Poll: WW3

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    What happened to our allies? They've signed treaties that they will help us in a war.

the links to national information servers and to the website of national delegations to NATO.

AlbaniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    Belgium1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    BulgariaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    Canada1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    CroatiaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Czech Rep1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    DenmarkParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    EstoniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    France1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    Germany1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    GreeceParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    HungaryParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    IcelandParliament Gov State Head PM MFA DEL
    Italy1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    LatviaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    LithuaniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Luxembourg1St Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    MontenegroParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    NetherlandsParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Norway1St Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Poland1St Sen State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    PortugalParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    Romania1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    SlovakiaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    SloveniaParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Spain1St Sen Gov State Head PM MFA MoD MIL DEL
    TurkeyParliament State Head PM MFA MoD MIL
    United KingdomParliament Gov State Head PM MFA MoD DEL
    United States1St Sen Gov State Head MFA MoD MIL DEL
    Woah woah woah woah hold on a second there, NATO was designed to help the Europeans, if the US needed help, we would probably get the UK aiding us while everyone else condemned us for NK attacking us first kappa

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazyyrogue View Post
    Woah woah woah woah hold on a second there, NATO was designed to help the Europeans, if the US needed help, we would probably get the UK aiding us while everyone else condemned us for NK attacking us first kappa
    Oh the majority would definitely help us. WHILE condemning us for being attacked by NK, Because America is evil according to a lot of Europeans. I mean we're certainly not the GOODGUYS many paint us as, but then no ne honestly is. And we're CERTAINLY the lesser of three evils.

I imagine it would be nuclear winter and all humans will be dead

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Oh the majority would definitely help us. WHILE condemning us for being attacked by NK, Because America is evil according to a lot of Europeans. I mean we're certainly not the GOODGUYS many paint us as, but then no ne honestly is. And we're CERTAINLY the lesser of three evils.
    I mean, in all reality, we would probably get the UK, France, and Germany. No way would the majority of the countries help, or even be able to help since they have almost completely disbanded their militaries because they bank on the US helping them, not vice versa.

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    I personally have no idea how the European countries stand vs Russia without nukes, no idea if we'd be able to resist a Russia invasion without the help of the US.
    Outfit Ukraine with modern stuff and they'll hold the line. They have more troops than anyone between the Black Sea and the Atlantic and have a bone to pick with the Russians.

They can't hold forever, of course, but probably long enough for NATO to join the fun.

I used to love playing Fortress America
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Well it certainly wont be NK,China, Russia or the Americans.

China and Russia would have the better hackers, aside from that, the US would light them the fuck up. And nevermind "allies", we really don't have any. Not in a WW3 situation like that, no one would suppose US. Bank on that. As others have said, Europe would mostly stay the fuck out of it, else they get rolled up on by Puts.

A Red Dawn isn't happening, we're all fucking armed over here and the blacks and whites would be like... fuck these reds for real tho.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    I imagine it would be nuclear winter and all humans will be dead
    And in the end... this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Sirfailalot View Post
    Tired as shit so I probably shouldn't bother posting at all, but no one. You want the honest truth if it comes down to a purely conventional war those two could probably drag Iran and NK into it with JUST the US on the other side and still lose that war. Because there is no invasion of the US mainland. the chances of pushing through our navy are nonexistant, then you have the issues of a heavily armed civilian population. (So many LOVE to discount that as 'lolol civvies can't do shit' but look at what the constant insurrection from less well armed civilians did to US in Iraq. AFTER we'd crushed their proper military.) And the US controlling the seas for too long and likely cutting off key land routes out of your countries will mean likely starvation eventually. Nevermind Russia and China's main infrastructure (If I'm remembering correctly.) Being primarily within range of our insane naval and aerial firepower.

But then you throw in the fact that there's a good 90% chance that should such a war break out china's neighbors would take their chance to crush their rather belligerent neighbor while they're busy trying and failing to push us anywhere. Nato would jump on this regardless of what many America haters say because we're not likely to be the aggressors and they're bound to help us defensively. Saudi arabia and Isreal would be all over the chance to destroy Iran. To be frank the odds are NOT in our enemy's favor unless Turkey performs a heel turn and strikes Europe to keep nato occupied.

BUT..this is largely pointless. That war isn't going to be purely conventional. The moment Russia and China come to understand how fucked they are they WILL try to nuke us. there's no maybe. Whether we intend to end them or just force them to stop being asshats, they will assume the worst and Russia at bare minimum is not mentally prepared to lose more than it has already.
    +1 Upvote, all that good stuff here.

No one is "invading" anyone for any real purpose. It's just splash damage all over and with that, we just carpet bomb that entire fucking region.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

A nuke doesnt have to even kill anyone to absolutely fuck us hard!

A nuclear explosion in the atmosphere above a major city gives off a major Electromagnetic pulse which would basically turn New York back into the dark ages.

