Thread: Ben Shapiro

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    He's a standard American conservative, so I have little respect for him. He's intelligent, but highly hypocritical. He's found a good market in gullible people willing to ignore the hypocrisy, and good for him in that department. When it comes to his stances, I agree with him when he supports limited government, and disagree with him when he does not. For such a smart guy, you'd think he would be more logically consistent.
    Last edited by Machismo; 2017-09-01 at 12:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    Ben Shapiro's Podcast isn't even top 10. He is 16th and that is just for politics. That isn't even the top 200.
    https://www.podcastchart.com/categor...itics-podcasts

- - - Updated - - -

Not even close. Not when you have crazies of the right doing actual terrorist attacks and you can't even cite a terrorist attack from the left since the mid 80s.
    Berkley this past weekend, that's a great example of left wing terrorism.

Quote Originally Posted by supertony51 View Post
    And you would be wrong. You can classify that as terrorism but no one else will. Not entirely surprising from a partisan hack.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    *shrugs* I have heard the figure, haven't really kept up with charts since Mario 3 and Nintendo Power.
    I know. I am just trying to prove a point to satimy, and he will ignore it because he doesn't like the truth.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    He seems like a purposefully rude person, saying things to get a response from people... you can disagree with a subject and not egg people on.
    They like people who "tell it like it is", except in their world telling it like it is just means being an asshole to liberals.

Their feefees get hurt whenever you say anything mean to them, even when you're giving them the honest truth.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    And you would be wrong. You can classify that as terrorism but no one else will. Not entirely surprising from a partisan hack.

- - - Updated - - -

I know. I am just trying to prove a point to satimy, and he will ignore it because he doesn't like the truth.
    Good thing I have my "understanding domestic terrorism" book with me. It has a great definition of terrorism.

" Terrrorism is the pre-meditated, deliberate, systematic murder, mayhem and threatening of the innocent to create fear and intimidate in order to gain a political or tactical advantage, usually to influence a audience".

Yep, sounds like ANTIFA.

Good thing I have my "understanding domestic terrorism" book with me. It has a great definition of terrorism.

" Terrrorism is the pre-meditated, deliberate, systematic murder, mayhem and threatening of the innocent to create fear and intimidate in order to gain a political or tactical advantage, usually to influence a audience".

Yep, sounds like ANTIFA.
    That doesn't mean anything. I can say that Trump is a terrorist too simply because he wants to destroy the whole system to get his fucking useless wall. That doesn't make it true. Even though that is basically the same fucking definition you posted here. Meanwhile, the Nazis and the KKK that Trump had trouble condemning have all been labeled as terrorist groups for the better part of a fucking century.

Quote Originally Posted by rda View Post
    You aren't very logical here and are mixing multiple different things into one. Feel free to call others whatever. If this will happen to sound like cursing and namecalling, there will likely be consequences. Etc. (But go ahead, angry illogical man and do what you want to do. Nobody is stopping you.)
    Help help I'm being regulated
    While you live, shine / Have no grief at all / Life exists only for a short while / And time demands its toll.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    The guy is the same kind of bullshit weasel as Sam Harris, Maajid Nawaaz. Slease artists who find rubes that will buy what you’re selling.
    I think this is an extremely dishonest distillation of what Shapiro is all about. To boil down everything that Ben Shapiro talks about, and the conciseness and well-argued manner in which he talks about it, to this one-liner, it completely misses the mark.

If you take issue with a specific argument from Shapiro, that's one thing, we can talk about that (and no, "what the f**k retarded" is not taking issue with something in any substantive manner), but to argue that he is somehow a snake oil salesmen in everything he says, wholesale, that is completely detached from reality.

Quote Originally Posted by ctd123 View Post
    Sorry was just a foundation on how he started out and an insight into him. Other people who are more up to date on his crazy seem to suggest hes the same moron he was then.
    Please cite these if you don't mind.

See, here's what I think: you disagree with Ben politically, so therefore he's a target to be destroyed (e.g., claiming he advocated for genocide in a linked article that suggests nothing of the sort).
    Last edited by mage21; 2017-09-01 at 03:52 AM.

Is this another shitlord? I really can't keep track of all these assholes.

