Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    And wasn't alone doing it with other peers and Maiev on top.
    and we could now literally sneeze on our former selves and kill them, so yeah.

We are now, in lore, as strong as or stronger than the "big heroes" we work with, that is why we lead entire faction armies and command entire orders of classes. WE are the big lore hero now.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2017-09-01 at 06:06 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    and we could now literally sneeze on our former selves and kill them, so yeah.
    And? Illidan grew in power again as well, so a rather moot point, though we could have actually cut Illidan, for the mere fact we don't use a broken memento, our artifacts are actually constantly powerful and are not tied to ones state of mind

Quote Originally Posted by Dartz1979 View Post
    The biggest question is this how in the hell did illidan dodge turylons attack so quick.
    Turalyon was not prepared.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionhearte0 View Post
    Are they, though? It seems to be a universal agreement that Illidan did nothing wrong and Xe'ra was a cunt.

- - - Updated - - -

He parried it, technically
    Hes bleeding from the hand gripping the blade incSe you missed it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexzendo View Post
    A while ago everybody wanted Xe'ra dead and now they are all whining about the cinematic was bad .
    Haven't met a single person who wanted Xera dead or whining about the cinematic, maybe i am just blind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    To sum up: Blizzard did a bad-to-mediocre job with the story about Xe'ra and the final of her story, while being beautiful, was wierdly empty of meaning. You say, that it was a character growth for Illidan, but what did he learn from this experience or what changed about him? Nothing really. Illidan did not change, nothing changed because of Illidans rejection or Xe'ras death. We are at the same place as we was before the entire storyline that lead up to the cinematic.
    I don't think her purpose was to develop Illidan's character, her real only interraction with him is in the cinematic. Before that she was only 'lecturing' us about his past and how wrong we were to kill him.

I think her main purpose was to plant seeds of doubt when it comes to faith and possibility of Light being manipulative.

I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Diablo direction where you have Demons and Angels battling over power of humankid to tip the scales in their own conflict. They could easily do the same with Void and Light.

Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    *Snip*
    He said it in The Frozen Throne cinematic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    I don't think her purpose was to develop Illidan's character, her real only interraction with him is in the cinematic. Before that she was only 'lecturing' us about his past and how wrong we were to kill him.

I think her main purpose was to plant seeds of doubt when it comes to faith and possibility of Light being manipulative.
    ...Or maybe she was used to introduce Illidan to players who are oblivious of who he is, but in a positive light, instead of requiring them to go through warcraft and TBC, realize what an asshole he actually was, and then question themselves and blizzard "why again we listen to this guy?"
    I wouldn't be surprised if they went with Diablo direction where you have Demons and Angels battling over power of humankid to tip the scales in their own conflict. They could easily do the same with Void and Light.
    I hope that it's not true, reusing diablo plot in warcraft would be extremely lazy. For some time i was convinced that they'll pull the End Times on us...
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    ...Or maybe she was used to introduce Illidan to players who are oblivious of who he is, but in a positive light, instead of requiring them to go through warcraft and TBC, realize what an asshole he actually was, and then question themselves and blizzard "why again we listen to this guy?"
    This too, but her presentation felt very oppressive. It certainly must have some meaning in the long run.

I hope that it's not true, reusing diablo plot in warcraft would be extremely lazy. For some time i was convinced that they'll pull the End Times on us...
    Yeah, it would feel lazy, but I just wouldn't be surprised.

Hive-mind fallacy continues to live, it seems.
    Now you see it. Now you don't.

But was where Dalaran?

Deleted
    A while ago everybody wanted Xe'ra dead and now they are all whining about the cinematic was bad . There were fucking hundreds of threads on how Xe'ra was illogical character and how illidan shouldn't be the champion of light . Now they are like ' Illidan is a hypocrite , why did illidan reject light ? That would have been a perfect redemption for him ' and thinking of while back , they were all calling it whitewash . I really don't get why people
    are getting all emo and shit over Xe'ra's death . People are
    calling blizzard was trying to make illidan edgelord in the cinematic . I really didn't feel that way .
    I really loved the cinematic . It was a character growth for illidan . The message of the cinematic was great and it resembled a lot of what Medivh said in the end of warcraft 3 .
    I only hated how Xe'ra was whitewashing everything Illidan did. But in the cinematic it now seems like she was obsessed. It was a bit weird to see a Naaru act like that. No way what the point of that was.

Deleted
    Who cares - it's possibly one of the smartest plot developments Blizz have given us in a LONG time.

As someone who has never liked the hippy bullshit from the Naaru, this is great.

I also have strong doubts as to whether the Naaru truly are the Void equivalent 'top guy's of the Light - They are just too shitty and susceptible.

What if Mu'ru was the Naaru's true form - give me that.

Deleted
    A while ago everybody wanted Xe'ra dead and now they are all whining about the cinematic was bad . There were fucking hundreds of threads on how Xe'ra was illogical character and how illidan shouldn't be the champion of light . Now they are like ' Illidan is a hypocrite , why did illidan reject light ? That would have been a perfect redemption for him ' and thinking of while back , they were all calling it whitewash . I really don't get why people
    are getting all emo and shit over Xe'ra's death . People are
    calling blizzard was trying to make illidan edgelord in the cinematic . I really didn't feel that way .
    I really loved the cinematic . It was a character growth for illidan . The message of the cinematic was great and it resembled a lot of what Medivh said in the end of warcraft 3 .
    Because hatebois gunna hate. Kerridan was horrible for them. Reverting the arc and giving good old Illy some of his old character back is equally horrible.
    That's it really, butthurt is rarely rational.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Basically Illidan is a hypocrite.
    No, it makes him a self-centered cunt that doesn't believe in cosmic powers.

