Quote Originally Posted by Fenzha View Post
    Well theres 2 things i hate above all else in Hearthstone.
    One can probably easily be guessed because its the same thing everyone hates right now - Jade Druid
    The second is OTK decks.

I refuse to play either and i dont want to spend the time or my patience trying to get a single card pack.
    I find most OTK decks pretty fun to play. Most of them seem to require more skill to win with, and it is interesting to see how players totally change up their play when you are playing a more obscure OTK and they don't think you are playing an OTK, but are just a noob player with a random deck.

I'm all for more TBs like this.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's nice when they preemptively concede when you also have a shit hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Can't remember who was supposed to be favourite in this Brawl. Had Rafaam 3 games in a row, won 2 and lost 1. If I remember right you're guaranteed the Legendary staff by around turn 4 but Kel'Thuzad has pretty good answers to everything.

Won't be playing it much though, games take too long especially compared to last week!

Played 2 and been Kel'Thuzad twice, first was absolutely dreadful, opponent had Legendaries by turn 4 and put a Mayor Noggenflogger down which went his way every time. Second game my luck changed and I got Fuegan and Stalag from my hero power then drew another Fuegan, was able to win easily with 2 Thadius'.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twoddle View Post
    Can't remember who was supposed to be favourite in this Brawl. Had Rafaam 3 games in a row, won 2 and lost 1. If I remember right you're guaranteed the Legendary staff by around turn 4 but Kel'Thuzad has pretty good answers to everything.

Won't be playing it much though, games take too long especially compared to last week!
    Staff pieces aren't guaranteed. First game I didn't have it completed until turn 9

It's more balanced this time. KT now has cost redux on his hero power, which was absent before.

- - - Updated - - -

Haaaa this guy coined Staff Piece on 1, then hero powered on turns 2 and 3, with a "wow" after each one

And I'm thinking "fuck he's got something bananas and is going to BM the hell out of me all game"

Turn 4, hero power again, a "threaten"...

Then plays not one, not two, but THREE Explore Ungoro's, and concedes.

You poor unlucky bastard XD
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Played a few games and they were pretty fun, but it felt like they lasted forever. RNG continues to give players the upper hand without even having to play well. I like that they buffed Kel'Thuzad to make him more on par with Rafaam. This brawl actually helped my ''use your hero power 30 times'' daily a lot.

Deleted
    Actually not sure which was better this time but my opponent gave me an easy win.

What even is this brawl. Either im getting stupidly unlucky with draws or these decks are absolutely terrible.

15+ Year Old Account
    What even is this brawl. Either im getting stupidly unlucky with draws or these decks are absolutely terrible.
    They're the deck recipes for this expac. I like it - you get to play some cool shit like Egglock or Pain Warrior or DR Hunter which aren't exactly the best for ranked, but match up reasonably well against each other

In that vein, I have won at least one match comfortably with every class except druid. Which is a nice change.

Well my first games weren't exactly the best opening to the brawl.
    1st game was as priest and i didnt draw a minion until like turn 7.
    Then 2nd i played a warlock mirror and had the worst hand i probably could have while the other guy had a perfect opener and i was beaten by turn 5.
    3rd i played was shaman and well i just hate that deck.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hunter is easily the most fun Brawl deck

Zombeasts are just so damn cool

10+ Year Old Account
    Another Brawl that's fun if you still have a Wild collection. Tried Overload Shaman, had a blast with Mech Mage and now playing a Demon/DK Discolock Hybrid which seems pretty strong.

- - - Updated - - -

As so often happens in these types of Brawl everyone starts out with fast aggro decks then as you go up in wins it gets more and more controlly and you have to adapt *yawn*.

I still have no idea what the brawl is this week. I saw the "create a deck" button and closed it before the brawl description came up.

Every brawl that requires people to make decks always ends with people finding decks that suck the fun out of the game in exchange for pointless wins. Id rather not.
    Last edited by Fenzha; 2017-09-21 at 11:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still have no idea what the brawl is this week. I saw the "create a deck" button and closed it before the brawl description came up.

Every brawl that requires people to make decks always ends with people finding decks that suck the fun out of the game in exchange for pointless wins. Id rather not.
    This Brawl I haven't looked at a single netdeck, they've all been my own concoctions.

The fun part is you don't have to play around the usual crap you've come to expect on certain turns because your opponent is restricted by what he can put in his deck. For example you don't have to play around Mage's Flamestrike on turn 7 because you know he can't have it so you can let rip on the board.

15+ Year Old Account

You might wanna actually look at it. This isn't a gimmick week. This is essentially Challengestone, which was run by Kripparian even before Tavern Brawl was a thing. In fact, it was the inspiration for Tavern Brawl.

This week rewards creative adaptation. There's no OTK/broken shenanigans in play

pointless wins
    Gold ... gold isn't pointless in HS

I've been having great fun with the following deck for the Spellbook Duel brawl:

1x (1) Patches the Pirate
    1x (2) Corrupting Mist
    1x (2) Gnomeferatu
    1x (2) Novice Engineer
    1x (2) Youthful Brewmaster
    1x (3) Brann Bronzebeard
    1x (3) Deathlord
    1x (4) Blastcrystal Potion
    1x (6) Reno Jackson
    1x (8) Twisting Nether
    AAEBAf0GCpwCnwPbBv4NwxaFF5G8Av2/Ao/HAq7NAgAA

Sure it's not meta it anything (I assume Druid is), but Gnomferatu discarding their entire deck is fun. For some reason when their deck is down to three cards, they get no option to discover, and can perform no action that turn.

Shamelessly taken from Reddit .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    Sure it's not meta it anything (I assume Druid is), but Gnomferatu discarding their entire deck is fun.
    I'm sure this will be meta, I was playing a variant and it seems pretty oppressive, your version looks even better than the one I was using.

Well, my initial thought was that Jade Idol and their package would be superior, but I never fought against it, so I'm just guessing.

Deleted
    shite brawl, played hunter and rexxared through it with a vicious felgling with charge, that got double buffed by 2 razormaws

The cheesy shaman almost beat me with his devolves, evolves and antique healbot every turn.