If that's all "left wing terrorism" is then I guess you're pretty safe from it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

His podcast is good but I like Andrew Klavan's more except when he has a guest on who with some notable exceptions (Dinesh D'Souza) is usually not someone very interesting.

Yep, sounds like ANTIFA.
    Are you going to post anything other than "nuh-uh Antifa!!!!" now that you're back?

I seem to remember you being human once.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Are you going to post anything other than "nuh-uh Antifa!!!!" now that you're back?

I seem to remember you being human once.
    MMO-C OT's conservatives are just bots these days that use algorithms to figure out the blank spot.

"WELL TRUMP/THE ALT-RIGHT MIGHT BE BAD, BUT WHATABOUT __________________________"
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Deleted
    I actually quite like watching his show/videos from time to time, even though I do think that he is overdoing it a bit at times.

Thanks a lot for the replies.

I would like to express special thanks to ctd123 who submitted a negative post with something specific ("he did this and this, this is bad") rather than abstract ("he is just a clown").

Quote Originally Posted by s_bushido View Post
    So when was the last time there was a "transfer of people" that didn't involve genocide? Are you being naive, or is he? Or...both?
    To be honest I am not familiar with any transfer of people, he did mention one example in the article, I would be surprise if that one involved a Genocide, as it would be very stupid from his part and AFAIK he is a smart guy (I don't follow what he does, but my brother is a big fan of him, which tells me he is not stupid).

Even if that it hadn't end well most of the times, I would at least give him the benefit of the doubt, instead of assuming that he has a nefarious motive and is supporting genocide masked as a mass relocation.
    I may not be an overachiever, but my Druid is richer than half of Venezuela.

Quote Originally Posted by Knolan View Post
    No, he is advocating for the transfer of the people. The definition of genocide is as follows:
    (a) Killing members of the group;
    (b) Causing serious bodily harm, or harm to mental health, to members of the group;
    (c) Deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part;
    (d) Imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group;
    (e) Forcibly transferring children of the group to another group.

None of which gets in the way of what he is advocating.

Honestly I have no idea what is the right solution for this problem and as I said, mass transferring people is not a nice thing to do, but it is not genocide and I would not encourage you to say so as it will devalue the actual crime.
    It's barely better in my books. Forced displacements have historically given way to all kinds of gross abuses, whenever intentionally or not. Think Trail of Tears, or the mass deportations in post-WW2 USSR. Anyone who advocates it will be swiftly ignored by yours truly, because they're either 1) a cunt who doesn't care about the consequences or 2) an ignorant who doesn't know about them.

He's garbage in debates as well. His 'style' consists of just spamming his opponent with irrelevant factoids rapid fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    He's garbage in debates as well. His 'style' consists of just spamming his opponent with irrelevant factoids rapid fire.
    LOL - garbage?

What's that saying....one man's trash is another man's treasure?

Shapiro is everything the person he is debating isn't - sharp, well read, intelligent, articulate, and a very quick wit. Watching him debate that fat idiot from the Young Turks was gold. He made Cenk whatever the fuck his last name is look like the complete nimrod that he is. I have never seen Shapiro lose a debate, not once.

Quote Originally Posted by Polyxo View Post
    Any transcripts / videos demonstrating the above?

I am not saying that you are wrong, but, frankly, you are a third guy who abstractly states "he is garbage" but does not illustrate this in any way. I am beginning to wonder whether lack of illustrations is a signal that "he is garbage" is just empty rhetoric. After all, if he was garbage, surely someone would have illustrated this already in some way.

Quote Originally Posted by Packers01 View Post
    You could look these things up.
    That's the thing, in the videos I saw Ben Shapiro was arguing logically and cohesively.

Look, we don't have to agree with what he is saying (and we don't have to agree with each other either, I would still respect your opinion and I hope you would respect mine). But to me what he is saying looks logical and so if to someone else it looks blatantly illogical and contrived, I am naturally interested in understanding why. Because logic is universal, it is part of the common ground (or should be).

So, if anyone has any links where Ben Shapiro appears illogical or whatever else it was called (um, "garbage"), I'd be interested in seeing it.
    Last edited by rda; 2017-09-01 at 04:36 PM.