unsub if it doesn't hook a player.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Quote Originally Posted by McNeil View Post
    I wonder what was going on trough Blizzards head to design a terrain this annoying to navigate.... for a zone we reside in for the next 6-8 months at the least. Why couldn't they just make these zones bigger and more wider? At this point it actually feels like I'm playing a single-player game, since they most of the time use these kind of terrains. And yeah there's still this thing of streamlined questing and to many cutscenes/to little gameplay that turns this even more into a SP, now they even decided to build the terrain around it. Since I've only did the new zones on a tank I didn't have a problem with all the mobs, but I'm not looking forward to run around there with my clothies.
    12-14 months-lets be real - there is nothing more coming in regarding to world content besides prepatch

Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    I really don't get the problems people have. I started yesterday on argus with my Warlock and am now at the second 10h Order hall mission.

I walked through both zones multiple times, did all the WQ's i could find and farmed eyes / leather on multiple spots. Not even once i died while riding through the zones. I got dazed ONCE and that was because i jumped into a mob group by mistake. But it's not like that's enough to kill you anyway.

It's really not that hard if you use your brain while riding and don't jump through every available mob group.
    Might depend on your server. I was doing some quest early in the morning, no one was on. It was nothing but wall to wall mobs to get to anywhere. I tried again, after raid time had started and it was more of the same. So I started cheated. I would ride into the quest area dragging 10 mobs along with me and spam the World Quest group finder button and hoped I got picked up in time.

I can't tell if folks are just avoiding the zone right now or if our server population has gotten that low. But an empty Argus, makes a crappy zone ever worse.

I've enjoyed running around without flying on Argus for a bit. I still enjoy it as I feel it's a bit more open in terms of the terrain than other places this expac. However flying or no flying makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever. I like both and can enjoy either or.

I will say though, ghostlands is a zone you still can't fly in after all these years and look at the terrain. There's not a whole bunch of random shit on the floor that you get stuck on. It looks really nice and the terrain is easier to navigate without getting a headache.

Still anyone who cries about flying or no flying is overreacting. Enjoy the game and relax. We'll probably be able to fly at some point soon. Dazed still being a mechanic is kind of annoying though if "no flying" is what we get for a little while when we get a new zone.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    12-14 months-lets be real - there is nothing more coming in regarding to world content besides prepatch
    After 12 months of doing those shit wqs on argus, wod will seem like a contender to best expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Might depend on your server. I was doing some quest early in the morning, no one was on. It was nothing but wall to wall mobs to get to anywhere. I tried again, after raid time had started and it was more of the same. So I started cheated. I would ride into the quest area dragging 10 mobs along with me and spam the World Quest group finder button and hoped I got picked up in time.

I can't tell if folks are just avoiding the zone right now or if our server population has gotten that low. But an empty Argus, makes a crappy zone ever worse.
    You probably were placed in an empty phase. Happens to me too sometimes. Was in an empty phase last night, friend invited me to a group and I was put with him and there were people everywhere.

Basically there's multiple phases/shards and if they're all full a new one is created for you and it'll be empty until more people show up.

That's the new sharding tech they introduced this expac I believe.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vorkreist View Post
    After 12 months of doing those shit wqs on argus, wod will seem like a contender to best expansion.
    I'm 99.9% positive Ion said we have patches coming after 7.3 that involve story and other shit. Was during either an interview or at gamescom but he said it recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    So everybody.....hows your immersion coming along?

Isnt that what alot of pro no-flyers wanted?

Says no to flying in wow but would rather have a whistle that teleports.

Haha, exactly.

I'm a pro-flying person though, and I'm not struggling with Argus... And my sense of direction and ability to map out areas is by no means extraordinary, it just happens naturally.

Guess running around fuming about having to interact with the world clouds people's ability to navigate?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Widow View Post
    Honestly. I'm usually FINE with no flying. But this shit hole feels like it was designed to purposely piss us off. Antoran is drowning in mobs, it's impossible not to pull anything. That plus daze(which is still in the game for some reason) makes the entire zone tedious as shit. STOP

Actually I take that back. Krokuun is absolutely fine. But Antoran is a piece of shit. The place with the fel and the rocks you need to jump over to get to the other side is ridiculous. I can imagine people just waiting for others to get low on PvP servers. Such a trainwreck.
    You know, I would not mind the place crawling with things which want to kill you. It should be a hostile place. But why the heck do they had to create such a terrain on top of that?

I think Argus is super fun. I don't mind not being able to fly and really dig the fact that Argus of all places is super dangerous to traverse in as it should.

I can't help but think that if we could either fly from the beginning or if Argus wasn't dangerous, we would have threads like "Does anyone else feel underwhelmed with Argus? It's SUPPOSED to be super dangerous but it's easy GG Blizz"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    Never say never, especially after Legion's content releases and pacing of mini-patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xheoul View Post
    I think Argus is super fun. I don't mind not being able to fly and really dig the fact that Argus of all places is super dangerous to traverse in as it should.

I can't help but think that if we could either fly from the beginning or if Argus wasn't dangerous, we would have threads like "Does anyone else feel underwhelmed with Argus? It's SUPPOSED to be super dangerous but it's easy GG Blizz"

Everyone is entitled to their opinion though.
    That's exactly what would've happened had they created Argus with flying. And in the future, there will be more threads proclaiming how "the world doesn't feel dangerous anymore!!"... Apparently, danger means spread-out mobs that become trivial as you level, with dumbass AI and flat maps for easy navigation...

