Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by efhtkgjgk View Post
    Well the Vikings was prolly the first to land in the new world and Christoper Columbus prolly landed in the Bahamas and he never set foot in the continental United States.
    I'm pretty sure Asians were the first ones to do it. Considering, you know, they became the so-called "indigenous people." And they did so literally thousands of years before the Vikings were even a concept.

Quote Originally Posted by Selastan View Post
    Columbus was a terrible guy, but his discovery should still be celebrated. After all, it directly resulted in the European colonization of America. If Columbus shouldn't be celebrated, then that means our entire civilization shouldn't be celebrated.
    But that is also wrong Columbus wasn't the one who discovered America, pretty much everything our generation read about him from history books was science fiction.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathcries View Post
    Oh yes they do. I see it all the time. You're usually one of them.
    loooool, what? ok if you're so sure you must have receipts.

Quote Originally Posted by Blur4stuff View Post
    It's fine to teach history, but we shouldn't celebrate some of the worst figures in history. Columbus is bad enough that there shouldn't be monuments or holidays in his name.

You don't justify genocide by pointing fingers. We all know that Columbus was a piece of shit human being. He doesn't deserve anything beyond a history lesson pointing out how shit he was.
    lol Errybody's a piece of shit human by your alls standards. Those were the times that they lived in. Holy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    it's the same as thanksgiving, Europeans came to a continent by killing and stealing land.
    On the bright side, they've made up for it by expressing a seemingly endless outpouring of shame about it in the current year. I can't recall any other group being so self loathing about conquest, but maybe there's one somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by The Jabberwock View Post
    I'm pretty sure Asians were the first ones to do it. Considering, you know, they became the so-called "indigenous people." And they did so literally thousands of years before the Vikings were even a concept.
    Well they are still looking for chinese evidence on the west coast of the US.

I aint doubting that they didnt cause iam more or less certain they did but no evidence has been found yet!

Unless you are going back when you could literally walk to america when the oceans was more or less made of ice ala Ice age?

but going that far back then all bets are off!
    Last edited by yetgdhfgh; 2017-09-01 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    loooool, what? ok if you're so sure you must have receipts.
    I never keep receipts. I remember your avatar though. Like Wells and Endus, i know where your ideologies lie.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spectral View Post
    On the bright side, they've made up for it by expressing a seemingly endless outpouring of shame about it in the current year. I can't recall any other group being so self loathing about conquest, but maybe there's one somewhere.
    The left shows shame about it. I don't give a rat's ass about who conquered who.

I never keep receipts. I remember your avatar though. Like Wells and Endus, i know where your ideologies lie.
    oh okay. well, that sure convinced me. pfffffft

lol Errybody's a piece of shit human by your alls standards. Those were the times that they lived in. Holy shit.
    Slave traders, I repeat slave traders thought Columbus was a shit human being for what he was doing to women and children. Do you know how bad things have to be for slavers to be disgusted by you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    So your saying you support that sort of logic? Because anyone with a basic set of firing brain synapses would be able to tell I was pointing out how ludicrous such a statement was. Asshole or not, Columbus was not the guy selling slaves. That was actually the Nigerians and a couple other African Tribes. History. So bloody inconvenient when taught with 0 politics involved.
    Yes, he was. Before he established the colony there he kidnapped people and sold them into slavery in spain. Your lies just make you look like a liar.
    Last edited by Ripster42; 2017-09-01 at 02:32 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Quote Originally Posted by Sky High View Post
    oh okay. well, that sure convinced me. pfffffft
    Oh....you thought I cared about convincing you?

Quote Originally Posted by The Penguin View Post
    My ideology is actually if you look at my post history not on the side of the left or the right. It simply looks at the facts and demands people discuss things by facts not emotional investment. Teach history as it really happened and in the society / time period it happened in, unapologetically; or GTFO. We don't need new age hippies in the form of Antifa painting the words "Pig" in blood culled from people they disagreed with politically.
    Pretty sure it's ignoring the facts and inserting your feels in place of them, especially when you say things like columbus didn't sell slaves.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudol Von Stroheim View Post
    I do not need to play the role of "holier than thou". I'm above that..

Us White Anglo Saxon Protestants wont give two fucks if Christopher Columbus is relegated to obscurity

Its the Italian Americans you have to worry about!

Oh....you thought I cared about convincing you?
    no one has ever thought you cared about anything other than metaphorically smearing your shit on the walls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Columbus was a giant piece of shit who never should have had a holiday to begin with, what's the problem exactly?

Um, history was changed to turn Columbus into a hero who had his own national holiday when in reality he was a massive piece of shit and a complete idiot.

The only reason this is an issue is because people accepted that changed history and refuse to read about what a piece of shit Columbus actually was.

and more "remove history" continues.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Oh please, anyone who has even lurked even slightly would know what a bold-faced lie that is regarding his posting history lol.
    Oh I know, I really don't know why I don't have more people on ignore here.
    Human progress isn't measured by industry. It's measured by the value you place on a life.

Just, be kind.

Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    and more "remove history" continues.
    What actual history is being removed?

Quote Originally Posted by chrykoolaid View Post
    i don't see an issue with this , given that Columbus was a major contributor to slavery and that the vikings discovered america before him
    Far from... Columbus served Queen Isabella I of Castile - who was also the only European regent in the time to explicitly forbid slavery and demand ethical treatment for the American natives. So out of all conquerors to set foot in America, Columbus is hardly deserving of the title of slaver.