Page 20 of 45 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Only 2 things I don't like about Argus

#1 Disappearing treasures

#2 Locked treasures.
    History will have to record that the greatest tragedy of this period of social transition was not the strident clamor of the bad people, but the appalling silence of the good people - Martin Luther King, Jr.

Argus is easy to navigate. You want to see difficult terrain, go play Heart of Thorns.

In short, L2P.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by otyknip View Post
    No, long before that, but that doesent change the fact, that you are a whiner, even after quited the game ; (
    I haven't whined once, perhaps you should stop projecting.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Then leave. No one else cares.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some world quests are still bugged and I got no idea how to finish them. Zone look so creepy, too much demons everywhere. They would at least put some nice trees somewhere just to not make everything look so ugly.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin Menethil View Post
    Best argument you have? No wonder player numbers are dwindling.

On-topic, yeah me too. Hate the aesthetic. Hate the terrain. Boring quests. Such a disappointment.
    "Numbers Dwindling" Argus was literally packed to the brim on my Server.

But for you as for the OP. Leave. no one gives a fuck about your incessant whinging.

also HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE FIND GETTING AROUND ARGUS HARD? Seriously, does your Mum still drive you to the corner store so you don't get lost in Real Life?

Certain areas are miserable, like all the mobs clustered together in the imp area, get feared there and everything pulls. And the area with all the elite mobs before the rare watcher eye was a pain in the arse.

Well bad news, you're gonna have to deal with it for another year
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cateran View Post
    You either trolling or have not seen Argus yet..Or a real map....Let me explain..the shortest way between 2 points is the straight line IF you can fly...otherwise you must follow the terrain up and down and even if something looks really close, if between you and the target stands a deep rift..you must go all around..until you find a place where you can pass through..Argus is EXACTLY the same...9 times out of 10 you must make a huge circle to reach the destination...
    Show anywhere on the map, and i will show you the odvious paths of how to get from place A to B.

the thing is the OP is not saying "you need to take large paths" as he said
    "The map doesn't show paths to certain areas."

but it does, not that you have to make a circle, or go around something.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by Youwow View Post
    1.They always leave out flying so that you can enjoy the scenery

2. I have no problem finding a chest which is highligthed on my mini map. Your just bad at finding the egg...

3. Argus is the home of the legion.... They like fel so there homebase is fel.

4. Argus is the home of the legion so its a dangerous place. Its not My little pony land with all the nice poneys and bunny's.

5. Had some small problems with 1 world quest (freaking flying ships) and 1 normal quest (i just had to look for more chest which is easy).

Your just whining about stupid stuff. Just cancel your sub no1 is forcing you
    AAMOF My Little Pony has some pretty dark angry areas

But yeah pretty much what he said, I really don't get why Argus is "like a maze" like what is the last maze you did? The back of a kids menu? No flying is fine, Argus is fine and I am certainly not "bored" of it yet.
    World of Warcraft: Shadowblands
    Diablo Bore.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Takes some time to learn the terrain and optimal routes, but having fun with goblin racial rocket jump between chasms. or demon hunter glide or paladin engineer so far.

Ok the map doesn't show all minor rocks and tunnels or caves but it never really did that unless there was room for it, argus is multi-layered, so they can't put everything on a single map.

Still don't think it flying is needed.

We'll get more teleport points as the story progresses.

World quests already show to bring us back to the same areas but with different quests which is fine.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-01 at 12:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by A dot Ham View Post
    Its a pretty safe assumption that "time played" equates to enjoyment. I mean what kind of rational person wastes valuable free time on shit they don't enjoy?

Your issues smack of addiction and nothing more.
    It is in no way a "safe assumption" that "time played" equals enjoyment. Every player that uses flight points, is wasting valuable free time doing literally NOTHING and I'd say 99% of them are not "having fun" while they are on that flight point doing nothing. Yet they take it. Why? Because they want to do something they find fun later.

The game is filled with tons of these trade-offs and there is literally no one on this planet that can possibly be "having fun" all the time with the many many pointless ways in which the devs waste our time to generate player usage stats.

Just because someone can be bribed via loot, or access or what the fuck ever into doing something and add into a database of player participation somewhere doesn't mean shit about what players like. When there is a true choice, then you can compare statistics and determine which players like better but even then you'd have to be an idiot to assume that just because players spend X hrs going from one place to another playing WoW that they are enjoying it.

All you can safely assume is that the overall tradeoff is still acceptable to the player and when the equation gets too tilted to the "time wasted that i don't enjoy side" vs the other, then you have a former customer and the devs are great at creating those.

100% agree maps are becoming worse. I like the complexity of the terrain, just.... please accurately display paths when explored. Add more detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    And here you can see the entitled new WoW player who wants everything handed to them on a silver platter and doesn't want to spend more than 2 minutes doing any single thing.

I haven't run into any of the problems you're listing. Maybe it's just you.

Quote Originally Posted by Potentio View Post
    Seems like Blizzard go out of their way to annoy players.

First there's no flying on Argus.
    If the reason is so we could experience Argus world on foot, I get it.