Ah yes.

Huh I forgot they changed his voice actor...
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Illidan is steering the story into the mortals being the important players NOW instead of waiting for some prophecy.

That's also why he argued with Khadgar maybe wanting to close to portal in ToS, Velen started to realize that running didn't work after Rakeesh, and Illidan just made it more clear during the Argus Intro.

Pure light is as one-sided as Pure void. Xe'ra was forcing things on illidan her way no questions asked.

Remember why algalon didn't destroy Azeroth? Because he saw us mortals as combination of good and evil and more then just 1-sided beings of the titans origins.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-09-01 at 11:37 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or being infused with fel energies have its perks, probably stronger skin density that can stop the sword, you know, like demons usually have

- - - Updated - - -

And that's basically why i was disappointed by this cinematic. In neither develops Illidan or moves plot further. These quests where Xe'ra retconned told us bunch of shit about Illidan (like him killing moonguards instead of draining them to the point of them not being able to defend themselves, or how his eye colour was oh-so-important, or how he was rejected by Cenarius due to other reasons but his own arrogance and lust for power) are all pointless
    While i don't think Illidan really need this long storyline, i actually think something was wasted with the death of Xe'ra. She was supposed to be a prime naaru, something really powerfull and important, so not being able to see how important she could have been to the fight against the legion, is a huge loss. The naaru, while being the counterpart to the Legion, have been very inactive since TBC, so it would have been nice to actually see the light itself take up arms against the Legion. This would also have made the loss of her seem more important, if we lost a valueable ally in our fight.

- - - Updated - - -

But these seeds of doubt where not seeded from her actions. All she wanted to do was give the gift of light to illidan and he only rejected it because he liked his current body and personallity. All it showed was that Xe'ra was a character lead by this prophecy and she wanted to do what she could to make it come to pass. This did not make her evil or showed any sign of the light manipulating people. So again, the cinematic showed us nothing new. Illidan is still an egotist and the Light still think it has all the answers, but is often blind to the truth that some people don't want these answers.

When it comes to the Diablo thing, the battle between the Light and Fel have already been battled over our souls for a very long time, but instead of the human soul, they have battled over the Draenei.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    But these seeds of doubt where not seeded from her actions.
    How were they not? I mean, really?!

Just look how quickly she dismissed Turalyon when she saw Illidan, it certainly feels suspicious at best. The paladin spent his life carrying out her will and when she saw the Betrayer, she completely ignored him even though he was crucial for her plans.

Is there some prophecy really? As far as I know, it is she who created it. It is not so hard to imagine she can merely use it to manipulate her followers to accomplish a secret goal.

And the 'gift'? Again, do we know what is it? What if the gift was to make him a slave to do her biding? She even tried to manipulate him into accepting it by promising to restore his 'shattered form'. Forcing it on Illidan makes it even more questionable.

The Naaru is shady, she just preaches, yet never delivers a satisfying explanation.

The Naaru is shady, she just preaches, yet never delivers a satisfying explanation.
    And then there is the bit with Xal'atath

Xal'atath whispers: Do the naaru speak of the eternal conflict? That the entire history of your world is but a fraction of the time that has passed? Of those that came before the draenei? No? <short chuckle>

7+ Year Old Account
    How were they not? I mean, really?!

Just look how quickly she dismissed Turalyon when she saw Illidan, it certainly feels suspicious at best. The paladin spent his life carrying out her will and when she saw the Betrayer, she completely ignored him even though he was crucial for her plans.

Is there some prophecy really? As far as I know, it is she who created it. It is not so hard to imagine she can merely use it to manipulate her followers to accomplish a secret goal.

And the 'gift'? Again, do we know what is it? What if the gift was to make him a slave to do her biding? She even tried to manipulate him into accepting it by promising to restore his 'shattered form'. Forcing it on Illidan makes it even more questionable.

They were not. It showed alot of Xe'ras character, but not really about the role of the light, because.... We did not really spend enough time with Xe'ra to see her being the speaker of the light. There have even been threads talking about her being a Legion undercover agent or a rogue Naaru.

The reason why she ignored Turalyon is again because her character is opsessed with the idea of the Prophecy. It said nothing about the light, but alot about her.

You say that the naaru are shady, but she is the only one who have anything shady. I think it is false to say that the Light is shady because Xe'ra is shady, because we have really gotten 0 hints about her being someone important in the larger vision of the Light.

Besides, she is dead now and nothing has changed. Even if we wanted to have doubt with the Light, we are pretty much forced to fight with the Army of Light, so it is not like we could do anything based on the cinematic. Also, she might have been the only shady character, so why would we need to doubt the light now that Illidan have killed its shady character. I conclude again, that the cinematic changed nothing and had no other purpose then to kill Xe'ra off. Not even Turalyon seem to be that much affected by her death, he just keeps on fighting.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    I think the issue people had with Xe'Ra is that Lightidan or Illilight would be absolutely ridiculous.

The issue people had with the cinematic is that it made no sense for Illidan to reject Xe'Ra's gift as he's always been determined to destroy the Burning Legion, Xe'Ra's gift would help with that.

Unless she's a demon in disguise, which is my theory.
    Last edited by mmocb78b2e29a3; 2017-09-01 at 03:03 PM.