Quote Originally Posted by Taeldorian View Post
    I've enjoyed running around without flying on Argus for a bit. I still enjoy it as I feel it's a bit more open in terms of the terrain than other places this expac. However flying or no flying makes absolutely no difference to me whatsoever. I like both and can enjoy either or.

I will say though, ghostlands is a zone you still can't fly in after all these years and look at the terrain. There's not a whole bunch of random shit on the floor that you get stuck on. It looks really nice and the terrain is easier to navigate without getting a headache.

Still anyone who cries about flying or no flying is overreacting. Enjoy the game and relax. We'll probably be able to fly at some point soon. Dazed still being a mechanic is kind of annoying though if "no flying" is what we get for a little while when we get a new zone.
    The zones are not made to work with flying to save time and money.
    I doubt we'll see flying on Argus but that doesn't change the fact that they are absolutely horrible in every way.

It's like they didn't even test their own game. I really can't see how a tester could have done all these quests and though: Yeah, this is fun. This is good gameplay
    It's just not possible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akka View Post
    I was a bit on the fence, but leaning toward "no-fly" side, but even the leveling regions of Legion turned me hard into "fuck that, let me fly".
    The entire x-pack has been a non-stop contest in making the most atrocious, confusing and irritating ground terrain.

Pandaria was a great continent to walk on, and I even specifically don't use the flying tome on my alt until I've finished it. But Legion ? Fuck you, Blizzard.
    I never felt the need to buy the tome so my alts would learn flying before hitting max level there. And I am very much pro-flight. But since WoD they build so very obnoxious zones, it's just not fun to travel anymore. I miss Classic zones. -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Polybius View Post
    He's got every right to call it a silly opinion. Most new areas have always been experienced without flight. If you can't handle the questline then you have a short attention span.
    Or maybe I dont like walking and that's an opinion.. You are another one that dont know that you cannot piss on an opinion, as it's an opinion! What's silly for you might be super serious for me... Stupid keyboard warrior, just whining for the sake of whining.. but gz on postcount or whatever it is you aim for in life.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pathetic, just pathetic
    Yeah your comment is just pathetic... fuck me for want to fly from the get go, right? Piss off!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Never say never, especially after Legion's content releases and pacing of mini-patches.

- - - Updated - - -

That's exactly what would've happened had they created Argus with flying. And in the future, there will be more threads proclaiming how "the world doesn't feel dangerous anymore!!"... Apparently, danger means spread-out mobs that become trivial as you level, with dumbass AI and flat maps for easy navigation...
    No, danger means having a good mob AI with elite patrols which can surprise you and some kind of mob coordination, like badly injured mobs trying to get away and fetch some help. Also having mobs with abilities which you cannot just ignore, like we hat at TI. Annoying terrain is just annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Walking an empty space and exploring are different things.
    There are plenty of good landscapes on argus, granted it's a dying planet.
    There was no hidden areas or secrets in vanilla (and also Wrath).

Seriously, every time people tell me about "vast spaces of vanilla wow" they mean fucking barrens, and barrens is literally a barren land. Piece of useless land with bunch of oasis's in it. Secrets my ass. Next time someone will bring a fucking Azhara to the conversation as a "greatly designed location"
    No, I don't mean Barrens; I mean virtually every zone in the vanilla world. You can tell the difference in how they design worlds now vs. then. Back then they made the land, then filled it organically with npcs. Now it's the other way around: design the questing chain and build the world around it. This ends up with a world that exists merely to bring you from quest point A to quest point B.

And if you didn't explore and find cool hidden areas in Vanilla I feel bad for you. There was so much to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post

I spent quite some time on argus now. during the day and the night. High pop and low. Makes no difference to me really. I know my ways around the zones and it doesn't really depend on other player's being there or not.

I have no issues moving around the zone.

Quote Originally Posted by scubistacy View Post
    No, danger means having a good mob AI with elite patrols which can surprise you and some kind of mob coordination, like badly injured mobs trying to get away and fetch some help. Also having mobs with abilities which you cannot just ignore, like we hat at TI. Annoying terrain is just annoying.
    All of which are present, so...

Annoying terrain becomes less annoying once one learns to navigate it, or are people too busy looking at their maps that they no longer pay attention to the actual world...?

Quote Originally Posted by Aggrophobic View Post
    The zones are not made to work with flying to save time and money.
    I doubt we'll see flying on Argus but that doesn't change the fact that they are absolutely horrible in every way.

It's like they didn't even test their own game. I really can't see how a tester could have done all these quests and though: Yeah, this is fun. This is good gameplay
    It's just not possible.
    Pretty sure this is just you finding something to complain about and making yourself upset about it.

I've been running around repeatedly killing rares, doing the WQs, etc and I've had no issues. Absolutely none. I play games to enjoy them not to look for things to get upset about like I see you doing in almost every thread about the game. You're a pretty negative dude so I'm not surprised you're extremely upset about not being able to fly.

As I said I'm fine with either. It doesn't matter. Flying makes things a tiny bit easier but it's manageable both ways. Getting upset over not flying is ridiculous to me. It doesn't matter at all.

I can easily see how a tester did all these quests and said the gameplay is fun. I'll tell you how: they just played the game. is there a lot of mobs? Run through them. Get dazed? Kill the mobs and keep going. Though I think dazed should be removed from the game personally. I think that'd be a good middle ground for not flying.

Regardless, It seems like a small amount of people with loud voices act like flying impacts everything and anything they do and they can't enjoy the game anymore because they can't fly. I bet most of the people complaining are the ones that run through 90 mobs, get dazed and die then get mad about it and come here to say how bad the zone is. I've had absolutely no problem moving around or getting to where I want/need to.
    Last edited by Taeldorian; 2017-08-31 at 12:57 PM.