But Blizzard make Argus like a freaking maze. The map doesn't show paths to certain areas. It gets annoying when the quest location is just beside you on the map but you need to walk one big round across the ledge to get to it. Wild goose chase for chests that are hidden behind objects, on mountains etc. We have no way of zooming out to see a mountain range or hill in its entirety, so finding the path to a chest is a guessing game... Why are maps becoming LESS detailed with time? If they don´t want to give us flying, at least they should make exploring on foot enjoyable and go back to detailed maps.

And I'm getting pretty sick of the dull green/fel worlds. You won't give us flying, but you also did not make questing on Argus bearable. It hurts my eyes to look at the terrain, keep getting lost, in this arbitrary terrain difficulty. The terrain is so poorly done that it's amateur. I've gotten stuck in ridges/craters so many times that my hearthstone has been on cooldown and I've had to use the unstuck feature repeatedly. Rocks and hills clip into each other. Moving very short distances on the map takes an excessively long time because of how inconveniently the zone is laid out.

The ground is a sea of trash mobs, some of whom can chain fear you. Once a pull goes badly I can either die or try to run entirely out of the zone, because there are almost no "safe spots." It feels like Blizzard wants us to kill useless mobs just to make us spend more time playing. Mounting up in this zone is a challenge in its own right...

The quest text is also nonexistent. Several world quests name strange objectives with no explanation of what they are, some quests fail to mention that they cannot be completed at certain times (ie if a camp has been destroyed), and some quest chains are simply hidden off to the side. I relied heavily on WoWhead to complete Argus.

This is what happens when "time played" is mistaken for "enjoyment". What a pathetic patch.

/endrant
    Which specific part are you talking about? I've had no issue navigating anywhere so far. I also don't find the mobs too bad. Granted, I just started the patch today 08/31, so there isn't nearly the density as someone who played on patch day, but I've only been stuck in combat once where I couldn't just mount up after I killed what I want/need to.
    I agree it's boring and dull from a color palette, but keep in mind, we're on a ruined planet overrun with the Legion. It's a corrupted world. The main issue with the coloring is just that people have had enough since it seems gone like this since HFC where the Legion is concerned. There's been enough break since in that coloring though to not go apeshit crazy over it, with EN, ToV, and the last 2.
    Seems like just crying to cry and start a new flight thread.
    Last edited by Eapoe; 2017-09-01 at 02:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tradu View Post
    It's not so much "dangerous" as it is tedious and annoying. And this constant "just unsub" is just idiotic. The point of a forum is to discuss something, which includes negative feedback.
    It's not feedback when they don't give suggestions about how a problem can or could be fixed, and just mindless "this is bad, this sucks, I hate this, ad nauseum". He hates how many mobs there are, how would he suggest they change it? Fewer mobs, smaller aggro radius, a buyable item to prevent dazing (fyi we have one already.) Pillars or light markers to show the beginnings of paths so they're more visible. That would be an example of feedback. Offering solutions on how to improve what one views as a problem. Not what the OP is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by mistahwilshire View Post
    You're foolish to think they do. lmfao what a stupid thought. Nobody relevant that can actually bring up feedback to anyone that matters reads these forums on any sort of regular basis whatsoever.
    That's like thinking Jeff Kaplan doesn't read the Overwatch subreddit. Just because they don't do everything people suggest, as it is often contradictory here anyway, doesn't mean that they aren't listening.
    Last edited by HitRefresh; 2017-09-01 at 06:02 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    "Numbers Dwindling" Argus was literally packed to the brim on my Server.

But for you as for the OP. Leave. no one gives a fuck about your incessant whinging.

also HOW THE FUCK CAN PEOPLE FIND GETTING AROUND ARGUS HARD? Seriously, does your Mum still drive you to the corner store so you don't get lost in Real Life?
    I never said it was hard, I said I hate the terrain. It's annoying. It's intentionally designed to be annoying, just like the other Legion zones.

Deleted
    I was going to write something about that, but after reading only the first page of this thread I mostly changed my mind, not about writing something but the topic.

This community is hands down the worst that I have seen, someone writes an unpopular opinion on the game and the first thing people do is tell him to Get better / Unsub or call him a Casual instead of, I don't know, offering some actual advice of what he could do to improve his playing experience? but no, that's not going to happen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    It's not feedback when they don't give suggestions about how a problem can or could be fixed, and just mindless "this is bad, this sucks, I hate this, ad nauseum". He hates how many mobs there are, how would he suggest they change it? Fewer mobs, smaller aggro radius, a buyable item to prevent dazing (fyi we have one already.) Pillars or light markers to show the beginnings of paths so they're more visible. That would be an example of feedback. Offering solutions on how to improve what one views as a problem. Not what the OP is doing.
    Why should you need make suggestions how to make something better - it's not like anybody with any say in blizzard is going to read anything of what we discuss here. Besides you can just tell people how you feel about the game and see if others have different opinions without making suggestions how to fix it. Sharing your experiences with other player and discussing how you like it is part of a forum. Just telling people they suck and should unsub if they dare criticise the game is stupid and shouldn't be tolerated on any forum.