Like i said it would sink into a stale mate cause there is no way the combined navies of Russia and china could take on the USA at sea so an invasion of the mainland USA is out of the question and the USA doesnt have the man power to invade such a huge land mass against over a billion people without overstretching themselves like the nazis did. Plus Russia and China would not think twice losing 500 million of its population to win while even 500,000 would be a price too large for the USA.

Basically it just aint gonna happen.

No one would win. China and Russia lack a way to project their power. And we would likely not risk taking the fight to them because it would leave us vulnerable.

How is this even a question? US easily has naval and air superiority over both countries combined. The US fleet would quickly take control of the pacific and the surrounding waters and begin bombing China into submission. I'll admit a land war would be a tricky proposition but the USAF can just bomb China until it surrenders or becomes soft enough to actually invade. Russia would be harder to crack if neutral countries don't allow US forces to station in the west but once China is out of the war it's just a matter of time anyway.

All this assuming the war stays conventional of course. God knows Russia has enough nukes to take the planet down with it.

Americans see safety as a guarantee and when anything disrupts that they run in fear and cower. There are a few that would fight, and well, but so many Americans are divided that they would probably just shoot each other. A single company with air support and cities would fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    The US used carriers extensively in World War II, Korea, Vietnam and the Gulf War.
    During WW2 carriers were a novelty and the war doctrine wasn't really focused on them, they were rather considered support platforms providing AA defence for "actual" battleships. It just turned out planes are much more effective at taking out ships than other ships themselves. Pacific war was different because of stupidly large areas over which the fighting was taking place. Carriers were indeed just mobile landing pads. Well, they still are.

But that's just WW2. As I said, the modern carriers were never tested in actual warfare. As in, against an opponent equipped with weapons that had even remote chance of getting past the carrier defence. They were in WW2 and it was apparent that they are not invincible. Japanese military was far inferior to US during WW2 and it still managed to sink several carriers. Chinese military may be inferior to US (though I'm pretty sure they are heavily focusing on ways to eliminate carriers at the very beginning of a potential war, since with them gone, USA would not be able to project their power over Chinese area of influence.

Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War? They were extensively used, right, but were they tested? Korea was a war against hordes of poorly equipped mob with nothing but light guns. Vietnam was a war on yellow Tarzans. They had about the same chance of harming a carrier as you'd have stopping a train with bare hands. Iraq was more of a potential threat, but that potential, as low as it was, was still eliminated on the first day. So yeah, the carriers weren't actually tested since WW2, and though they have evolved since, so have other weapons, and they are still not invincible. They cost so much that they won't ever be put in a position where they could be damaged, unless it comes to a real war between superpowers - and only then it would be proven whether they are as powerful as they are on paper, or are they just tools for projecting power on opponents that couldn't possibly be a threat to them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Depends on which side has better commanders. The gap between 4th and 5th gen weapon systems is not that huge to make a significant difference. Whoever has better commanders would win.

- - - Updated - - -

Be damn sure Turks won't engage in a total war for Americans or Europeans. If nukes are in, Turks are out. Any nation with an average IQ level of 70 or more would remain out of this shit show.
    Last edited by Kuntantee; 2017-08-31 at 03:08 PM.

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airlick View Post
    Iraq was more of a potential threat, but that potential, as low as it was, was still eliminated on the first day.
    In fairness the majority of it had already been eliminated by Iran, using F-14s and AIM-54 Phoenix missiles, which is what the US would have done anyway if Iraq had attempted to take out the carriers.

Look, a couple of thing you guys need to realize. Without nuclear threat, the US is by far the most dominating force, even with Russia and China combined.

Why? The Navy.

Our Carriers are fast. We have way more than both Russia and China combined. Not including our Destroyers, Subs, and such.

So what does that mean? It means Russia and China will never even reach the US mainland to mount an offensive. While the US then could focus on blockading China, launching air strikes, and mounting ground forces off the West coast. Russia won't even be an issue until we need to move through Siberia.

You guys need to understand the US is in the most kush position on our planet. And we have designed our military to back that up. Russia and China would lose drastically without Nukes and they know it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

This thread is so full of american superbity, amour propre shit, arrogance and blindness. Thanks for the entertaining charade show lol

Without nukes, it would be a standoff.

Russia and China have no way of projecting power to reach US shores, and US doesn't have the capacity to invade Russian or Chinese heartlands.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashnazg View Post
    Without nukes, it would be a standoff.

Russia and China have no way of projecting power to reach US shores, and US doesn't have the capacity to invade Russian or Chinese heartlands.
    That's not true. Having air support makes a massive difference in ground wars and US would have a monopoly over the skies. Land forces are also the easiest to rally. Although the army now is relatively small millions could be conscripted and trained within a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Mall Security View Post
    Make no mistake if it didn't come down to nukes trust me the last fucking thing the world would want is to tangle with the U.S when united and pissed ready to defend itself.
    I don't know. Ask Vietnam, Korea and parts of the the middle east how overwhelming the US was/is...