Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Or if it comes down from other sources and isn't put back up. I'm not advocating that - I'm just giving you my perspective on statues vs movies/art.

What school?
    Huh. Turns out i was wrong. J.E.B. Stuart was just a Confederate general and I went to his middle school in Jacksonville.

I wonder why Forrest got renamed and not Stuart.

Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    So.. a bunch of whiny little bitches caved in to the demands of a bunch of even whinier little bitches? Sounds like America....
    That's the danger of giving in to professional victims aka SJWs. Once their little burst of euphoria wears off that they got from "winning" a particular fight they'll be looking for the next big battle.

Mark my words - This rabbit hole we decided to go down won't end with a few statues and a movie. Any bets that we'll be seeing calls to ban certain books in the near future ?

Quote Originally Posted by Antius View Post
    That's the danger of giving in to professional victims aka SJWs. Once their little burst of euphoria wears off that they got from "winning" a particular fight they'll be looking for the next big battle.

Mark my words - This rabbit hole we decided to go down won't end with a few statues and a movie. Any bets that we'll be seeing calls to ban certain books in the near future ?
    Just be patient and they'll turn on themselves... see: Feigbusters

7+ Year Old Account

More concerned about any founding fathers monuments. There is literally nothing off the table for the professionally offended.

Deleted
    Sjws and the salt-left trying to censor and rewrite history in the name of feelings...

And the illiterate get even more illiterate......More mouth than brains really.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    It's a depiction of the South, which makes it bad and encouraging racism. That's been the logic for smashing statues.
    You really need to see the movie Gone with the Wind - I'm not sure you understand what you're saying about the movie.

And the logic for smashing the statues is that is glorifies and memorializes people who fought for slavery. Again, if they are ok, where are our Hitler/Himmler/Goring statues?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozzyorcborne View Post
    And the illiterate get even more illiterate......More mouth than brains really.
    No need for a capital M in More btw.

- - - Updated - - -

You really need to see the movie Gone with the Wind - I'm not sure you understand what you're saying about the movie.

And the logic for smashing the statues is that is glorifies and memorializes people who fought for slavery. Again, if they are ok, where are our Hitler/Himmler/Goring statues?
    We can keep repeating this ad nausea, but the apologists just do not listen.

Quote Originally Posted by rukya View Post
    So why didnt they cry about 12 years slave then?

Right the director was black
    Ignorance much? Have you actually seen Gone With the Wind and 12 years a slave?
    The saying "Sticks and stones may break my bones, but there will always be progress around to offend an anti-SJW" applies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    Only what SJWs do is not 'societal pressure' its retardation bordering on slander.

"EVERYONE BOYCOTT THIS RACIST NAZI BUSINESS!"

- What SJWs yell across social media when a business doesn't cave to their demands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ehrenpanzer View Post
    So.. a bunch of whiny little bitches caved in to the demands of a bunch of even whinier little bitches? Sounds like America....

Above, people complaining that other people they disagree with were complaining, and failing to see the overwhelming irony and hypocrisy in doing so.

For all you folks complaining about "SJWs", like this, you're no different. You're doing exactly what you're complaining about.

No. Idiots glorify them. Statues don't radiate glory on their own. If they did, MLK statues would evaporate racism by existing.

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Above, people complaining that other people they disagree with were complaining, and failing to see the overwhelming irony and hypocrisy in doing so.

For all you folks complaining about "SJWs", like this, you're no different. You're doing exactly what you're complaining about.
    Anti-SJW's are often even bigger SJW's for shit they agree with than the crowd they label as "SJW's"... The irony is thick-as-hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    I think this is ridiculous and stupid as hell and it's on par with censoring words from a Mark Twain book.

But it's the theater's call so whatever.
    Step 1: All that history is in a library.
    Step 2: It's also on the internet.
    step 3: ????
    Step 4: stop crying it's not censorship.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    Seen it a few times. My racist great uncle loved it and forced us to watch it whenever we visited.
    Well, first of all, that sucks - because imo it's a pretty boring movie. But it's pretty much a criticism of the south, if you really pay attention to it. Which, in all honesty, I never did the only time I saw it. I read up on it to discover the meaning behind the film.

7+ Year Old Account
    You are what you stand against? The anti-SJWs are the real SJWs. The anti-Nazis are the real Nazis. Everything is so ironic these days.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    No. Idiots glorify them. Statues don't radiate glory on their own.
    You are incorrect. Statues are by definition a glorification of what they represent - else why don't we have statues of Dahlmer or other horrific people.

If they did, MLK statues would evaporate racism by existing.
    I'm pretty sure you posted this before thinking it through - which happens to all of us, including me multiple times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dch48 View Post
    The Civil War wasn't about slavery either. It was a side issue who's continued usage in the South was necessitated by the economic oppression of Southern growers by Northern industrialists.

- - - Updated - - -

This erasing history and removing monuments is very disturbingly similar to what happened in places like Cambodia, Iran, and Egypt when oppressive regimes tried to erase anything that preceded them.
    But this is America....we're special and different!

We're not being oppressive...we're just trying to pretend it didn't happen alleviate guilt over something that no one alive took part of one way or the other. You know...people feel so much guild over something that happened over a century ago...taking some people from their native land and enslaving them...you know something to feel terrible about.

But we don't have any qualms with murdering, nearly destroying a population, and steeling their land....that is okie dokie I guess, maybe it's the fact some people still use slavery as a excuse even though they never were slaves and the native americans aren't vocal?

So yeah....it's okay we nearly destroyed a race and stole all their land as long as their quiet about it...that way we don't have to use our brains and feel any guilt!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PrimaryColor View Post
    You are what you stand against? The anti-SJWs are the real SJWs. The anti-Nazis are the real Nazis. Everything is so ironic these days.
    Rather, if you make your entire issue with someone about their methods, which is what the bitching about "SJWs" inevitably boils down to, it's hypocrisy to engage in those same tactics yourself. If your issue is with "SJWs" complaining about stuff and getting stuff changed, then complaining about SJWs means you're doing exactly what you're decrying. That's hypocrisy.

If they made it about the actual message, rather than tactics, they'd have more grounds, but then they'd have to explain why they think social justice is a negative, which they're loath to do.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkwhyevernot View Post
    We can keep repeating this ad nausea, but the apologists just do not listen.
    Agreed. People who don't understand the Confederate statue issue are either to dumb to get the point or too much of an apologist - the third category are just people who like to argue a point intellectually. Which, I've done a few times myself (the girl who was convicted of helping that boy kill himself - thought it was a fascinating legal issue, and people were pissed at me for the intellectual argument rather than the she-was-a-monster one - which she was -- I'm not saying I'm smart, btw, just that I play a smart guy on tv )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haven View Post
    SJW - 1: common sense - 0.
    That's exactly what they want you to believe in order to have the opposite effect of common sense, however, the "SJW's" are correct.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.