Poll: 7.3 feelings?

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord Felfaadaern Darkterror's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grimbold21 View Post
    It's not about being hard or easy.

In a game where throughout its history the players have gradually asked for more convenience, adopting a terrain design philosophy that goes agaisn't seems silly.

One goes from riding his mount on open areas to following a path/road closely sided/locked by ridges, mountains, spikes whatever you want, only to end up in a somewhat open area that's packed with mobs.
    Main thing I like is variety. I don't want Argus to feel like the Barrens or like Northrend. I want different parts of the game world to be different. The other big wish I had for Argus - shared with Blizz in their forums - was that there would be a real sense of danger. That we would feel like we were operating in hostile territory. Invading an enemy planet should NOT be convenient. It should be challenging and we should feel like we're having to sneak around ducking for cover on occasion. That's how it would be in any decent book or movie about what we're doing. That's the experience I want in game as well.

My biggest feedback to Blizz atm would be that the new fel reaver adds (forget what they're called atm) need a less confined patrol; no one's going to worry about getting surprised when their path is so predictable. Should probably be some other dangerous mobs we have to watch out for, maybe flying elites that none of us could count on soloing. If we can walk into the Legion home world without our heads on swivels, we were wrong to ever worry about them to begin with. If they aren't dangerous, they're a joke.

It's not about being hard or easy.

In a game where throughout its history the players have gradually asked for more convenience, adopting a terrain design philosophy that goes agaisn't seems silly.

One goes from riding his mount on open areas to following a path/road closely sided/locked by ridges, mountains, spikes whatever you want, only to end up in a somewhat open area that's packed with mobs.
    But we're talking about argus. The Mainbase of the burning legion more or less. Why should that place be convinient for us?

I mean yes more convienience for the players is ok but not on freaking argus. It's the Enemy's territory not our comfy homeworld.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    But we're talking about argus. The Mainbase of the burning legion more or less. Why should that place be convinient for us?

I mean yes more convienience for the players is ok but not on freaking argus. It's the Enemy's territory not our comfy homeworld.
    Okay, and what's your point? How does that impact terrain design?

Outland was a broken planet as well and the first thing you were met with was an extensive open area, which largest hills/mountains were honestly confined to corner areas of the map (Seat of KJ)

Okay, and what's your point? How does that impact terrain design?

Outland was a broken planet as well and the first thing you were met with was an extensive open area, which largest hills/mountains were honestly confined to corner areas of the map (Seat of KJ)
    Cause we're not just talking about "broken planets" but the enemy's main base of operation?

And in what way is that comparable to the Outlands? We had already established Bases on that planet before we even arrived there. It's not like Alleria and Turalyon Build a fortress for us on argus to plan how to invade.

Of course they could have designed it with open wide areas. But it would ruin the feeling imo. It's supposed to be dangerous with enemy's around each corner. Not a cakewalk through a open field with a demon here and there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allenschezar View Post
    Cause we're not just talking about "broken planets" but the enemy's main base of operation?

And in what way is that comparable to the Outlands? We had already established Bases on that planet before we even arrived there. It's not like Alleria and Turalyon Build a fortress for us on argus to plan how to invade.

Of course they could have designed it with open wide areas. But it would ruin the feeling imo. It's supposed to be dangerous with enemy's around each corner. Not a cakewalk through a open field with a demon here and there.
    So basically to you the sense of danger is intrinsically tied.to a closed like terrain environment?

So basically to you the sense of danger is intrinsically tied.to a closed like terrain environment?
    Not necessarily.

But i think it fits the atmosphere. And i don't see argus as a normal planet really but more like a Main Base as i said. I would compare argus to a military base that happens to be the size of a planet. So to me it makes more sense the way it is.

I didn't see mac'aree as it is not available yet but i heard it's a bit different from the first two zones. Maybe it will fit your tastes better.

Deleted
    Can someone tell me what is the reset timer on rare mobs droping loot on Argus?

Is it daily? Weekly?

If i kill the same rare twice he doesn't drop loot, but when can i kill him again to drop loot again?

Deleted
    The setting on Argus is dark and depressing and it's even more ginding once again.

I love it.

I think the desolate and fractured landscapes with tough mobs everywhere is a nice departure from the Play-skool Carebear hugfest that is the rest of the game.

Oh no, we have to be mindful of where we go and what we aggro!?!? say it isn't so!?!?!
    Radiate Positivity

Armory
    raider.io
    Twitch Affiliate

Making us "earn" flying by doing so much crap, then putting in an area where it can't be used it crap. Pure crap. While I get that we didn't have flying in Timeless Isle etc, we also didn't have to earn it, we paid for it in MoP.

Aside from the flying or lack thereof, zone seems great if you have enough time to throw at it. I very much enjoyed Timeless Isle, as I like repeatedly killing rares and stuff. I do however get that others don't.

As for the story, i dunno, never watch cut scenes, never read quest text, i have no interest in the story